Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "pathogen" season 2's "life" episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "pathogen" season 2's "life" episode?

So is it? It rode pretty high on the drama llama... I can't seem to remember sci fi related or even much of note other than Rush's scenes and Rush and Chloe's interaction.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

I think so... or maybe Hope will be like Life & Pathogen too

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
      So is it? It rode pretty high on the drama llama... I can't seem to remember sci fi related or even much of note other than Rush's scenes and Rush and Chloe's interaction.
      I can't really remember anything that wasn't sci fi related in the episode...

Comment

If it's "Life 2.0", then it's "Life" done right. This one struck a much better balance, and the situations are a lot better played out than they were before.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          If it's "Life 2.0", then it's "Life" done right. This one struck a much better balance, and the situations are a lot better played out than they were before.
          I agree totally. Pathogen was a good episode while Life and Earth were horrid episodes. Pathogen had great drama with Eli and Wray AND a great double cross with Rush/Chloe. Pathogen even used the stones effectively AND showed the 'life' of those left behind more realistically than many of the other stones episodes.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            I agree totally. Pathogen was a good episode while Life and Earth were horrid episodes. Pathogen had great drama with Eli and Wray AND a great double cross with Rush/Chloe. Pathogen even used the stones effectively AND showed the 'life' of those left behind more realistically than many of the other stones episodes.
            It portrayed realistically the effect that the stones should have had on any person. I found that Sharon and Emily had accepted the chance much to quickly for it to be plausible, imagine a person that you have never seen before appearing in front of you saying that he is his spouse/wife/son/dad how would you react? No one would believe that and the expression on Eli's mom showed it perfectly.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Yes in that it's one of the better episodes. But no in terms of most of the content. Life was about people out of immediate danger long enough to adjust to the idea that they are going to be on the ship for a while Rush learning he has to be more clever about fooling people if Eli is around. Also some of the characters got shore leave and the little bit about Telford trying to do whatever he could to sabotage Young on a personal level and put him off his game.

Pathogen was about Rush trying to deepen his understanding of the ship while keeping it secret and show how consuming his obsession is while adding to the mystery of what the Blue aliens did to Chloe. Secondary stories were about testing the trust of the Lucian Alliance and the culture clash. And the Eli story was continued from Life and Time but falls into the shore leave category.

The only real Drama in Life was between Young and Telford, and Young and Rush. In Pathogen there was more mystery and exploration the main Dramatic moments being between Volker, Greer and the Lucian Alliance guy - Similar to the drama in SGA between the Todd character and Ronon/Shepard. Also some minor drama in the with Wray and wife but was as a small part of the episode and big drama between Eli and Mother as he tried to keep her from giving in to despair and the theme of separation is re-inforced. I would say the drama generally served the show well. In pathogen the Camile and Eli stories had more drama than in Life. Life those characters all got alone pretty well, not real conflict.
              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Eli and Eli's mom negated most of the negatives.

Comment

I hate to say this, but in some way, Yes. This episode like "Life" is lack of the theme. They just put the random stuff into this one episode, although it may excute better than "Life".

Think about it, this episode combines three parts:
                    1. The crew finds out Chloe turn into an alien.
                    2. Young releases the LA prisoner.
                    3. Eli and Wray back to earth.

The first two are obviously the major thing, any one of them could be the main theme of this week. But they didn't develop much, simply just tell us the fact:
                    1. Chloe can't be cured.
                    2. Simeon is a trouble.

The third part is good, I generally like it. Eli's part is emotional. And being with her gf, it brings out Wray's best that I never seen before. It is sweet and realistic. But the last time we see Eli's mother was in "Earth", 17 episodes ago. And I bet we won't see Eli's mother or Sharon in season 2 again, probably another 20 episodes?

That does not look good, it makes me feel like when they don't have enough things to show on one episode, then they fill those stories in.

All three parts are OK, some are good, definitely not bad. Again they could put any of it in any one ep. Those three parts just don't have any connections. And in this one episode, each didn't develop much, maybe each only have 10 mins? For me it lacks of theme, almost too distracted.

I feel like they are taking the week off. Yes I am sure the Chloe and Simeon thing will lead us something great, something major like the chair and Spencer in "Life", but for this episode not so much. They probably didn't think they would have the huge rating problem in the early season 2.
                    Last edited by SGeff; 21 October 2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Well, change the set to a 1950's diner. Change the use of stones to being in the band. And what makes it different from say Happy Days? That all time Syfy classic. (or not)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                        Well, change the set to a 1950's diner. Change the use of stones to being in the band. And what makes it different from say Happy Days? That all time Syfy classic. (or not)
                        It's different because Young would be playing the Fonz, only he'd headbutt Rush after saying "Eyyyyyy!"

Comment

I really reallly really hope that Pathogen is this seasons 'Life' episode.

Mainly because if it isn't, and the 'life' ep is still to come, it means another ep that I am going to fast forward through....which I really don't want!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            I really reallly really hope that Pathogen is this seasons 'Life' episode.

Mainly because if it isn't, and the 'life' ep is still to come, it means another ep that I am going to fast forward through....which I really don't want!
                            I find this very well said. Pathogen may have been "Life" done right objectively. But that doesn't mean it appeals to people's subjective tastes. And I fear it doesn't for the larger sci fi audience, I've seen people refer to it as a "snooze fest" and I can't blame them too much. I can endure a little bit of this if it lets me enjoy the overall show but enough is enough.
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

it reminded me more of "Human"
                              "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Working...
                              X