• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero II (305)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    HERO 2: BROKEN ARROW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305

When a Sanctuary transport is ambushed Walter's super suit ends up attached to Kate, who gains superpowers – and a total lack of inhibition – as she is pursued by a wealthy tech developer.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 28 February 2021, 08:14 PM.

in short, better than the first one. less cringeworthy, more redemption and making peace with yourself and accepting yourself

next week

Spoiler:
    henry angst as they go after a werewolf
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Alright, first post.

I thought it was great start to finish. I liked how it started with Henry and Kate trying to catch up on history with Helen, and that they were talking abut 1944, kinda foreshadowing a future episode. It was cool seeing a red hazmat suit on the show, it reminded me of Sam when she wore one on the show, I like how fast the ambush came up, and how Kate ended up with the suit, I think it knew she was trying to save it, and that's why it picked her as a host.

Did anyone see Helen's screen saver, it looked like a wormhole? Anyway, I love the bad guy, he wasn't all bad ass, he actually seemed likable, and I think I've seen his main bad dude on Stargate somewhere. It was really cool seeing Walter/Chris again, I think he added a lot more to role this time than last season, and I think he showed a side to Walter that needed to be seen and I'm glad he was able to take charge and make the movie the way he wanted. Agam did a great job in this episode, I'm glad that she got an episode to herself, and I wonder if she did the fighting moves herself. And Helen, even though we didn't see a LOT of her this episode, all her parts were really good, and I loved how she gave that dude attitude.

I'll review more in my replies.

Comment

Great episode, I really loved Helen's lines, Kate was great, and she looked so awesome in the black suit.
        Walter = the Adjuster, I can't express my feelings .. he was great, funny and I was totally out when he was running, it was cool
        I enjoyed the episode .. I am going to rewatch it tomorrow
        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

The Ep turned out a lot better than I thought at first (ok.. i was having internetproblems so I only understood half of the first 15 minutes -.-)
          I liked Walter.. but I thought he was kinda funny the first time XD but still, defititely an improvement!
          I thought the bad guys were quite a bunch of idiots... didn't really like them (but that's the point, isn't it?). It had some nice Helen scenes and I definitely want her office window XD
          Aaaaand not to forget, the most squeeworthy part today: Kate could have taken out Henry without kissing him.. even though she wasn't able to think rational.. but that was the case in Broca Divide, too XDDDD
          (what exactly was that talk about 1944 about? as I said.. couldn't really watch it )
          sigpic

Comment

My brother-in-law called Kate the Mumbai Minx.

I thought that the suit was developed and was not naturally occurring was cool. I didn't like the "bad guy"; Helen was right, he's a spoiled brat. I'd rather not see him again. Ever. Alive anyway. I also liked how the suit didn't think The Adjustor (forgot name) was worthy of the suit.

Poor Henry, he might not be living with Mom, but he is living with the closest thing he has to one - and his shop looks to be in the basement. RyRo is incredible. He makes Henry's reactions so real!

I was rather surprised it was Helen who knew the Russian mob boss. And managed to broker a deal. Not so sure I bought that bit.

I don't know. I wasn't as impressed with this ep as much as I thought I would be. I think there were too many call-backs to too many different things. It annoyed me. I hope this is the ep I'm least impressed with for the season.
            While there were moments in the ep I enjoyed, overall it fell flat for me. I really wish I could say I enjoyed it.

I *did* like (spoiler for future ep):
            Spoiler:
            how they brought up Normandy now. Makes sense, considering...
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
              (what exactly was that talk about 1944 about? as I said.. couldn't really watch it )
              Apparently Kate and Henry were going thru storage - some of which is Helen's personal mementos/belongings - and found stuff that seemed to indicate she was on French soil during the battle. They had a bet going as to whether she was or not. She never indicated whether she was or not.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                I thought that the suit was developed and was not naturally occurring was cool. I didn't like the "bad guy"; Helen was right, he's a spoiled brat. I'd rather not see him again. Ever. Alive anyway. I also liked how the suit didn't think The Adjustor (forgot name) was worthy of the suit.
                Walter.

Poor Henry, he might not be living with Mom, but he is living with the closest thing he has to one - and his shop looks to be in the basement. RyRo is incredible. He makes Henry's reactions so real!
                Indeed, Helen is like a mom to him. I mean she is old enough to be his mom... and grandma, great grandma and great, great, grandma.

Comment

I liked the ep.

Being a history buff, all the talk of Helen being in Normandy in '44 was very cool.

Just a thought about the Russian mob boss, could he be an abnormal that Helen helped at some point and that's why she knows him?

And what guy wouldn't want to see Kate in a cat suit or Helen for that matter?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I have to say I liked it better than I though I would. Agam did a great job, she's seem so natural like she wasn't even trying. I actually like that her because it didn't seem force. Love Kate's hair style. I wanted Magnus to punch the kid with money, then again I want her to punch all the bad guys. A lot of us sometimes complain that Will is not acting the part of scientist enough, but we forget that he used to be a cop as well. Henry is so funny, love his character. Is ironic that for a wolf he's so easy prey for Kate. I guess the bugs felt that Walter sold them out. But once he redeem himself they could see that Walter just got a little lost and needed a little push in the right direction to find his way.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      I don't know. I wasn't as impressed with this ep as much as I thought I would be. I think there were too many call-backs to too many different things. It annoyed me. I hope this is the ep I'm least impressed with for the season.
                      While there were moments in the ep I enjoyed, overall it fell flat for me. I really wish I could say I enjoyed it.
                      It fell rather flat for me as well. I didn't care much for Hero last season, though it did improve on me later, so I wasn't expecting much from the sequel. I think the premise was pretty interesting, revisiting Walter and his suit, I just didn't care much for the execution. Kate as the bad guy was fun and AD did a good job with it, though I was expecting a bit more from a Kate without inhibitions. The storyline with the grandson was alright, though it was interesting that Helen seems to be on fairly good terms with a Russian mob boss.

I did like the bet between Henry and Kate about Helen being in France in 1944, and the scenes between Walter and Henry were quite good, as was the closing scene between Helen and Kate. And the stuff with the filming of the Adjuster movie were pretty funny, reminded me of Wormhole Extreme, and it must have been rather funny for the crew to be filming their own studio.

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately this episode fell a bit flat for me too. (Maybe after a few re-watches it will grow on me but first impressions; it was ok.) Hero from season two isn’t one of my favorite episodes either.

But I have to say all the cast did a fabulous job Agam, Amanda, Chris and the guy playing Virgil. (Am I mistaken or wasn’t that the same guy playing the camera man in season 1 Instinct?)

There was a lot of great moments like the Normandy bet between Henry and Kate, the filming in the studio (Dan Payne as the beefed up Adjuster) the green screen finally getting to be on camera as itself and Martin Wood lending his voice to the director.

Chris G had some great and funny moments too, like his awkward hand shake thingy with Henry and when they make the discovery of Inverset he’s mimicking Will’s movements like leaning on the chair as he does etc. And when Henry comes to Helen’s office to present his finding and Walter goes ‘I helped!’ the look on Helen’s face is priceless!

I had hoped this episode would be more about Kate going vigilantly but as of now she’s still strapped to the table halfway through the episode. (And to me it would have been far more interesting if she would have wanted to keep the suit on not because they had messed with her brain but because she really didn’t want to take it off for what ever reason.)

I think the reason this episode didn’t hit as high as the rest of this season for me was because it was lacking this natural funny repertory they’ve established between the characters in the previous episodes. Except for the beginning there wasn’t much of that at all in this episode.

To me it felt like they were trying to squeeze in too much in this ep, we got Kate with the suit, Walter with his movie deal, the bad guys having this elaborate plan that needs to be explained and our gang trying to find Kate. And a lot of the dialogue had to be explaining what was going on.

However, I’d love to get my hands on some Adjuster swag, the suspenders were brilliant!

Comment

Add me to the 'fell flat' club. I'm not gonna go into the things I didn't like, if I do we'll be here for a while and I haven't had enough coffee for that.

So the few redeeming things about this ep.
                          - The comic book switches between the scenes really added to the feel of the ep
                          - The interaction between Helen and Virgil (Tho' who names their kid Virgil? It's like saying this child will grow up to be the bad guy)
                          - Helen's hair (yes it is a redeeming quality, leave me alone)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            LOL! Yes Helen's hair is always a redeeming quality!
                            I do believe AT is making up for all those years of bad Carter-SG1 hair with Helen though

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Add me to the 'fell flat' club. I'm not gonna go into the things I didn't like, if I do we'll be here for a while and I haven't had enough coffee for that.

So the few redeeming things about this ep.
                              - The comic book switches between the scenes really added to the feel of the ep
                              - The interaction between Helen and Virgil (Tho' who names their kid Virgil? It's like saying this child will grow up to be the bad guy)
                              wasn't one of the thunderbirds called virgil

I actually quite liked the episode, reminded me of wormhole X-treme

Comment

Working...
                              X