Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with SGU in this episode ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefanSGA View Post
    Wow, this episode was one MAJOR bummer! Nothing, absolutely nothing interesting happened in this episode. So many things ruined it for me:

- Those stupid stones! Young: 'Eli, grab a stone, visit your Mom'. For crying out loud, it ruins the whole 'lost-in-space'-theme of the show. Give us the backstory by flashbacks, kinda like Lost, and keep them REALLY lost in space. Get rid of the stones, quickly!
    Please no flash backs, the musical montages at the end of each episode are bad enough.
    - The Earth-based stories: show us the characters associated with the crew and show us their pain of missing their loved ones. That makes me care more. Where is the real drama if they can just use the stupid stones and go home? Like in the episode 'Life' the stones-stories absorb too much time of unknown-galaxy-awesomeness and are generally very boring too watch. Like with 'Life' this episode was just too boring to watch, no suprise the viewing numbers plummeted.
    I think you missed the point - this ep was about the Pain of those left behind, we are already familiar with the pain of the crew from the first series
    - The main story: it doesn't get enough attention! We want too see the unknown universes and all the wonders the destiny has to offer. Instead we get entire episodes of useless stone-action and endless quarreling about the Lucian Alliance stuff. Just like Voyager did with the Maquis we all know they will become close friends in a matter of a few episodes.
    There is no "main story" they're stuck on a ship trying to get home Unless you want to watch all the minatuaie of Rushes maths as he works out how to control the ship, that is. Rush, the stones, the Lucian alliance are all separate plot threads in that setting. Oh, and I'll bet you anything that they won't "close friends" be friends with the Lucian alliance in a couple of episodes - Voyager might have actually been good if the kept the Maquis tension going.

- Humor and adventure: absolutely absent.
    SGU is Scifi drama, not a comedy or action show.

- Original ideas: the entire premise is a mix of Voyager and BSG, 2 shows each with their flaws but so much more compelling to watch.
    You found Voyager compelling? I see your problem - SGU isn't your type of show, the whole ship isn't magically fixed at the beginning of each episode, they don't have particle of the week syndrome, reversing the polarity won't fix it.

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
    Plus What's the matter with Scott???? If my girlfriend was being transformed into an alien and behaving like a zombie the last thing I would want to do is sleep with her (alien std's anyone?)
    He thinks she's been cured by the chair, remember.

Comment

Working...
    X