Eli and Mom well done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli and Mom well done

In general I thought it was a good episode, I thought the interaction between Eli and his mother was acted/directed exceptionally well. It was the best part of the episode.
    I also thought "hey, lets strap Cloe to the chair and hope it fixes her" was another stupid decision by Colonel Young. Rush is just running all over Young.

I really liked the interaction between Eli and his Mom as well. You could see the pain in her face wondering why Eli hadn't even called, feeling abandoned, I know how much it hurts to see that look in your Mom's face. Seeing him struggling to convince her of the truth so she would continue fighting for her life.

In the end when she was on Destiny and you could see how happy Eli was and how proud his Mom was of him, it was a very well done and touching moment!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      I really liked the interaction between Eli and his Mom as well. You could see the pain in her face wondering why Eli hadn't even called, feeling abandoned, I know how much it hurts to see that look in your Mom's face. Seeing him struggling to convince her of the truth so she would continue fighting for her life.

In the end when she was on Destiny and you could see how happy Eli was and how proud his Mom was of him, it was a very well done and touching moment!
      Yeah, that's what I tried to say!! LOL

Comment

This was one of the highlights of this episode for me. I was expecting more from the Choloe story line but was pleasantly surprised with the Eli/ Mom interactions. Halfway through the episode, i was convinced that she was going to die and that was going to send Eli over the Edge with everyone else. I am glad i was wrong, this story was very well acted and was very believable. The nerdy sci-fi guy trying to explain things to his mother and her not getting it. Not like that was ever happened before! lol! Wray helping Eli was a great genuine act of friendship and i think all that character development they did in 1.0 really reinforced the emotion of those scenes. Favorite part is when Eli's mom sees outer space. Absolutely great!

Comment

it was awesome and really made me glad for Eli
          sigpic

Comment

Yes it was very good. I really liked when Young first came to tell Eli he needed to use the stones and Eli was up and on his way practically before Young stopped speaking. It really conveyed how important his mom is to him.

Comment

It was good to finally have that part of Eli's character resolved. His mother going aboard the ship was quite obvious from the start from my perspective, but I was finally glad to see it happen. I was surprised, however, that Wray's girlfriend did not join her aboard the ship.

Comment

The only good part of the episode, IMO but it opens up a big hornets nest in that this is still a classified program and now everyone is going to want their loved ones brought on board.

If it happens, it won't be believable. I can't believe the HEAD of the program would let it happen. Too much of a chance for a security leak.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  The only good part of the episode, IMO but it opens up a big hornets nest in that this is still a classified program and now everyone is going to want their loved ones brought on board.

If it happens, it won't be believable. I can't believe the HEAD of the program would let it happen. Too much of a chance for a security leak.
                  Don't see the deal related to everyone else who is granted security clearance. The risk of leaks seems the same
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The scenes between Eli and his mother were well done and watchable but definitely too much of a tear jerker for my tastes. Maybe if the episode had just a touch more focus on the Chloe storyline I would have enjoyed it more. Oh, and the episode per total was definitely better than Life was. I just had to say that
                    "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Wray helping Eli was a great genuine act of friendship and i think all that character development they did in 1.0 really reinforced the emotion of those scenes.
                      Especially considering how much her significant other is breaking down (alcoholism) because she isn't able to see her face.

Not really, no more than if the person knows about the stones and the stargate program anyway, being there isn't going to give them anything extra to leak. Try telling that one to the press... I took a magical journey with a magic stone where I left my body and visited my son on a magical spaceship on the other side of the known universe. That will go over really well, and Mom would be locked up for AIDS-related dementia.

Comment

The thing I find most UNbelievable is that they obviously would've had to bring the stones to Eli's mother in the hospital to do the transfer and that just seems a bit too insecure. (unsecure?) Eli mentioned at the end that his mother would be released from the hospital several days after the fact...
                        Last edited by Selene1212; 20 October 2010, 09:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                          The thing I find most UNbelievable is that they obviously would've had to bring the stones to Eli's mother in the hospital to do the transfer and that just seems a bit too insecure. (unsecure?) Eli mentioned at the end that his mother would be released from the hospital several days after the fact...
                          Presumably it was an Airforce hospital likely the one seen in Stronghold, that and I'm sure we've seen that doctor before
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

When they broke out the stones, I thought I was going to be disappointed. I think I actually enjoyed the portion with Eli and his mom more than what was happening on Destiny though. I thought Mrs Wallace was very believable. I felt Eli's frustration and sadness. It came across very well. I found myself smiling when Mrs Wallace looked up at Eli aboard the Destiny. I think it was good to tie in Sharon meeting Mrs Wallace, forming what appears to be a support system.
                            It made Wray more likable, it showed Eli's range of acting-not just being the funny guy and it ended the need for Wray and Eli to have to use the stones for a long time..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              Presumably it was an Airforce hospital likely the one seen in Stronghold, that and I'm sure we've seen that doctor before
                              Brightman, and since the Air Force is paying all her bills, it would likely be an Air Force hospital.

This wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened, either. Cameron brought in a memory device for his dying friend to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X