Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb 'Malice' (208) General Discussion

Visit the Episode GuideUNIVERSE SEASON TWO
    MALICE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

Simeon makes his escape from Destiny, sending Nicholas Rush on a vengeful mission to catch him. But Young and Greer must attempt to retrieve Simeon unharmed.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; November 11th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: 'Malice' (208) General Discussion

Soon as that herd showed up on screen, it was obvious what was coming. Still, very awesome take-down.

best ep of the series

Chief Master Sergeant Uncle Tobias's Avatar

haha I loved that bit with the herd of alien things.

One of the best kills in SG.

Best episode of series.

Though I do wish they would get the Varro storyline going.

Lieutenant Colonel Sapphire_Jade's Avatar

Amazing episode!! best yet!! amazing performances by Robert Carlyle and David Blue! This ep is a turning point for Eli I believe.. and poor Rush that is the 2nd women he loved that he has lost.. and I am so not blaming Rush for shooting Simeon.. even though it looked like he was going to spill about the attack on Earth.. but I don't think he would ever tell and if he did it would have been false info.. I am so going to miss Ginn she was a favorite of mine I hope the rest of the season is like this episode!

I love this episode because its something we don't see Rush. This shows off Rush's emotional side. He is a person for better or worse that just does show emotion. No one would feel sorry for him after what Simeon had done. Sure he is riding on rage but I still just like seeing the range of Rush's emotional action and thier was a lot of action to keep me entertained with how Simeon was able to outsmart everyone with his Lucian Alliance bombs. The speech Simeon gave to Rush was chilling not only because it was but just how cynical it was. Although thier is something epic about a stampede of alien animals killing Simeon.

I liked how this episode challenegd Eli. It was as far as we know the first time Eli had experenced loss. It was an interesting insight into his character and how losing a loved one affects Eli. Although I have to question the wisdom of using Chloe on the bridge. Yes I know Brody and Volkner questioned the wisdom of this action but that does not make it any less dumb.

Speaking of the Chloe arc its getting a little drawn out. I think its about time we find a conclusion to Chloe being infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This was much better than even I thought it would be. Simeon definitely got what was coming to him, that is for sure.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Very Good episode, the tension in this episode was top notch, but some things just did not make sense to me. Simeon kills Ginn so she would not give information, do you really think Simeon is going to tell them? Rush was right to kill Simeon because what would he do on that ship? He could escape again and perhaps hurt and/or kill more people. He killed an innocent person who could not defend herself or fight back.

Anyway the emotions were great and well played by Eli and Rush. I like where it is going with Chloe, like being able to find a new RTL course, and it seems we are in store for something down the road.

So, gave the episode a 9/10!
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Very Good episode, the tension in this episode was top notch, but some things just did not make sense to me. Simeon kills Ginn so she would not give information, do you really think Simeon is going to tell them? Rush was right to kill Simeon because what would he do on that ship? He would escsape again and perhaps hurt and/or kill more people. He killed a defensless innocent person who could not fight back.

Anyway the emotions were great and well played by Eli and Rush. I like where it is going with Chloe being able to find a new RTL course, and it seems we are in store for something down the road.

So, gave the episode a 9/10!
    Yes. After some some time with Greer.
    Jelgate is right

First Lieutenant themeatcleaver's Avatar

i applauded when simeon got trampled and then laughed my ass off when rush blew his brains out! epic kill!

no way would simeon ever have shared his knowledge. he was just begging for help and would have screwed us later on.

i really, really, really would have tried to bring one of those alien gazelles home for a steak dinner. shame they didn't.

/i personally think this episode had enough action in it to rival most SG-1 or Atlantis episodes... thoughts?

Probie

A great episode. I can't believe that they brought Robert Knepper on, barely used him and killed him off so quickly. They could have used any actor for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    You should watch "24" dude. Some people just won't talk.

BTW, what Rush did make Greer look weak or a BS'er, because Greer is all talk, Rush did it, and pulled the trigger. If I was in his shoes I would probably do the same thing. He was too dangerous to be left alive.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Thats because 24 was poorly written. It rarely rational sense.
    Jelgate is right

I have no idea what this means.

I half-expected Rush to eject the magazine trying to kill Simeon, but that's McKay comedy and it wouldn't fit. Rush is still a terrible shot, though. I've shot guns only a few times, but even the first time I could hit a man-sized target somewhere from that distance. Rush had the perfect setup time to start, too. Then again, he was trying to draw Simeon in, and that stampede was worth it.

Even in general, sometimes people won't break, and Simeon looks like the type.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

BTW, what Rush did make Greer look weak or a BS'er, because Greer is all talk, Rush did it, and pulled the trigger. If I was in his shoes I would probably do the same thing. He was too dangerous to be left alive.
    I totally agree with that. He wouldn't have given up any info he had, so it just wasn't worth keeping him around.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I totally agree with that. He wouldn't have given up any info he had, so it just wasn't worth keeping him around.
    if only they'd have blown his brains out a few episodes ago, we'd all be better off!

Poorly Written? Compare SGU's situation to what Jack Bauer did to get people to talk or took actions for the "Greater Good" makes the cast's actions of SGU look like an episode of the Teletubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    I half-expected Rush to eject the magazine trying to kill Simeon, but that's McKay comedy and it wouldn't fit. Rush is still a terrible shot, though. I've shot guns only a few times, but even the first time I could hit a man-sized target somewhere from that distance. Rush had the perfect setup time to start, too. Then again, he was trying to draw Simeon in, and that stampede was worth it.

Even in general, sometimes people won't break, and Simeon looks like the type.
    The Greer thing was a joke. But if we want to be serious its a good possibility Simeon wouldn't break but its also possible he would break given time. We wouldn't know until we tried.
    Jelgate is right

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast