Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runes on Alien Pods

Odin’s ravens Huginn and Muninn
    Everyday they were released to fly across the world of men, watching and gathering news. Every evening they returned to Asgard bringing Odin tales from the day’s journey.

Odin's Eye
    Known to us as the North Star - beautifully interpreted here as a pendant - it was essential in navigation and was named Odin's Eye by the Vikings. For Direction and Constancy.
    Perhaps I am looking in to this more so than I should, or maybe I just want to see what is not there. I do however wish to present this most likely shunned, but interesting theory concerning the browns/boogers/shorty's/etc.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a big hand for the returning favorites, the Asgards.

Now I know this is something that may upset a few, but can you not see even the possibility that the above Norse symbols have just a bit of a resemblance to the runes on the pods themselves?

Pure concidence
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Pure concidence
      The pod just doesn't look Ancient to me but then Destiny doesn't look anything like the Atlantis architecture we saw during SGA either. Atlantis is considerably more modern than the era that Destiny was built. I agree with Jel that it is a coincidence and nothing to read into.

Comment

Pure coincidence. It's just artistic.

Whoever the concept artist was that designed the pods, probably was told to use/had the rune/intricate pattern idea in their head. So they go on google or whatever and gather a load of reference images in the form of runes/patterns and adapt it for their design. It's not surprising it would look similar.

Comment

maybe.. but it is a nice one.

Comment

How about some interpretations - what is it mean't to be/depict? If you look at it upside down it sort of looks like a goblin in a helmet LOL
            sigpic
            Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

I think it's a coincidence
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I don't see any resemblance to any specific runes.

Comment

It was just the pattern already on the manhole cover they used for the prop.

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Darschu View Post
                    http://i52.tinypic.com/vhaoi9.jpg

http://www.enchantedglyph.com/art/hugin.jpg
                    Odin’s ravens Huginn and Muninn

http://www.celticattic.com/scandinavian/images/VP2.jpg
                    Odin's Eye

Perhaps I am looking in to this more so than I should, or maybe I just want to see what is not there. I do however wish to present this most likely shunned, but interesting theory concerning the browns/boogers/shorty's/etc.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a big hand for the returning favorites, the Asgards.

Now I know this is something that may upset a few, but can you not see even the possibility that the above Norse symbols have just a bit of a resemblance to the runes on the pods themselves?
                    IMHO, it's simply the reusing of props and themes that we have seen to be a big favorite with this group of PTB (the infamous Wig and the suits from the lost tribe).... but then tis is merely IMHO of course. I wouldn't mind a return of the Asgard...never liked how they were killed off...maybe we find a branch of their gene pool that developed into the booger aliens.
                    Last edited by Snookie16; 19 October 2010, 06:54 AM. Reason: to remove img tags. :)
                    All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      It was just the pattern already on the manhole cover they used for the prop.

j/k
                      Was that the ep shepard and co went looking for michael's monsters?

Comment

It is possible that the aliens from the pods were a race that the Ancients may have had an alliance with like the Asgard, Furlings and Nox. I am however curiuos in terms of timeline as to when the Ancients were able to meet up with each of the different races.

Another question would be when the Asgard decided it was a good idea to experiment with Human DNA as a means of extending life as this would suggest that the Asgard that live in the Milky-Way are mostly Hybrid clones of a proto-Asgard another Humanoid. If one were to look up some of the characteristics of certain hybrid combinations like the Mule on wikipedia, then one may find that most hybrids are born infertile, which would give civilizations that are wholy hybrid more of a desire to pursue cloning technology to maintain some sort of racial identity.

This would be an interesting tie in to what may be happening at the molecular level with Chloe as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X