Did they think the crew were Ancients ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they think the crew were Ancients ?

Anyone else think the "new aliens" probably think the crew of the Destiny are Ancients?

If the new aliens have been exploring around the ancient ship as they no doubt have, if they can control the power flow, they have to have come across a hologram or something of ancients - that we know looked like us - by now. They would have to be pretty dumb to not see the resemblance.

I know someone will say maybe the Ancients didn't put any media of themselves on the ships or something but I don't buy that. If you send a bunch of huge mile or more long ships flying out into the universe you're gonna put something on it.

I think it went more like this:
    Ancient #1: Ok Destiny and the seeder ships are built. What info should I put in them?
    Ancient #2 How about a bunch of useless info like what we look like and what kills us?

Comment

Why would the Ancients stick their photo albums on every ship they ever build?
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe not at first, but seeing a brand new species coming onboard and knowing right away how to operate the systems, its kind of a big clue that the ship was probably designed by those people in the first place, and the fact that the consoles are at the right height too, etc. Also dont forget the bigass ship docked outside.

They have all the reasons to believe they are the ones who built that ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Why would the Ancients stick their photo albums on every ship they ever build?
          For exactly the same reason Humans did it, when we built sent the Pioneer and Voyager probes out. To let aliens know a little about the race that made the ship, even if it is as little as being bipedal mammalian derivates.

Pioneer's plaque had etched humans, as well as a roadmap to Sol. The Golden Records on the Voyager probes had infomation on Earth's culture, history, location, in the event that anyone out there picks it up. Is it really so far fetched to believe that the Ancients were just as optimistic as their progeny?

Comment

Yup. Though i wonder where such 'imager' is on the destiny. that would be great to see whom it has in it..

Comment

Yep I am well aware of that. However if we are still doing that a couple million years in the future, after building a squillion more ships and habituating a million more planets, then I would be quite shocked.
              sigpic

Comment

I think that those small aliens where seeing us as the big guys that where coming to take a look at the ships ( and maybe a small invasion ) the reacted like we are the invaders and i don't blame them .
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I don't know. But the folks on Atlantis have been mistaken for Ancients, and that was by people we could communicate with. So it's not that much of stretch.
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Yep I am well aware of that. However if we are still doing that a couple million years in the future, after building a squillion more ships and habituating a million more planets, then I would be quite shocked.
                    Conversely, no matter how far into the future we're talking about, I would be quite shocked if we didn't continue putting "If found, please return to" stickers on unmanned deep space probes, especially ones capable of travelling such vast distances as Destiny has covered.

Like in ATL: Rising, I would expect that one of the very first thing that greets anybody arriving on board an unmanned human deep space exploration vehicle to be a recording or holo (or whatever technology permits) to pop up and say "hello".

Paraphrasing Jimmy Carter, we would want a little of us, now, to survive to you, then.

Comment

I don't think the aliens thought the human team were the same race that built the seed ship or destiny. Given their knowledge and control of the systems, these aliens looked like they've been studying the ship for a long time maybe longer than the blue aliens in the other galaxy were studying destiny. In all that time they've probably never encountered another human. Maybe the seed ship has also been boarded by other aliens. So they probably just figured these humans were just another group of aliens trying to take something away from them that they found first.

Plus it looked like they were observing the humans right from the start, to determine if they were the owners. After a while the aliens probably though "Hey these guys have no clue what they are doing, we can relax. Attack them!"

Also i doubt the seed ship has images of ancients in its library. When you design a control system you don't add that kind of information. Take for example the space shuttle, or even something simpler like a car. The designers or even the ones who operate it never put pictures of themselves with the control system.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                        Also i doubt the seed ship has images of ancients in its library. When you design a control system you don't add that kind of information. Take for example the space shuttle, or even something simpler like a car. The designers or even the ones who operate it never put pictures of themselves with the control system.
                        Yeah but the space shuttle, or a car, doesn't have a library to begin with. The seed ships are not primarily, but eventually would have ended up, being sort of ambassadors to any advanced races they ran into that were able to stop them or found one drifting. It would make sense to give some sort of idea about who made them. And tactical anonymity that I think a few people hinted about wouldn't be possible either, because if there's anyone that finds them that might actually come back across galaxies and hurt you upon finding them they will be able to figure out where they came from (there's a trail of stargates behind them across the galaxies, leading to the Milky Way) whether you put your name on them or not. If they can go the distance you're screwed anyway, if they can't then it doesn't matter what you tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                          I don't know. But the folks on Atlantis have been mistaken for Ancients, and that was by people we could communicate with. So it's not that much of stretch.
                          i imagine that they might have thought they were ancients. they do look similar and were acting like them (taking power from the ship). as for the picture thing Atlantis had archieves of its crew, so it would make sense that the ships would do the same.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                            i imagine that they might have thought they were ancients. they do look similar and were acting like them (taking power from the ship). as for the picture thing Atlantis had archieves of its crew, so it would make sense that the ships would do the same.
                            The ship never had a crew, so why would it have an archive? At best, it might have a footnote about its designers.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              as for the picture thing Atlantis had archieves of its crew, so it would make sense that the ships would do the same.
                              The difference between Atlantis and Destiny being that Atlantis had a large population of Ancients living in it for 5-10 million years whereas Destiny was unmanned; The most Destiny might have is an instruction manual and a copy of its warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X