No announcement yet.

Eli and Mom well done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Eli and his Mom had the best interactions in this episode! Though I would have loved to see more of Rush & Chloe!
    sigpic

Comment

Who would've knew, IOA and Wray do dispense good deeds now and then!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        If thy were, i really wish they would have shown it... Even just a little mention (ok eli, your ok to brief your mom on this.. she has signed the required paperwork).
        You need to rewatch 'Earth' then.

Comment

Guess i will hafta..

Comment

I thought this was probably one of the best bits of acting that David Blue has done on the show so far. I think that they really struck home on the whole sequence of events with his Mom. As I was watching it I kept saying, why don't they just let her use the dang stones herself as that's the only way to make her believe. Well done...

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
              I thought this was probably one of the best bits of acting that David Blue has done on the show so far. I think that they really struck home on the whole sequence of events with his Mom. As I was watching it I kept saying, why don't they just let her use the dang stones herself as that's the only way to make her believe. Well done...
              I totally agree, some of the best acting David has done so far, I love Eli, and now I love him even more!!! Oh and I love David Blue the actor equally!

SGU has really grown on me, I fought it in the beginning but now I see/understand what Mallozzi had in mind. Excellent stuff!!!!
              General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                Presumably it was an Airforce hospital likely the one seen in Stronghold, that and I'm sure we've seen that doctor before
                Yep. That was an Air Force Hospital. The doctor was Dr. Brightman, who became the SGC doctor after Janet died. She was in several episodes of SG1 as Dr. Brightman, and in Ark of Truth (as a different character, though). She was also brought aboard the Destiny (via the stones) to help treat the wounded after the LA tried to take over.

Comment

On Eli breaking his NDA, doesn't everyone break NDA's and tell their immediate family anyway (except for that darn sibling who can never keep a secret)?

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                    On Eli breaking his NDA, doesn't everyone break NDA's and tell their immediate family anyway (except for that darn sibling who can never keep a secret)?
                    The people they tell have clearance to know, or they wouldn't tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by ipfnd View Post
                      In general I thought it was a good episode, I thought the interaction between Eli and his mother was acted/directed exceptionally well. It was the best part of the episode.
                      I also thought "hey, lets strap Cloe to the chair and hope it fixes her" was another stupid decision by Colonel Young. Rush is just running all over Young.
                      yeah that was nicely , i am glad you believes him now, i wonder what that guy said to the woman in the mess ?
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I kind of like the change in mood. Its obvious Eli's mom is depressed because she is alone and then she shoots up when she sees Eli on the Destiny. Although I'm curious what the meeting of Sharon and Mrs. Wallace means.
                        I'm surprise that Eli's mom lasted so long before breaking down. Unlike most of the people on Destiny who probably knew they might be gone for an extended period working for SG program and probably had time to inform/prepare their close ones, Eli was kinda just beamed aboard and whisked off to Icarus. His mom only had one phone call from Eli and then she never heard from him for months(a year?).
                        Imagine how would you feel if you came home one day and someone close to you disappeared (and without anything packed) and you only got one call saying s/he off to work for the government and then no news for months.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                          No... Well maybe in the SG verse... But i have worked with many a person who signed a NDA for something and even us co-workers didn't get told jack...
                          And as i have seen 3 who DID tell family go to court martial for it, i doubt many do for fear of just that.. Plus the one they told could also go to jail for knowing stuff they shouldn't.

Comment

The Eli and His Mother part was extremely well done, at least they are putting the stones to better use in this part of the series than at the start.

My only, and extremely minor complaint would be that Eli's Mum's teeth are too white.

Comment

Well, considering I've just caught up on all things SGU with an overdose of caffiene, strapped into my chair in front of the pc, I have to say that I really enjoyed the interaction between Eli and his mother.

My hat goes off to both actors in this, I though that DB especially managed to convey the helplessness of the situation that Eli was in and I think I actually saw him 'bite the bullet' before he broke the NDA...

Now I would say that normally I hate those tear-jerker moments in films and shows 'cos, y'know...being male and all that...not meant to be touched emotionally by things on the screen, but yes...I have to admit there were tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face when I saw Eli's mums face in the mirror on Destiny. And yes, I applauded too...(I'd moved on from caffiene to wine by that point).

Beautifully done, guys! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X