Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8, good episode, not as good as the ones before it. i liked the plot an everything but the ending seemed very and rush kills him suprise... not. but other then that i liked:

eli's attitude on the bridge/ his conversation with young
    seeing the alien animals and the planet.
    sigpic

Comment

7, good episode but not awesome compared to last weeks.

Comment

There we go, the first 1

Comment

This is the kind of episode Universe needs more. Fast action centered around drama.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Outstanding!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

The only thing that could have made it better for me is if when chloe and the rest were on the bridge, we saw franklin. That and seeing rush make some comment to Simeon "Thats two women i love who are now dead... So here is two bullets!"

Comment

Yeah, Destiny has been a little to quiet since Rush aint in command of the bridge anymore....
                AND DARN IT I GAVE MY FIRST 10 AWAY!!!
                Now what am i going to give the mid season finale....i've been waiting for a galactic war between 2 alien races for a long time to come up on SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreol View Post
                  A very good episode, but not as good as Trial and Error, Awakening and The Greater Good. IMHO, Robert Knepper's talent was wasted on an underused character with almost absent story arc. If I could vote, I'd give the episode 7 out of ten.
                  My sentiments exactly, I was really looking forward to this episode to see Simeon in action. The first real villain in SGU, but was dissapointed. I truly think that they build his character and let him down at the end. A shame because he's acting was solid and I was really looking forward to a bigger confrontation. Sadly it never happens. And for that I give it a 7/10. It was good but it could have been much better.
                  They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                  --Markus--

Comment

I was on edge all the time, the first episode where scott did not annoyed me, I actually liked him in this one. Eli & Rush are awesome....I gave it a 10. Too bad that Ginn died, but otherwise we would not have this awesome awesome awesome episode!!! This Episode was even better than LOST at some point (which is my all time favourite!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                      There we go, the first 1
                      Yep, and traditionally - no explanation. But then, coming up with some believable excuse for rating this ep 1 is a tall order.

Anyway, 8 from me. I had such high expectations that in the end I was disappointed. And of course the one thing I was most afraid that would happen, did happen. All the build-up of Greer/Simeon animosity turned out to be completely unnecessary as Greer was sidelined throughout the episode, and the grand finale belonged to Rush. Just as I predicted. Just as RCC always writes. Honestly, I'm not particularly sorry that he left.

Thankfully there was a lot od really cool stuff too. Young acting like a real commander, comforting TJ and talking some sense into Eli, bigger role for James (yay!) and Park (double yay!), Volker was kinda sweet, it was nice seeing Eli act like a jerk for a change, Scott and Chloe were ok, Greer - what little we saw of him - was awesome and seeing Rush rage and cry was priceless. Can't forget about beautiful scenery either...
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I gave it an 8.

For me it was one of the most enjoyable episodes this season. Loved the Rush revenge plot, and they did a great job of building the tension with lots of action and lot's of casualties. All in all, kept me interested and entertained for the entire duration, something that hasn't happened in a while.

So if I like it that much why not give a 10? Well in my mind giving something a 10/10 amounts to saying it is perfect, with absolute no room for improvement. I would argue that there is always room for improvement, and so no episode is every perfect or deserving of a 100% rating. So in my book 9/10 is as good as it gets, and this episode, while very entertaining, had some drawbacks that I feel knock a point off - hence 8/10.

Negatives for this ep, the reason for an 8/10 not a 9/10:
                        Simeon is presented as a very capable, and very dangerous individual, yet once he's on the planet he can't seem to put a round in anyone (aside from the kino and Greer's shoulder). So it was a tad mismatched.

The crew speculate that his intention was to try to return to other LA members that were put off the ship, what would that have accomplished exactly? I honestly don't know - was it just to keep the SGC from getting intel on the LA attack, if that was the case maybe he should have played it smart and waited for an opportunity to slip away instead of murdering several crew members and running.

I kinda feel like I'm nitpicking at this point so I'll stop there, but in short an episode has to be something very special for me to go with a 9/10 - so 8/10 is pretty respectable.
                        I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                          So if I like it that much why not give a 10? Well in my mind giving something a 10/10 amounts to saying it is perfect, with absolute no room for improvement. I would argue that there is always room for improvement, and so no episode is every perfect or deserving of a 100% rating. So in my book 9/10 is as good as it gets, and this episode, while very entertaining, had some drawbacks that I feel knock a point off - hence 8/10.
                          you don't need to be perfect for a 10/10 - 9,5 is a 10 rounded up too
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Can I change my vote from 10 to 100?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Can I change my vote from 10 to 100?
                              Why can't I green you yet! 100 out of 10 - that is excellent
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

8 because it was good but not the best of the season
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X