This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it a 10. This episode had:
    • Big action scenes with a lot of people being injured or killed.
    • Great character moments - The actors did a superb job there!
    • A stunning location. I appreciate the producer's effort to find good locations, so far I've been very impressed. No more Vancouver pine forest
    • An awesome music piece at the end.
    • Repurcussions for the future. The death of Ginn and Amanda Perry will undoubtedly weigh heavy on Eli and Rush. Not to mention a possible Lucian Alliance attack on Earth.
    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

A solid 10. If I could give more than a ten, i would. If this doesn't win an award somewhere, I'll be surprised.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Finally got around to watching Malice and must say: Very solid, almost standalone episode. I rated it a 7, 1 above the last epi before it. Honestly, they could do a whole episode of Rush trekking empty planets set to music that drew one in (not like some of the montages) and it'd probably entertain me .

Point deductions for some smallish logic breaks (Simeon should have picked everyone off after they stepped through the gate; Rush should have asked people on Destiny for a tool, they may have had something on hand they could just throw through even if time was of the essence; what beef does Simeon have with Rush to single him out for his great revenge?), the gratuitious Varro scene ("He's dangerous!"... surprise?) and the fact that I really don't buy Lt. Scott giving everyone life advice now. Seriously, first he turns Young around (who's not acting very much like he's in withdrawal...) and now he assumes to be able to do the same for Rush (come on, both guys are probably double Scott's age with corresponding life experience)? The only good thing about this was that it obviously didn't work, the scene itself made me personally cringe.

Regarding Greer and his not getting his showdown with Simeon: That was something I found logical. Sadly, Greer is written "the angry guard dog" character (in my perception). He always gets to "bark" at a person but never really the "bite" showdown (see Wray, Rush and now Simeon).

Comment

A solid 10 from me. The acting was great from main characters to secondary characters. Of course I did not like the deaths of the 4 who died and especially the ladies but it did lead to great drama. And showed how ruthless the some of the LA may be.

I'm looking forward to where this will all lead.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

9. The disappereance of Lucian Alliance was kind of difficult to accept, but getting rid of the only thing keeping Rush away from work was good. Ginn wasn't very bad, but non-essential to the storyline. Simeon vs Rush was awesome.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
            X