• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowback (114)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    BLOWBACK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

Lacy arrives on Gemenon to join a group of young STO recruits only to be attacked en route. On Caprica, Daniel demands a meeting with the Guatrau after discovering that the Ha'la'tha is selling Cylons to terrorists, and Agent Durham reaches a roadblock with his covert informant.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 August 2011, 01:34 PM.

Since this episode has now aired in Canada, some of us need a place to talk about it... And since it won't air on Syfy till next year, I guess the official discussion thread won't be opened till then =\ I guess once that happens, this thread can be merged into the official one!

Anyway!

Tom McBeath as the evidence locker guy! Awesome!

Fun stuff in this episode. Tanith as the STO mole, Chris Heyerdahl leading the abduction squad/ship....I lol'd a bit at the spaceport though. the exterior shot is the Rogers Arena (where the Vancouver Canucks play) and the interior was a slightly CGI'd up shot of the interior of one of the big library buildings downtown

Interesting stuff happening story-wise too. The Guatrau organizing a hit on Daniel to cover their tracks? Oh my! Clarice and co. investigating Zoe's infinity broach to find the backup program, man oh man. The STO mind games! And holy smokes, finally the identity of 'the voice' revealed--and Durham and Singh using each other like nobody's business

When the cancellation news broke I wasn't surprised, and I don't know that I was overwhelmingly upset, just disappointed. Now watching the first episode since the cancellation, I'm really sad that it's going to end. Hopefully those apple campaigners make a difference
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 07 November 2010, 10:32 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Little mod word

let me remind you of the zero tolerance for illegal download info

ask for or post any here and you take a vacation from the forum. no questions, no appeal.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This episode was excellent, makes me even more sad that the series is cancelled. Durhams' plan was neat, especially since I was thinking 'why doesn't he just name a random person as mole and see what happens', and that's exactly what he did Wonder what's going to happen now he knows Tanith is STO, though. The Lacy subplot was also good, and I didn't see the twist at the end coming, even though it was pretty obvious in hindsight.

I only really, really hope the season/series gets a satisfying ending and not leave the rest up for imagination...
        Mia: Don't you hate that?
        Vincent: Hate what?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I was scared for Amanda for a second but still kinda knew Clarice got tricked and would end up killing her own wife... This just shows how determined she is.

Nice and creepy at the same time to see a Cylon doing what it does best: killing humans!

Only four episodes left and I wonder how this will all end...

Comment

Was 'Tanith' the voice from the confession booth? I thought the guy in the booth said he got the info from a contact, was the contact that was referred to Tanith, or Durham?

EDIT:

Oh, and did it say whether that baby was a boy or a girl? Anyone thinking it could be Laura Roslin?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              Oh, and did it say whether that baby was a boy or a girl? Anyone thinking it could be Laura Roslin?
              Why would he/she be Laura Roslin?

Comment

Do we know if Laura Roslin was married?? That might explain the different name change. As her birth name could have been Laura Willow.

But FRAK, that scene when Clarisse killed Mara-Beth. Did not see that coming. But true that Durham protected his CI. Especially when he suspected Tanith (is that his name) of beginning STO.

As for the training mission. I started to wonder if it was because of a few things:

- Ryan Robbins has 2 more episodes (so he can't die now)

- what he said "If You Survive Your Training!"

And when he suddenly grabbed Lacy (relief). Had to laugh when she started to pound on Chris lol. She is like my size, kicking the butt of someone twice our size lol.

Have to say this episode was a total MIND FRAK and can't wait till tonights new episode. A Adama based episode, COOL!!
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Does anyone know a LEGAL way for me to see this episode. I live in Canada and Space in like a last minute schedule change did something to mess up my PVR so it didn't record. Also the space site doesn't offer streaming episodes of Caprica. I'm not interested in torrents but I want to see it or at least get a full description of whats going on
                  This isn't Atlantis?
                  I don't think so.
                  If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Working...
                  X