• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apotheosis (118)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    APOTHEOSIS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118

The Graystones flee from the authorities after they are accused of terrorism, and attempt to stop Clarice’s plan to bomb the Atlas Arena. In the wake of a personal loss, the Adamas face the possibility of all-out war among the Taurons on Caprica.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 24 August 2011, 01:55 PM.

Since none of the mods are Canadian and can't watch Caprica, when you want this thread opened (and we can open it as early as halfway through the airing) please report either this post or the main post so all the mods get an e-mail....or you can pm any of use that you see online and we can open it for you

thanks
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

watching this now from the summary it seems like the series ends how i wish it was from the start. so far i'm loving it
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Apotheosis was AMAZING! If only the rest of the series had been as good. Granted it did seem rushed but I am glad we did get some sort of resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
          Apotheosis was AMAZING! If only the rest of the series had been as good. Granted it did seem rushed but I am glad we did get some sort of resolution.
          if there was a season 2 i'm sure it would have cont. from this point.

Comment

I just found out today that the series continued airing in Canada, so I quickly downloaded all the remaining episodes and watched through them. The last few episodes were absolutely incredible! With every episode I was increasingly astonished at how the execs at SyFy could have been such fools to cancel the show when it was only one episode away from the climax of the entire season! If they had let it continue even one more episode it would surely have gotten a ratings boost. Too bad they saved the best for last, which I guess just doesn't work for such a ratings obsessed network as SyFy.

Anyway I was at least glad they didn't end it on a cliffhanger and wrapped up all the main plot lines from season 1. I especially loved the final montage showing how the series would have continued. That did confuse me though, since at first I thought once the show was canceled they went back and cut together a quick montage to wrap up the entire show in five minutes. But then I checked YouTube for some of the previews for season 1.5 that were posted back in the summer, and they prominently feature scenes from that montage complete with Clarice's voiceover. That means the montage must have been planned before season 1.5 even started airing! So either they already knew the show would be canceled at that point and just pretended there was a chance of it getting a season 2 all the way up till October, or they originally planned to end season 1 this way and would have had some substantial time jump and introduced a whole new plot line for season 2. It will be interesting if they ever tell us what the plan was with that.

Spoiler:
            Oh and I read a blog a couple months ago that totally called Willie not being the real Bill Adama and expecting him to die so Evelyn and Joseph would have another son named William. Amazing that ended up being right.

Comment

personally, i thought the last 5 minutes of the show was also the most amazing. But the episode as a whole was also great.

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                personally, i thought the last 5 minutes of the show was also the most amazing. But the episode as a whole was also great.
                Indeed... Cylons coming out of the plane to save the day

How ironic.
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

the whole damn ending was awesome really wrapped it up nicely just wish i understood what zoe was at the end.

and do all the cylons have a copy of zoe's program in them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    the whole damn ending was awesome really wrapped it up nicely just wish i understood what zoe was at the end.

and do all the cylons have a copy of zoe's program in them ?
                    I would assume so... or a part of Zoe.
                    sigpic
                    Don't touch Lola

Comment

Very satisfying ending, really like the montage at the end.

But after watching the last episode, I got to ask. Wasn't the whole storyline with Tamara just completely pointless?
                      sigpic
                      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                        But after watching the last episode, I got to ask. Wasn't the whole storyline with Tamara just completely pointless?
                        Just because they couldn't finish the story because the show was cancelled doesn't mean it was pointless...

Comment

It is now.

Comment

Well, the virtual Tamara provided the means by which Daniel and Joseph first got to know each other and how Joseph found about about Graystone's company. Thank link became much more important later on. Then she provided a lot of character development for Joseph, and at least briefly got to serve as virtual Zoe's sidekick. It was also her that allowed them to develop the whole V-World storyline, which for me the use of virtual worlds in Caprica was the most fascinating part ("There is Another Sky" is still my all-time favorite episode). And the actress that played Tamara was fracking hot. ;-) So I think she served a purpose, though I wish they had done more with the character.

Comment

Wow, you know I totally forgot about Tamara. So when Zoe decided to go back with her parents, did she just blow Tamara off, leaving her behind?

I've really enjoyed these last few episodes of Caprica. Love how the Greystones fought to save the arena this episode--they were very different people than in the first half of the series, and it's been really nice to see different sides of them. It was also really nice to see Zoe temper herself and focus her energies in a direction other than her parents, though the "I am God" part was weird. I would have really liked the scene that was hinted at when Zoe was finally given a "skinjob" body again, that would be a very touching scene.

There are, however, certain cheesy things about the technology in the show that I can't help but be annoyed by because it really breaks the realism. The fact that the cylons were physically signaling each other like military soldiers, and holding their hand to their head when they were "listening" to a signal was unnecessary and ridiculous. Also, in the end clips, I couldn't believe that cylons integrated into daily Caprican life still had that ugly, rough industrial metal look. That might be okay for R & D, but as a consumer product they looked ridiculous, especially with a statue made in their likeness. The bright blinky holobands are a tad annoying for me as well, but I can see those actually being made like that, and no have no grievance against them.

Comment

Working...
                              X