What Simeon REALLY Said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Simeon REALLY Said

Looked to me like Simeon had assumed that the rest of his people were feeding Earth lies, and he didn't look to happy to realise that they were betraying the Alliance. I wonder if this is going to set up a storyline where he tries to stop them?

I think it's not a bad setup, really. He's now an outcast amongst outcasts, and his upbringing makes him look even more crazy or slimy. But I think the encounters in this episode have kinda taught him to look out for numero uno, and I think crafty and scary Simeon is about to emerge... Should be fun.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

He's not exactly Rambo material, more of a serial rapist. Lets get it on!

Comment

Judging from the season two trailer we've yet to see a particular scene:

Spoiler:
        Where Simeon clearly has a number of weapons on his person, while emerging from a cloud of smoke, clearly on board the Destiny.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

I think his storyline is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I was rather pleased and surprised to see how his character was written. How many of us thought from the moment he was cast he was going to be an over the hill psycho a la Prison Break? I got the impression at least that a lot of people assumed he was cast to play the part of the "bad guy", but we really did not see that did we? Sure he may have said something crass to Dr. Park, but we don't know do we. We could also assume they just simply overreacted to someone form the LA saying anything. However in the following scene with Young he did seem sincere in expressing a desire to live among the Destiny crew.

While he may have been surprised to learn that Varro and the rest are cooperating fully, his lack of cooperation is understandable to say the least. Reverse the roles and we would expect nothing less from SGC members wouldn't we? So who is really being the "bad guy" now? He may very well be on a path of conflict with Varro, Rush, rest of the LA, but I think this conflict is going to be a lot more complex and nuanced than I previously thought. Too bad he is only signed for a limited number of episodes.

Comment

I could have sworn that in the Season 2 trailer...

Spoiler:
            ... we saw him on a planet, armed, as if he were an active member of the crew.

I certainly wouldn't mind him in a recurring role like that.

I also think that he and Greer are going to become BFF's. The whole "they hate each other at first" routine is a staple of both romances and bromances, because it just works so well when you get the eventual payoff.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
              I could have sworn that in the Season 2 trailer...

Spoiler:
              ... we saw him on a planet, armed, as if he were an active member of the crew.

I certainly wouldn't mind him in a recurring role like that.

I also think that he and Greer are going to become BFF's. The whole "they hate each other at first" routine is a staple of both romances and bromances, because it just works so well when you get the eventual payoff.
              Spoiler:
              We saw him offworld and armed, no reason to assume he was there as if he was part of the crew though.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Spoiler:
                We saw him offworld and armed, no reason to assume he was there as if he was part of the crew though.
                Yeah, but I can hope.

I think the whole...

Spoiler:
                ... running around the ship with explosions behind him thing would be neater if it was him deciding to be a heroic badass instead of an irredeemable troublemaker. I know he's only signed to a limited # of episodes, but the same was true of Lou Diamond Phillips last season.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  He's signed on for five episodes, so he only has one left.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    He's signed on for five episodes, so he only has one left.
                    I think they expanded both his and Ginn's roles.

Spoiler:
                    Simeon at least appears up until Malice, episode eight.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I know he appears in that episode, but do we have confirmation that he's in the ones leading up to it?

Comment

He sign for 5 episodes or "at least" 5?

Cos i dont see his storyline been resolve in one episode, and in episode 2 or 3 he just stand there doesnt even talk, does that count has a "episode done"?
                        "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
                        with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

I think so.

Comment

I know he appears in that episode, but do we have confirmation that he's in the ones leading up to it?
                            Spoiler:
                            I just don't see any reason why he wouldn't. Cloverdale, he won't appear. Trial and Error and the Greater Good, I bet dollars to donuts he'll appear in at least one (But I'd bet both), and he'll definitely show up in Malice. I see no reason why he wouldn't, same with Ginn appearing in those same three, or at least episodes six and seven.

EDIT: Also, allow me to direct your attention to this post: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11209360

The original casting call said 6-7 episodes for Simeon, and 5 to Ginn, and they've done 4 and 3 respectively so far. He'll do 6, 7 and 8, and she'll do 6 and 7, and maybe 8 if they expanded her. I'd bet on it.

Comment

Ah well that settles it then. A load of articles had him and Ginn down for 5 each.

Comment

Working...
                              X