Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning question for Pathogen

Where did Rush get that piece of chalk?

.......maybe he found the daycare center on Destiny..........

I thought the Ancients invented chalk!
    sigpic

Comment

I would think chalk was some kind of military staple they'd actually want on hand - you can't draw battle plans on walls with pens... Scott and the folks were touting chalk as they marked off areas of the ship back in Air.

Long story short: Rush stole it. Lots of it.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

As for an actual answer...

In the premier episode "Air" the crew located a source of Calcite (limestone) to filter the CO2 out of the Air. Chalk can be found in nature in a few different forms being one of the earliest known writing tools, one form is limestone.
        sigpic

Comment

They probably just found some on a planet.

Comment

Yeah, maybe just some stones like chalks

Comment

Yes the desert planet from Air is the source of chalk/calcium carbonate etc. but given how much Rush has written, it's safe to assume that more chalk was tken from diffrent planets.
              It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
              -Dexter-

Comment

They had some, and it's probably a byproduct of the Air III dirt.

The real question is what does Rush use as the eraser? The voodoo doll of Young he made from old socks?

Or the more obvious question, why not just use the computers? He seems to be capable of programming them quite well. Or is his vision so bad that none of the displays are big enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post

The real question is what does Rush use as the eraser? The voodoo doll of Young he made from old socks?

Or the more obvious question, why not just use the computers? He seems to be capable of programming them quite well. Or is his vision so bad that none of the displays are big enough?
                  He's got the whole beautiful mind thing going. It adds to his persona as the mad doctor of destiny!

Comment

As soon as the crew were on Destiny, they were running around marking doors. Military does use chalk at times when they are conducting searches. Even in the first episode they made a point to show that Rush prefers to use a chalkboard. Possibly even enough to carry some with him.

Comment

The chalk looked manufactured. If it was obtained after arriving on Destiny it wouldn't be shaped so perfectly like a pencil.

Comment

If you made your own chalk, it would be easy to mold it into a perfect circular shape.

Comment

Because as a programmer, and math person, I can tell you it is a lot easier to work with problems on a white board.
                          thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            I thought the Ancients invented chalk!
                            Why not? They invented the Stargate, LOL
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Many scientists and math profs prefer to use visual stimuli/writing out what they are doing vice a computer, as
                              A) it is harder to erase it all and
                              B) at times you can write faster than the computer can keep up...

Comment

Working...
                              X