No announcement yet.

Why are those ships looking so dark and odd-looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different era of Ancients x different design preferences + age = Destiny's architectural and aesthetic style.

Comment

Atlantis is only slightly brighter than Destiny, honestly. Take a closer look at the lighting. The Atlantis gateroom is very bright because it has windows exposed to the planet's star(s).

Comment

The cameras they used to film Atlantis were worse too, they used cheaper ones as the show went on and they didn't handle contrast well.
        Last edited by KEK; 23 December 2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

it saddens me that the OP thinks that everything will look shiny after a few million years. if atlantis was earth-built, it wouldn't even be there. it would be a pile of rust on the bottom of the ocean. Destiny would've long been destroyed

Comment

Because it looks cooler and more dangerous than the safe, beautiful Atlantis. I prefer Destiny.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Digging up that one !

At first I was wondering the same question as the original poster, but in the end I prefer the idea of not having one single standard Ancient kind of design...
              Think the Dakara's weapon, the Merlin's machine, Orion class ships and Atlantis itself, and of course Destiny, all Ancient tech but different looks !

This way it's a more believable civilisation because it's diverse, especially when it has survived for hundreds of thousands years

Comment

Working...
              X