Power on the seed ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power on the seed ship

I was wondering what are the possibilities that the power of the seed ship was not from originally from the seed ship.

Rush said the aliens were probably some research team dropped off to do a long-term study of the ship. I was thinking maybe the aliens found the seed ship drifting with no power so they also hook up one of their own power generators to the ship itself, maybe that's how they were able to reverse the power flow so easily. I find it's kinda weird that one seed ship would have sizable power reserves that would allow Destiny to dial back to Earth, it could just means that the Aliens have a very powerful power generator.

This would probably have big implications for Telford I guess since the aliens there would view him as trying to steal their power while they were napping.
    Last edited by norph; 18 October 2010, 11:13 PM.

Unlike Destiny which can remain completely silent (when it doesn't have anybody onboard) for as long as it wants, the seeder ships have to build and deploy stargates. So its possible the reserves could be the ships own.

Comment

yea right like the entire section of that universe has the power reserves of an icarus planet

far more likely:

Seed Ships have big reserves. this one didn't run out of power but rather it was disabled

Comment

Or hit that same pulsar we did and got disabled..

Comment

The seed ship manufactures. Destiny just travels so far. With a couple guns that normally stay dormant. Plus that whole power sources for the gates thing.

Comment

remeber they said that the bigest reson destiny's power suply is so bad is from damg from battls...maby the blue guys have ben pownding away at destiny for way longer than any of the seed ships...and rush did state that with the power of both ships they could dile home ...not just the power from the seed ship

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
              I was wondering what are the possibilities that the power of the seed ship was not from originally from the seed ship.

Rush said the aliens were probably some research team dropped off to do a long-term study of the ship. I was thinking maybe the aliens found the seed ship drifting with no power so they also hook up one of their own power generators to the ship itself, maybe that's how they were able to reverse the power flow so easily. I find it's kinda weird that one seed ship would have sizable power reserves that would allow Destiny to dial back to Earth, it could just means that the Aliens have a very powerful power generator.

This would probably have big implications for Telford I guess since the aliens there would view him as trying to steal their power while they were napping.
              Id hypothesise that the seed ship requires such vast amounts of power because it has to synthesise naquadriah for the construction of the stargates, possibly from the plasma the ramjet scoops suck in on refuelling inside the stars.

Also, Rush says lots of things, most of which are in some way misleading. I certainly wouldnt take it as gospel just because Dr Rush said so.
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

It does bring a possible way home for the people on Destiny if all seed ships have huge amounts of power. Assuming they manage to get control of the ship and there is a seed ship close enough for them to get to within their lifetime, they might be able to tell a seed ship to stop and steer Destiny towards it. Or even better, ask the seed ship to turn back and meet with Destiny.

Comment

That would make for a penultimate to last episode for a series ender..

Comment

Maybe these first gates are not made of naquadah or not completely. May explain why there's a distance limit in terms of number of gates to dial. I'm assuming that the seed ships's masses are mainly composed of energy storage, and they collect naquadah or materials used to make the gates along the way. The ships are smaller, so it's not like they have a lot of redundant stations, quarters, etc that uses up energy. It seems quite spartan and functional.

Comment

That is a good thought. We know part of the reason gates have their distance capacity is cause they can store lots of energy.

Comment

I would be also interested how many gate planting seeder ship was sent ahead. Because if we have caught the current one what Destiny was following all this time, then there shouldn't be more stargates in front of the Destiny's path. So there must have been at least 2 seeder ship or the first one has turned around to meet with Destiny. Somehow it still feels like a continuity error.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 10 March 2020, 02:21 PM.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They did mention a plurality of seed ships a number of times, including in episodes where they encountered the derelict seed ship. How many there are is a complete mystery. I assume they sent out a lot for redundancy purposes, to ensure that they could scout/fill a galaxy with Stargates at a fast enough rate that there's no danger of Destiny catching up to them, and possibly also so they could cover a number of galaxies at once. The seed ships tell Destiny what planets in a galaxy to scout; they may also tell it what galaxy to go to next.

RUSH: The Ancients sent out a number of unmanned ships ahead of this one. They're programmed to gather data, resources, then manufacture Stargates and deposit them on habitable worlds. Any relevant information is relayed back here to help plot the course.
                          -Air, Part II

RUSH: This energy signature: it's come from an area outside of the course mapped out for us by the seed ships. Now, getting there would take a bit of a detour.
                          -Resurgence

RUSH: Destiny's exchanging data with the seed ship.

BRODY: One of many traveling well ahead of Destiny, seeding planets with Stargates, gathering information. This one obviously experienced some sort of system failure, allowing us to catch up with it.
                          -Awakening

Comment

Thanks for the briefing. You have got a really good lore knowledge.

I was wondering if they have sent more seeder ships in different directions as well, but I am guessing they were interested in the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR), so the Destiny was sent just in one particular direction of space.

I really would like to see the stargate systems to expand around the Milky Way in other galaxies...
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                            X