Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rush is not crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    he's true to his character
    if he started acting all noble and superheroey just because he had control of the Destiny, I'd wonder who the heck he was. The guy has had these flaws since day one and it's nice to see that they aren't tucked away when it's convenient.
    Crazy is relative. I can still think he's not firing on all cylinders (which could be said of quite a few on the ship) and that he's getting manifestations from the Destiny. I'm interested about who other crew would see if they sat in the chair
    Agreed Rush isnt sleeping either and driving himself till exhaustion, thats not going to do much good for his mental state either.

It will be interesting to see if Chloe can now see the ships manifestations, having been plonked into the chair - no bloody temples for her, perhaps a sign of her metamorphosis?
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

He's obsessed to the point that he'd frame people for murder and risk the lives of people he knows and lives with. What's more, he justifies it. I don't think he's imagining his dead wife or Franklin. I think Franklin is real and his wife is a side-effect of his time in the chair. The man isn't normal, he obviously needs counseling. Seems to be heading to a second breakdown.

Default Re: Rush and the Mission

Indeed...

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

Default Re: Rushs Deception

The big thing for me was that not only did he cover it up by revealing the hallway, but he blamed the FTL problems on Chloe!
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Density View Post
    The big thing for me was that not only did he cover it up by revealing the hallway, but he blamed the FTL problems on Chloe!
    Who else was he to blame? He'd have to reveal the bridge, otherwise, and Chloe was already under guard.

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    Who else was he to blame? He'd have to reveal the bridge, otherwise, and Chloe was already under guard.
    Yep, that was an opportunity well-spotted and seized by Rush I can't help but enjoy how good he is at lying.

(Sorry that I was a bit vague on my opinion of this before, hence the misunderstanding)
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Probie

I think the primary motive for all Rush's behavior is his desire to complete the destiny mission, not returning to earth.
    He tries to frame Young and he kept the control room secret for the same reason, if the other people find about the room all what they do is trying to get home, and Rush want to go forward to complete the mission.

Default What is Rush up to?

This episode show's Rush once again on the bridge of Destiny, bringing it in and out of FTL in areas with no stargates. He would then make a course correction. Franklin made reference to the countdown clock, not being easy to manipulate.
    What is Rush up to?

Default Re: What is Rush up to?

They explain that quite well. He's trying to learn how to control the ship but having a hard time doing it. The fact that the ship was not designed to be run by one man hasn't helped.

The course corrections are a result of his failed attempts to control the clock.

It probably doesn't help that the majority of the ship's systems are still locked out and Rush is having to try and operate the ship with only half the buttons working, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how everyone deals with his knowledge and use of the bridge when it eventually comes out...
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...s____by_se.jpg
    http://dragcave.net/image/XUZo.gifthe men cheered, the women fainted, the children waved multicoloured flags !!!!

What's with this edge of universe stuff? AFAIK destiny has only crossed from one galaxy into another so far. Travelling between two galaxies is hardly covering the whole universe now is it?

zainea13s bit about the point in space sounds more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by seishuuu View Post
    It probably doesn't help that the majority of the ship's systems are still locked out and Rush is having to try and operate the ship with only half the buttons working, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how everyone deals with his knowledge and use of the bridge when it eventually comes out...
    When everyone else finds out what Rush has been hiding, what's the appropriate "punishment" for what Rush has been doing when he's the one the crew apparently needs the most?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Rush may not be actually crazy, but he definitely has major issues. He should know better than to try and handle all of this by himself. He could end up screwing up big time, and the consequences would affect everyone on-board Destiny.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    When everyone else finds out what Rush has been hiding, what's the appropriate "punishment" for what Rush has been doing when he's the one the crew apparently needs the most?
    Needed or not, I would lock him up. He has proven time and again he really can't be trusted. Rush manipulates everything.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Rush isn't crazy, but he is pretty dangerously obsessed. His actions up till now can be somewhat justified. He couldn't have known that the shuttle would crash and that someone would die as a result. And it can be argued that if he hadn't disconnected Destiny from the seed ship than Destiny would have lost power. Granted, each of these situations may have been avoided if Rush had acted differently, but there was no way he could have anticipated what happened in either case.

The whole thing with Chloe, however, is going beyond what could be considered justifiable. Chloe is changing in a way that no one understands. Rush claiming she is cured not only puts Chloe in quite a bit of unknown danger, but potentially puts him and everyone on the ship in danger if what she changes into becomes a threat.

Find your Destiny

Staff Sergeant

The universe has no edge anyway. Nor does it have a center.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Suspended sentence

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    He's obsessed to the point that he'd frame people for murder and risk the lives of people he knows and lives with. What's more, he justifies it. I don't think he's imagining his dead wife or Franklin. I think Franklin is real and his wife is a side-effect of his time in the chair. The man isn't normal, he obviously needs counseling. Seems to be heading to a second breakdown.
    he recovered from the first one?
    I agree totally, you've just described my long standing theory almost word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    This was Rush's "treefrog" episode (Lost fans will get the reference) just when you think he's coming around its a glaring reminder that he's still a *******.
    lol, yeah i can see that. he reminds me of locke sometimes.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast