Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatment for Chloe and how to keep her secret from Scott?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treatment for Chloe and how to keep her secret from Scott?

If the Chloe had physically infected with the Blue Alien Pathogen, and slowing her mind is slipping away.

They tried the Ancient chair, then may be trhey can tried the Ancient Stone.
    May be it would help chole if she spent sometime aways from her body,use the Anicent to send her back to Earth for a while and let her mind rest a while , some Linguistic or medical expert spent some time in Chloe 's body and try to understand her condition and the alien writing.

Temporary in a normal healthy body without the Pathogen ,would probaby wake Chloe up from the affect of the alien influence, or reverse or slow down the affect on Chloe's mind.

And i think Dr Rush could be the key to cure Chloe, the Blue Alien had only physically close encounter with two human , Rush and Chloe.
    They had studied Rush body and mind , probably use Rush as human baseline to create the version of Pathogen for human infection.
    Chloe was kidnapped for only a few hour and it is enough to infect her with the Pathogen.

And how would Chloe keep her secret without breaking up with Scott.Even Scott would notice Chloe staring into the ceiling in the middle of the night.

The way I see it, the "chair treatment" was only a way for Rush to get Chloe out of the brig (isolation), a smokescreen, and use her new ability to his advantage. That's why in the end he say to his wife hallucination that if Chloe values her freedom she will play along with him. So I wouldn't count on Rush to heal her.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

When Scott sees some blue patches on her body, I'm pretty sure it will raise questions. Might even be a turn on/off.

Comment

I doubt being out of your body would stop the process or even slow it down, if someone in your body is hit in the head and your head suffers brain damage, your mind wont be able to fix that simply by swapping it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          I doubt being out of your body would stop the process or even slow it down, if someone in your body is hit in the head and your head suffers brain damage, your mind wont be able to fix that simply by swapping it.
          That is an age old question

Does your body make who you are?
          Or your soul make who you are?
          The Soul affect the body or the other way around

Comment

From a purely medical point of view, stone-swapping will in no way help her. Here or there, her body is going to continue to make her black out and act under alien influence. The only question is whether her body itself will do the acting or if it will manifest on Chloe's end of the link.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              I am not saying it will fix her problem.

Just swap the body , will give Chloe a few moment of clear mind.Let her sleep without starring into the ceilling.
              The pathogen affect her body and mind. If her mind is allow to spend some time away from the body .May be she can think clearly for while.And when she return to her own body , after some rest she can try to control the alien alien influence from her body.

Like a person addict to drug ,everything you do and think are motivated by how to get more drug.Because the body crave for it.
              But if his mind spent some time away from that drug addicted body , and ispend some time in a healthy body.The mind get clear up and get a moment of self conscious .
              Then return to the original body, the craving for drug return, but the mind can try to resist the urge attempt to hold on to the sanity.
              Last edited by ckwongau; 20 October 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post

Just swap the body , will give Chloe a few moment of clear mind.Let her sleep without starring into the ceilling.
                The pathogen affect her body and mind. If her mind is allow to spend some time away from the body .May be she can think clearly for while.And when she return to her own body , after some rest she can try to control the alien alien influence from her body.

Like a person addict to drug ,everything you do and think are motivated by how to get more drug.Because the body crave for it.
                But if his mind spent some time away from that drug addicted body , and ispend some time in a healthy body.The mind get clear up and get a moment of self conscious .
                Then return to the original body, the craving for drug return, but the mind can try to resist the urge attempt to hold on to the sanity.
                Addiction is psychological, too. The mind and body are not disconnected entities. They are a unified force. One affects the other.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                  Addiction is psychological, too. The mind and body are not disconnected entities. They are a unified force. One affects the other.
                  That is my point, Chloe' s body is affecting her mind,her mind is slapping away.
                  in real life you can separate from your body.
                  but in Stargate , Chole can spent some time aways from her body, the body and mind are still connected by the stone ,but her mind can spent some times aways from her body's influence . Give her a moment to hold on to reality ,without the alien influence.

A patient with brain tumer ,and hear voices tell him to do things , but if the patient's mind is in some hearlth person's body without the brain tumor, then the patient can't hear the voice for while .

Comment

imagine it like this. you feel GREAT! and then suddenly you experience incredible pain, it would do more damage than slowly increaing pain.

Comment

That is my point, Chloe' s body is affecting her mind,her mind is slapping away.
                      in real life you can separate from your body.
                      but in Stargate , Chole can spent some time aways from her body, the body and mind are still connected by the stone ,but her mind can spent some times aways from her body's influence . Give her a moment to hold on to reality ,without the alien influence.

A patient with brain tumer ,and hear voices tell him to do things , but if the patient's mind is in some hearlth person's body without the brain tumor, then the patient can't hear the voice for while .
                      Except what you're suggesting isn't quite the same thing. The minds and bodies are still linked. Even if Chloe spent some time away from her body, she'd be hit with the same problem upon returning, if not during the switch itself.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                        Except what you're suggesting isn't quite the same thing. The minds and bodies are still linked. Even if Chloe spent some time away from her body, she'd be hit with the same problem upon returning, if not during the switch itself.
                        The body and minds of two people are linked by the stone,but so much of the mind is away , like When Telford was swap so much of his mind is left the body, that some past memories is left on the other person's mind.
                        And the stone link is only life and death .

Chloe's mindis slipping aways, imagine, everymoment , you question every descision you make, Am i still me, or something is influenceing me.That alone could drive a sane person insane.

Let Chloe spent sometime elsewhere, let her get her bearing.get a hold on the reality .
                        When she return she can fight for her body and mind with some objective perspective .

Comment

Keep in mind that Rush is the one making it seem like Chloe is engaging in sabotage/spying.

Chloe's behavior may be creepy, but she hasn't actually done any more than go about the ship and be curious (no position-revealing messages or engine destroying or anything else). The blackouts may be a temporary thing as her body adjusts to whatever is going on.

Besides the blackouts, we've only seen positive things: remarkable healing, intelligence that trumps even Rush, a significant reduction in whiny/annoying behavior, and an increase in leg-touching/showing. Why rush to get rid of that?

Everything we saw in Space shows that the aliens meant to keep Chloe and Rush with them until Young broke Rush out, in which case transforming her into a spy wouldn't have made much sense. Spy on what, the inside of her tank?

I think it's more plausible that they weren't having as much success as they would have liked with the mind-reading devices (Rush mentioned that he could resist them, and there were no devices in the area where Rush found Chloe), and decided to try a different method where they made some adjustments (via a virus or whatever) so that Chloe could understand their language and they could do a more direct interrogation.

As for the season 2 previews, keep in mind that Blues coming on to the ship was also in the Season 1.5 preview and it ended up being just a paranoid delusion caused by ticks.

Spoiler:
                          The preview scene where half of her face was covered (and she was in a wedding dress) was obviously from next week's episode with whatever is going on in Scott's head, so she might not be physically changing at all.

I think when this is all said and done, we're going to be left with a Chloe who doesn't retain quite as much innate intelligence, but conveniently has a strong grasp of the sort of technology, languages, and cultures found in this region of space, so she can better fill the "Daniel Jackson" role that they started to groom her for last season. That way, they can keep the "really, really alien" societies but still interact with them (and instantly make Chloe super important and a character that folks love). I just don't see any other way for them to do any serious away missions.
                          Last edited by k1037; 21 October 2010, 01:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
                            Keep in mind that Rush is the one making it seem like Chloe is engaging in sabotage/spying.

Chloe's behavior may be creepy, but she hasn't actually done any more than go about the ship and be curious (no position-revealing messages or engine destroying or anything else). The blackouts may be a temporary thing as her body adjusts to whatever is going on.
                            And what do you think her 'waking up' with a screwdriver in hand trying to force open a container, or sitting at a console she is not supposed to be at are? Her having a field trip? IMO they were examples of her spying..

I think when this is all said and done, we're going to be left with a Chloe who doesn't retain quite as much innate intelligence, but conveniently has a strong grasp of the sort of technology, languages, and cultures found in this region of space, so she can better fill the "Daniel Jackson" role that they started to groom her for last season. That way, they can keep the "really, really alien" societies but still interact with them (and instantly make Chloe super important and a character that folks love). I just don't see any other way for them to do any serious away missions.
                            I like that you feel she is going to eventually become the Daniel jackson of SGU like she seemed to be groomed for in Season 1, but i do not know if they can wipe out only part of the blue's messin with her without it wiping out her mental capacities.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
                              As for the season 2 previews, keep in mind that Blues coming on to the ship was also in the Season 1.5 preview and it ended up being just a paranoid delusion caused by ticks.

Spoiler:
                              The preview scene where half of her face was covered (and she was in a wedding dress) was obviously from next week's episode with whatever is going on in Scott's head, so she might not be physically changing at all.
                              Spoiler:
                              Her mutated face is a paranoid delusion. Her leg mutation is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X