• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirteaters (115)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    DIRTEATERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 115

Sam and Joseph Adama’s childhood is revealed as the Guatrau welcomes them into his inner circle. Inside New Cap City, Zoe and Tamara find fame as a pair of “Avenging Angels.” And Daniel Graystone discovers the Guatrau’s plans for his future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 22 August 2011, 01:29 PM.

Some up and down in this one...

I really liked the young Joseph/Sam story. I don't know what it was about it, but I just really enjoyed it--even with having to endure Cadet Hailley and her blatantly Gestapo goons.

I enjoyed the Daniel stuff in this episode too, even though it was a bit sparse compared to the last few episodes. Him bargaining for his life with Sam was an interesting conversation. And finally him and Amanda come together on something. About time FFS.

The V world stuff this week....ehh. V Tamara's outfit was just goofy, no two ways about it. I'm not sure the two actresses have any chemistry together just yet. And since when do they have the ability to rewrite the code of the V world?!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      And since when do they have the ability to rewrite the code of the V world?!
      They have always had the ability to manipulate V-World code. V-Tamara manipulated the code during the bank heist in There Is Another Sky, in order to get rid of the guards. To take a more recent example, V-Zoe manipulated that gang leader's avatar in Unvanquished so he couldn't move, right before she killed him.
      sigpic

Comment

I love the V world part. It prefigures the Cylon projection and gives us clues about the future Cylon religion.

Quite awful how the Adamas parents died... The uniforms of the soldiers reminded me a lot of Nazis'.

Too bad they are only two episodes left. I hope Amanda gets to see Zoe again (thanks to Daniel), as hinted by the opening titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          Too bad they are only two episodes left.
          There's actually three episodes left. The next episode is called "The Heavens Will Rise", followed by "Here Be Dragons", and then the series finale "Apotheosis".
          sigpic

Comment

just a little note...since none of the mods live in canada, just PM us when the episode is airing or mostly over and we'll open the thread for you.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it's time to rectify that
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I loved it when Zoe and Tamara changed New Cap. It really did give this feeling that of awe. Just wish it was in HD! I think I will end up buying the DVDs because it's just another chapter in the BSG world. Wondering if this should've been a mini series instead.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I don't think a miniseries would've been a big enough story canvas, personally. And I'm sad it's only getting one season =\

Can't wait to see it on Blu though. Definitely a show that demands high-def.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    There's actually three episodes left. The next episode is called "The Heavens Will Rise", followed by "Here Be Dragons", and then the series finale "Apotheosis".
                    You're right! I made a typo...

Comment

The characters are really starting to take shape in this series and its almost over forever. So sad.
                      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Great episode, again. Somewhere I hoped it started to suck so I could think 'good think this show was cancelled before it further raped the BSG world', but nay

Any word somewhere of TPTB on how the season/series will end?
                        Mia: Don't you hate that?
                        Vincent: Hate what?
                        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

oooo i luved this ep. and the story of the adamas. the brothers are going to go against the mob with help from the cylons. one can just see the raising up of the adama name after they take out the heads of the mob.an extra of adama's lighter even finds its way into the ep.

that boxing match brings back memories from its bsg counterpart. and look daniel learned his lesson from adama. daniel was pretty much screwed, when he did his research. he saved himself nicely by confronting sam.....for now at least. there being no mentioned of greystone in bsg=a hint maybe of whats to come?

back when the adamas were young, joseph didnt kill that female officer only wounded her. looking at the caprica news report in the present, she is defense minister patel. that could be the same family name from the first season of bsg. the woman who was the head of the independent task force to go find out the cylon collaborators, which lead her to the chief? that woman and patel looked alike. things are setting up for her to be a bone to pick with after the mobheads are taken out. that would be something saved for season 2, joseph finding out it was the young patel. adama will regret not having killed her. so more revenge is on its way. jordan will find his way to giving patel the evidence against the s.t.o and his former co.

looking at the the preview for next weeks ep. its more cylons yayyyy, the heavens will rise can only be about zoey and tamara's projected virtual world. that was cool btw them changing everything. things are shaping up nicely for the greystone family to be reunited. this ep was all around great and pretty emotional
                          Last edited by daniel9; 17 November 2010, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X