Favourite Moments/Quotes/Creepy Music from 'Pathogen'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Creepy Music from 'Pathogen'

Another week, another blah blah. Same old same old - not a very quotable episode though, but still...

Favourite moments:
    - Greer unclipping his pistol, dismissing the two marines, and staring down Simeon. I missed Scary Greer. He totally has a thing for Park, I know.

- Any Eli/Camille scenes. I kinda liked the random friendship they formed in Faith, and playing it up here was great.

- Varro/Simeon scene. Varro is awesome, and Simeon is a lying prick. Good to know.

Favourite Creepy Music: At the end. It was a fantastic piece, and I was so very glad it didn't start into a contemporary song.

Also, props to Robert Carlyle's directorial debut. There were some unique little shot placements and direction in this episode I bet were all him, and I'll put them down as some of my favourites for the show thus far (Like Will Warring's sun shot on Riley's deathbed two episodes back).
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

- I'll start off with something I never thought I'd say, but the ending montage was fantastic, the music was just creepy enough but not so much as to go overboard. If a contemporary song came through my speakers it would've cheapened to the whole episode, I wonder if Rob had a hand in that as well while directing the episode.

- Towards the end when Eli's mom and Camille's other half struck up what could be a potential friendship and coping mechanism for the two of them. Both of them are my favourite new earth characters introduced. Apart from of course the slimy IOA representative and our boy Jack.

- Rush revealing his secret math tunnel to Young and the other scientists, using that as his reason for disappearing all the time and furthermore placing the blame on Chloe for the constant pit stop's without Stargate's.

And of course:

Simeon: If you want me to play the game I'll play the game-
    Varro:-DON'T. Play games.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

i know the ending music.... but i can't remember it's name....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

"it won't take long till they find out that the 'information' we've been feeding them is just a bunch of lies"
        "YOU've been feeding them."
        simeon and Varro.

Simeon IMO is a misunderstood person with a radically different culture.

Comment

Creepy music #2? ^^

- Greer laughing "hehe... that's true" * hands over gun * "dismissed" * stares down Simeon * "You were saying..?" * Simeon failed once again *

Simeon acts like the creepy annoying bad guy but so far he is failing badly xD

- Brody and park getting annoyed with Rush's absence, and brody betting as days ration. "You owe me" - "I never agreed to that!". I liked Rush managed to use his tunnel of 'I-dunno-this", the Idt-tunnel ) as cover!

- Eli's mother coming to destiny. It was a "yes, finally they used the stones the right way!" kind of moment.

O dear lord.. I actually liked a stone-episode! 0.o

Comment

Eli taking her mother to the observation deck. *sniffles* Beautifully done.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, when Eli's mom saw the view on the observation deck - my heart might have skipped a beat. Beautiful.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Eli telling his mom,

"Yeah, I know, I was speechless at first too... if you can believe that."

Comment

The "creepy" music at the end was a snippet of a piece of music written by Ludovico Einaudi. The piece is titled Ascolta and is from his album titled Divenire.

Comment

Originally posted by sawtooth View Post
                    The "creepy" music at the end was a snippet of a piece of music written by Ludovico Einaudi. The piece is titled Ascolta and is from his album titled Divenire.
                    Man i knew i recognised it...used it a few times to try and relax when i've been in pain.... Einauldi is awesome

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Another week, another blah blah. Same old same old - not a very quotable episode though, but still...

Favourite moments:
                      - Greer unclipping his pistol, dismissing the two marines, and staring down Simeon. I missed Scary Greer. He totally has a thing for Park, I know.

- Any Eli/Camille scenes. I kinda liked the random friendship they formed in Faith, and playing it up here was great.

- Varro/Simeon scene. Varro is awesome, and Simeon is a lying prick. Good to know.

Also, props to Robert Carlyle's directorial debut. There were some unique little shot placements and direction in this episode I bet were all him, and I'll put them down as some of my favourites for the show thus far (Like Will Warring's sun shot on Riley's deathbed two episodes back).
                      WOA> Carlisle directed this one?? WOW. For eli/camile i agree, great scenes together..
                      And i was oozing anticipation for the greer/simieon staredown.

- Rush revealing his secret math tunnel to Young and the other scientists, using that as his reason for disappearing all the time and furthermore placing the blame on Chloe for the constant pit stop's without Stargate's.
                      As i mentioned elsewhere. I wonder how long he has been working on that tunnel AND where he got the chalk..

- Eli's mother coming to destiny. It was a "yes, finally they used the stones the right way!" kind of moment.
                      Agreed. Wray got MUCHO props for pushing to make that happen! And just seeing her smile made it all worth while.

Comment

- Brody to Park about Rush: "he's getting old, this is what it is" - did I get it correctly?

- when Scott is looking at Chloe's rucksack not sure if he should open it to take her diary or not

- Rush to Scott about Chloe: Shift change!

- Rush's facial expression when Chloe solved the math problem - priceless
                        Last edited by mi_guard; 21 October 2010, 01:27 PM.
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          - Brody to Park about Rush: "he's getting old, this is what it is" - did I get it correctly?
                          "It's getting old, is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            As i mentioned elsewhere. I wonder how long he has been working on that tunnel AND where he got the chalk..
                            I just wonder how long it took for the stagehand to write all that down!

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                              I just wonder how long it took for the stagehand to write all that down!
                              yeah - and it must at least look like math (by the way, are there people around good in this kind of math? what Chloe wrote down, does it make any sense? or is it just a good looking formula?)
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                              X