Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zbir View Post
    I don't get the joke !
    It's a reference to "The Twilight Zone", specifically the episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".

Shatner played the main character in the original 1963 TV episode, while John Lithgow played the character in 1983's "Twilight Zone: The Movie".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_20,000_Feet
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Harry: "They're here! They're here! Albino brain chiggers! COVER YOUR EARS!"
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        It's a reference to "The Twilight Zone", specifically the episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".

Shatner played the main character in the original 1963 TV episode, while John Lithgow played the character in 1983's "Twilight Zone: The Movie".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_20,000_Feet
        )))))) It's hilarious!
        Thank you!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm watching it from the begining, and love the jokes:

Dick: We have to talk.
          All: What is it?
          Dick: There's an important detail that we forgot to attend to. We need birthdays.
          Sally: No, thank you. This guy I saw at a restaurant had a birthday. They set his food on fire and then blew on it.

Nina: Good morning.
          Dick: I seem to be having a little trouble swallowing. Do you happen to know if there's an alternate stomach access?
          Nina: Are you sick?
          Dick: Yes, and the novelty is starting to wear off.

Sally: If you insist on being stubborn, at least take some of this cough syrup.
          Dick: I don't need it.
          Sally: Dick, you have to. The lady at the drugstore said if this doesn't work, we have to put a vaporizer in your room.
          Dick: Oh, no!

Dick: What happened?
          Mary: My date for a wedding tomorrow night canceled at the last minute. His brother came out of the coma.
          Dick. A wedding?
          Mary: Yeah, a big reception.
          Dick: A ritual?
          Mary: Very traditional-- crying, dancing.
          Dick: And the female devours the male immediately after the ceremony?
          Mary:No. That's a process that takes years and years.

Priest:We are gathered together here in the sight of god and in the face of this company to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, (...)
          Dick: Which of those guys is god?

Dick: Now, how were those two able to find each other?
          Mary: It was fate. He's rich. She wanted money . I give it a year.
          (...)
          Best man: Hear, hear. To a lifetime of happiness together.
          Dick: We give it a year!
          sigpic

Comment

Dick: "Family meeting!" [Spots Vicki Dubcek] "You're not family, get out!"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, here's a puzzler - no idea why it didn't occur to me before - how come Officer Don is referred to as "Officer" if he's a sergeant?
                sigpic

Comment

I started (another) re-watch, and it's as hilarious as ever :-)
                  Big LOL at the episode when they were searching for a ethnic group to belong to ("A Dick like me"):

DICK: Tommy, I talked to your teacher, Mr.Randell. He said that you're not fitting in.
                  TOMMY: Of course I'm not fitting in. To fit in, you have to be something.
                  DICK: Well, we're something. We're human beings.Why, has anyone said differently?
                  TOMMY: No, it's just everybody at school is something extra.You know, they're African- American or Italian-American or Asian-American, audio-Visual American.
                  DICK: Well, we're human-American. That should be enough.

DICK: Nina, what is that thing on your head?
                  NINA: It's called a daku.
                  DICK: I think it's beautiful.
                  NINA: Thank you. It's authentic. It makes me feel connected to my ancestors.
                  DICK: Oh. So that's the traditional headdress of ancient secretaries?

MARY: I'm Irish, and I'm very proud of that. And you're what?
                  DICK: Me? Uh, I-I-I'm, uh one of those, uh you know, one of the really good ones.You're this big anthropologist. You tell me. What am I?
                  MARY: Certifiable.
                  DICK: Yes, that's what I am-- certifiable. Certifiable and damn proud of it, as my father was before me and his father before him and his father before him. Certifiable. Of course, we no longer practice.

HARRY: Well, you know, if you really want Mr.Randell, use the skills you're comfortable with.
                  Shoot a tranquilizer dart into his neck and drag him back to your place.

DICK: Oh! Who knew that Solomon was a Jewish name when we took it off the side of that truck? Go figure.
                  HARRY: We could have been the wal-marts.
                  DICK: We're Jewish. I don't know what to say.
                  HARRY: Mazel tov! (...)
                  DICK: Isn't it great to know who we are? I finally feel like I belong in this big melting pot they call earth. What a magical night. Everything was perfect.
                  SALLY: I was great. He really liked my kissing, except the spitting and biting.
                  DICK: So you really like him, huh?
                  SALLY: What's not to like? He's intelligent, kind, sweet, gentle.
                  DICK: So is he Jewish?
                  sigpic

Comment

Just found out that actress Elmarie Wendel (Mrs. Dubcek) passed away on the 21st of July, aged 89.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just found out that actress Elmarie Wendel (Mrs. Dubcek) passed away on the 21st of July, aged 89.
                      Very sad, but 89 is a pretty decent run. I finished watching the whole series about 2 years ago and I have to admit that is still the only show I know her from. She was great. I wish the show had more of her and Jan Hooks. They were a good duo.

Comment

From her credits on IMDB, she was pretty much a character actress, with numerous guest roles to her name.

3rd Rock seems to be her only recurring role.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mary: Look, it's starting to snow.
                          Dick: Oh, my god.
                          Mary: What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen a snowflake before?
                          Dick: Yes, and I prayed I'd never see them again.Turn on the high beams.They fear the light.

great episode, one of the best in my opinion.

Comment

Since there's talk of a "Frasier" reboot, do we think there's comedy mileage in him teaching in a run down university in Rutherford, Ohio?

Perhaps sharing an office with a certain Doctor Albright?
                            sigpic

Comment

Since there's talk of a "Frasier" reboot, do we think there's comedy mileage in him teaching in a run down university in Rutherford, Ohio?

Perhaps sharing an office with a certain Doctor Albright?
                              WOW! Would I love to see that. Too bad it will never happen.

Comment

Who has the biggest ego? Frasier Crane or Dick Solomon?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X