What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
    Dark choices? You mean not telling anyone about the bridge? That's because he doesn't trust Young. There is nothing malevolent about that. I, in fact, agree with him. I'm actually finding myself rooting for him, not Young, this season. Young is not a good leader, at least not yet.
    Especially as Young is slipping into alcoholism as a way to cope with the loss of the child and the burden of command. We never see him anymore without a drink in his hand.

I too am rooting for Rush this season, although I think he needs to reveal the bridge, since it doesn't really matter, he will still be in control since he is the only one who could understand the complex controls (except maybe Eli, who needs to stop being Young's whipping boy and stand on his own two feet)

Brody said is correct and they keep changing direction then The Destiny is far off her original course already. (Unless it self corrects.) If thats the case they may not be able to find any more planets with stargates on them and I'm pretty sure they are out of shuttles now too
    I don't think the little course corrections matter, as they are just Rush trying to steer the ship, whatever they do at sublight wouldn't have any effect, the only thing that would matter is which direction they took off in FTL.

Putting Chloe in the chair was just stupid and Young was crazy to believe that garbage excuse about eliminating alien matter. They were so worried about the alien in Chloe studying the ship that they locked her up and then they stuck her in the machine which gives you mental control over the whole damn thing (if used properly) - Young should have seen that Rush had another reason for putting her in the chair. I think he wanted to give her more information about the ship so he could use her to gain better control.

Why are the controls of Destiny all this higher-level math? The Ancients are smart but no one is going to require you to write a ****ing math proof to steer your own damn ship. Imagine having to solve complex differential equations to hit the brakes in your car... it doesn't make any damn sense.

I can see it now, a crew of Ancients gate on board and take up shop.

Ancient 1 : Oh no! We are heading for an asteroid, someone turn left!

Ancient 2 : Hold on... I gotten finish this doctoral level math thesis before I can turn on the turn signal, and then I need to solve Fermat's Last Theorem and I can...

<Explosion!>

Comment

The ship cant be talking to Rush for that would mean that it has a more advance system then Atlantis. I think he's imagening things(his wife and Franklin) because of his sleep deprovation which is known to cause allucinations.
      "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
      with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

I remember hearing an interview where Carlyle said

Spoiler:
        Destiny is traveling to the beginning of time itself

, but that was it.

Spoiler:
        That could be a metaphor for travelling to the edge of the universe and possibly, looking at what's beyond.

Comment

no, sorry guys don't have a link. I actually read it on here in another thread. One of the thousands about destiny's true "mission."

@Makenshi Perhaps they did not for see the evolutionary thing like you said. So rush, kind will have screwed himself.

And maybe Carlyle is purposefully telling each interviewer different things to confuse us! lol
          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

i have two therys ...one is that the ship can only talk to rush becuse he has sat in the chare...which this episode he states that it can make phisical change's to you.
            or they are leftover thoughts from the chare...to help guide him

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
              The ship cant be talking to Rush for that would mean that it has a more advance system then Atlantis. I think he's imagening things(his wife and Franklin) because of his sleep deprovation which is known to cause allucinations.
              but atlantis has the hologram library ...which this could be the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                Why are the controls of Destiny all this higher-level math? The Ancients are smart but no one is going to require you to write a ****ing math proof to steer your own damn ship. Imagine having to solve complex differential equations to hit the brakes in your car... it doesn't make any damn sense.

I can see it now, a crew of Ancients gate on board and take up shop.

Ancient 1 : Oh no! We are heading for an asteroid, someone turn left!

Ancient 2 : Hold on... I gotten finish this doctoral level math thesis before I can turn on the turn signal, and then I need to solve Fermat's Last Theorem and I can...

<Explosion!>
                Controlling Destiny isn't high-level math. It's manipulating the countdown clock that's higher-level math.

Comment

The high-level math is all about Destiny's programming. Rush is currently trying to control the countdown clock and it's apparently a little more advanced than lft-clk, type, enter.

Also, never forget how much more advanced the Ancients were than we are. Even when Destiny was launched, they had a grasp of mathmatics and physics that we can only dream of. As such, their technology and base engineering would be that much more advanced.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I think I'm leaning to the fact that the "hallucinations" are actually leftovers from the chair experience. That it has somehow linked him to the ship. Case in point: Rush has only ever "hallucinated" on the bridge; why hasn't he seen them anywhere else?

So, Rush isn't crazy, or sociopathic, or psychopathic. He's functioning on a logical, pragmatic decision-making process. One that is possibly altered by torture, lack of sleep, possible alien modification, and the ship having some effect on his mind as well.

In that light, it's hard to blame him for much. Especially since, legally speaking, he's innocent of any involvement in Riley's death (at best, Young would bear sole responsibility).

Comment

Keep in mind that the visions/hallucinations only occur when Rush is on the bridge. They never show up anywhere else, like actual hallucinations would.

Also, the only two manifestations have been from the two people who have sat in the chair. Franklin, and the most important aspect of Rush's time in the chair. I wonder if we'll see some Blues or Chloe's dad in the coming weeks.

I also wouldn't get too caught up on how advanced Destiny is. There are practical considerations when building things. Destiny can have all sorts of tech that was never seen in Atlantis (meant as a home), or the Pegasus ancient ships (meant for war with a specific enemy), or anywhere else. They had something specific in mind for Destiny, and could have put in tech more advanced than they needed to use for any of those other projects.

Technological advancement is never quite linear, either. Sometimes we invent things which don't see widespread use until decades later, and sometimes we build something very sophisticated for a specific purpose and then realize it's not practical for widespread use.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        he's true to his character
                        if he started acting all noble and superheroey just because he had control of the Destiny, I'd wonder who the heck he was. The guy has had these flaws since day one and it's nice to see that they aren't tucked away when it's convenient.
                        Crazy is relative. I can still think he's not firing on all cylinders (which could be said of quite a few on the ship) and that he's getting manifestations from the Destiny. I'm interested about who other crew would see if they sat in the chair
                        Agreed Rush isnt sleeping either and driving himself till exhaustion, thats not going to do much good for his mental state either.

It will be interesting to see if Chloe can now see the ships manifestations, having been plonked into the chair - no bloody temples for her, perhaps a sign of her metamorphosis?
                        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

He's obsessed to the point that he'd frame people for murder and risk the lives of people he knows and lives with. What's more, he justifies it. I don't think he's imagining his dead wife or Franklin. I think Franklin is real and his wife is a side-effect of his time in the chair. The man isn't normal, he obviously needs counseling. Seems to be heading to a second breakdown.

Comment

Indeed...

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

The big thing for me was that not only did he cover it up by revealing the hallway, but he blamed the FTL problems on Chloe!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                                The big thing for me was that not only did he cover it up by revealing the hallway, but he blamed the FTL problems on Chloe!
                                Who else was he to blame? He'd have to reveal the bridge, otherwise, and Chloe was already under guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X