Destinys true mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
    you got it reversed DS9 is based on Babylon 5 only DS9 had a bigger budget but babylon 5 has good stories
    I don't think thats a fair comment, its like saying Universe is based on Voyager because they share a single story element. They were both based on stations but they had very different stories. Babylon 5's overall arc was a lot more epic where as DS9 was a new twist on the standard Trek formula, at least until the Dominion war started at which point it took a bold step away from standard Trek.

To get back on topic, I was surprised that Destiny's mission wasn't more serious, by that I mean that I was expecting something epicly dangerous and deadly, rather than just epic. I'm not disappointed as it is still an impressive mission and one that I think will have plenty of elements of danger along the way.

Comment

Yeah, SG U has similar story elements to BSG and Voyager.

But that doesn't make it plagarism.

If a story having similar storytelling elements to it made it plagarism that would eliminate nearl all of the stories that are out there and we'd be left with the original mythologies only and nothing new could be produced.

Comment

check out Science Channel's "Trough the Wormhole w/ Morgan Freeman" ep 'what happened before the beginning?'

once scientist said "the universe is oddly regular, as opposed to what we know of explosions"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Hows about going inside woman's thoughts to truly understand them... NOW That is a mission!
          Noncomprehending...... Irrational...... CRAZY...... PSYCHO...... NUTS...... and for some reason always think there right, what a shame!! This goes for Women in Relationships, The Single Ladies are: Brilliant...... Smart...... Execellent...... Calm...... Cool...... Collective...... Supporting...... SEXY...... LOVELY...... Why Do you have to change

p.s. - Not meant to offend anyone, but everyone is entitled to there own opinions!!
          sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Well, here's a turn up for the books, eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11837869
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bridgelife View Post
              noncomprehending...... Irrational...... Crazy...... Psycho...... Nuts...... And for some reason always think there right, what a shame!! This goes for women in relationships, the single ladies are: Brilliant...... Smart...... Execellent...... Calm...... Cool...... Collective...... Supporting...... Sexy...... Lovely...... Why do you have to change

p.s. - not meant to offend anyone, but everyone is entitled to there own opinions!!
              WACkO!!!!!!111!!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Working...
              X