No announcement yet.

3rd Rock From The Sun (1996)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! I can really picture that, it would have been fun!
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if you guys were aware, but actress Jan Hooks (Vicki Dubcek) passed away last month.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Glad I found this thread. Nothing like revisiting one of those shows that you watched in the 90s, though I've to admit that the jokes got old for me after a while.

It was great though, to see Joseph Gordon Levitt come into his own years after this show and John Lithgow still going strong (just saw him in Interstellar).
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I loved this show too, the alien observations of humans and how they tried to adapt to life on Earth was hilarious. When I think back now there were so many great Sci Fi shows to watch in the 1990's.

Seeing this thread makes me want to dig out the DVD's and watch it again.

John Lithgow was great in it, it was weird to watch him as a villain in Dexter as I always thought of him as Dick Solomon!

Comment

This just made me look up the memorable quotes of 3rd rock...
            I thought S1 was the best, when the jokes were still fresh.

----

Dr. Dick Solomon: I'm your new High Commander. From this point forward you will refer to me as such.
            Harry Solomon: Okay, Such.

----

Dr. Dick Solomon: [seeing a couple kissing] Look, life forms. And they're cleaning each other.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Dr. Dick Solomon: "I'm sorry, there is simply no room in the budget for raises. But I can go you one better: promotions! Sally, you are now Senior Security Officer."
              Sally Solomon: "That'll look good on the old résumé."
              Dick Solomon: "Tommy, you are now Senior Information Officer."
              Tommy Solomon: "It's about time..."
              Harry Solomon: "What about me?"
              Dick Solomon: "Harry, you are now... Harold."
              Harry Solomon: "Champagne for everyone!"
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Tommy: [about a movie Harry has seen] How was it? I heard there was an awesome shower scene.
                Harry: Oh, yeah...but then this naked girl got in and you could barely see the shower.

Strudwick: My daughter just ran off with your ragamuffin son!
                Dick: "Ragamuffin"?! Sally, throw him out; Harry, bring me a dictionary

Harry: Sally, I'm starving. What's for dinner?
                Sally: Oh, I made you some hamburgers--they're down at the hamburger place. All you have to do is go there, order them, and pay for them.
                sigpic

Comment

[the Solomons are angry at Dick because he crashed the car]
                  Dick: Hey, be thankful I wasn't killed!
                  Sally: Yeah, because then we'd have to hitch a ride to your funeral, BECAUSE YOU WRECKED OUR FREAKIN' CAR!

Officer Don You have to have insurance!
                  Dick: Why? It's just a bet against myself! The only way I can win my money back is by getting horribly injured.

Vincent Strudwick: So... what'd you think of the book?
                  Dick: As bathroom fare? A triumph!

Dick: Harry, are you naked or am I seeing things?
                  Harry: Actually it's a little of both
                  sigpic

Comment

Dick: My pants fit! I won the war!
                    Harry: That's great, Dick! So you lost weight?
                    Dick: Even better - I bought bigger pants!

[Dick and Sally are doped out on antidepressants]
                    Sally: I like TV.
                    Dick: Me too. Let's say we turn it on. [he turns it on]
                    Sally: It's even better on.

Dick: Harry, did I get any phone calls?
                    Harry: Oh, yes, it rang repeatedly.
                    Dick: And... who called?
                    Harry: Well, I don't know, Dick, I'm not clairvoyant.

Tommy: You're gonna be like some sort of alien Martin Luther King?
                    Harry: Exactly. Because I, too, have a dream. And in that dream I'm naked on a ferris wheel

Dick: Tomorrow there will be a pop quiz on the effects of thermodynamics. Remember it's a pop quiz; if you study, I'll know!

Mary: They opened a Hard Rock Café in Vietnam. The world's changed, huh?
                    Dick: It certainly has. Did you know it used to be entirely covered with ice?
                    sigpic

Comment

Dick Solomon: Nina, take my car to the garage and rotate my tires.
                      Nina Campbell: That's not in my job description.
                      Dick Solomon: What is in your job description?
                      Nina Campbell: Typing.
                      Dick Solomon: Ok, well, type it into your job description and get my tires rotated.

[Harry is looking for a job offer in the newspaper]

Harry Solomon: Here's a job that I can do. "Police are seeking third gunman." Tomorrow, I'm gonna march over to the police station and show them that I'm the man they're looking for

Harry Solomon: So, when can I touch your breasts?
                      Sally Solomon: Right before you die!

Sally Solomon: What happened, Harry?
                      Harry Solomon: It came out!
                      Dick Solomon: Is it an alien?
                      Harry Solomon: Well, it's purple, and it's slimy, and it's got a hose.
                      Sally Solomon: A hose?
                      Tommy Solomon: Oh, great. It's a mutant.
                      Dick Solomon: Alright, we'll kidnap him, and hide him, when it's a teenager we'll set him free, and then if it's really messed up, we can blame him on television.
                      [Marry Albright arrives]
                      Mary Albright: They just brought him to the nursery. He is positively glowing.
                      Harry Solomon: Now it's glowing.
                      Mary Albright: Let's go see him. He's got Vicky's eyes.
                      Harry Solomon: What's he doing with Vicky's eyes?
                      Sally Solomon: I just hope it's not eating them.

[around Super Bowl season]
                      Harry Solomon: Tell me what you've done to Sally. Where are you taking her?
                      Mascha: I can't. I wish I could.
                      Harry Solomon: Can't you give me a hint?
                      Mascha: All right... We're going to do something on the weekend... in San Diego.
                      Harry Solomon: Why can't you give me hint?
                      Mascha: We're going to do something on Sunday... in San Diego.
                      Harry Solomon: Just one clue?
                      Mascha: We're going to something on SUNDAY... in SAN DIEGO... at a STADIUM.
                      Harry Solomon: Just one tiny clue?
                      Mascha: The Super Bowl, Harry!
                      Harry Solomon: WORK WITH ME, BABY! WHICH SUPER BOWL?
                      sigpic

Comment

And the absolute best lines of the series -

Big Giant Head (William Shatner): "It was a horrible flight! There was a man on the wing of the plane!"
                        Dick Solomon (John Lithgow): "The same thing happened to me!"
                        sigpic

Comment

I hadn't realised just how many classic lines there were!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I hadn't realised just how many classic lines there were!
                            I know.

*Sticks DVDs on the re-watch pile for when I'm done with my re-watch of Battlestar Galactica*
                            sigpic

Comment

..and my favorite banter:

Dick: Good morning, all!
                              All: Uh-huh./ Mm.
                              Dick: What's with the classified, Sally?
                              Sally: I'm getting my own apartment.
                              Dick: Excuse me?
                              Sally: I've decided I need my own space.
                              Dick: Oh, no. No, no, no.
                              Sally: Dick, it's time.
                              Dick: It's not time. And what's more, it will never be time. Now, I'm gonna leave and come back into the room, and we'll just start this whole day over again. Good morning, all!
                              All: Hey. /Mo rning.
                              Dick: What's with the classified, Sally?
                              Sally: I'm getting my own apartment?
                              Dick: You're what?!
                              Sally: Dick, I need my own space!
                              Dick: Out of the question! We are a unit! We are on a mission! (...) Harry, talk some sense into her.
                              Harry: I got a lot on my mind, Dick. I'm thinking about having a baby with Vicki.
                              Dick: You're what?! (...) Are you insane? (...) What is happening to this unit? (...) What about you, Tommy? Are you running away to join the circus?
                              Tommy: No. I'm just going baby-sitting with Alissa, my girlfriend.
                              (...)
                              Dick: Now stop this right now! I am issuing a command decision. No one on this mission will be doing any impregnating, relocating, or baby-sitting without my express written consent! Now, let's just try to start this day right, shall we? Good morning, all!
                              All: Good morning, jerk./ Jackass! / Creep!
                              Dick: That's better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                And the absolute best lines of the series -

Big Giant Head (William Shatner): "It was a horrible flight! There was a man on the wing of the plane!"
                                Dick Solomon (John Lithgow): "The same thing happened to me!"
                                I don't get the joke !
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X