• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail of Blood (304)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    TRAIL OF BLOOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304

The Sanctuary team responds to a distress call from Nikola Tesla, and finds him trapped in the underground lair of a swarm of multipedes. Meanwhile, Bigfoot looks for justice after a friend from his past is killed.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 26 February 2021, 10:13 PM.

yay for tesla. some WONDERFUL, absolutely WONDERFUL kate and biggie scenes. we got biggie's back story.

and i gotta say, and you can ask my friends, i SOOOO called Father Clark being a baddie.
    great episode, fantastic helen and tesla tension, he really, really crossed a line.

next week

Spoiler:
    CatKate

heroe 2, but kate goes catwoman
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo, another hit episode here! Btw, the opening was normal here in Canada, don't know if it was shortened elsewhere.

It was fun, exciting and full of twists from start to finish. I loved how it started with Will and Biggie talking about food, then discover the... WW2 device. OMG, I loved Helen's reaction to it, and the history lesson behind it. Helen's talk with Will about Tesla was so funny, her facial expression and her "queen" joke was great, I remember thinking: "No, no, you're already our queen of Syfy." I thought it was cool seeing the team in their hiking outfits, I liked how how mins after finding Tesla, he commented on how Helen looked. I thought it was sweet to see Tesla thank Helen, and the smile she gave him, and I loved him and Henry going at it. It was a really good story revolving Tesla, and the creatures, that they were made up of the source blood. The secret lab was cool, and I liked the Ashley references, and how Tesla was considered of Helen's feelings before saying her name. I'm glad we got to see him use his new powers, and hearing how hard it is for him being normal, I think the audience can relate to that, for those who have lost something important in their lives. I did feel sorry for him when the team turned on him, and found out what he was up to, but Helen was right to stop the creatures. Since I knew he wasn't going to die, it kinda took the excitement away at the end, but I'm glad he was willing to sacrifice himself to save the others. Overall, great story with the team and Tesla. Btw, those stunners they used, those are from PN, aren't they?

As for Biggie. I liked his story, and I feel this is the first big story for him, and I'm glad Kate was able to be with him for this. OMG, I loved the Ghost Hunters/Fort Delaware reference, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Amanda's idea. I It was good to see some backstory on him, and how loyal he is to those outside of the Sanctuary. I was kinda hoping to see Helen and the Sanctuary in the 50's, but... meh. As soon as I saw that priest I knew something was off, and I hope we see more of him sometime in the future.

Overall, it was a great episode, and I'm excited for the remaining 16, and the remaining 7 Tesla episodes. I'll talk more in the replies.

Comment

Another great episode, this time we had two stories going on with this episode. Both stories were really good. It was good to hear mention of Ashley, really want to know more about that.

Oh and who is this Father Clark guy? Should be interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

I adored the episode. There is just too much to comment on! Loved the 'Maybe he want's me to be his queen' comment. The subtle looks and smiles were great. Kate was really there for Biggie, movie night, cuddling It was awesome!

Loved how Will asked Helen if Nikola had kept a larvae. The answer is obvious isn't it
          sigpic

Comment

I'm loving the one-liner comments in all the eps. And none feel forced!

Hmmm. Makes you wonder what the fake priest is up to. I have a few ideas but won't say here .

Another solid show. Not so sure the Nikola story was the B story, but...

I can't think. Will review later.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Oh and who is this Father Clark guy? Should be interesting.
              I have my theories...
              "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
              -Brom in Eragon

Comment

This episode was awesome!! Loved Kate and Biggie in the media room!!

Will was terrific in this episode. Loved how he said, "Every time."

This was just a fabulous episode.
                sigpic

Comment

Is it me but does it seem like the music and effects have stepped up a notch this season? It just seems better quality and more time and effort went into it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Is it me but does it seem like the music and effects have stepped up a notch this season? It just seems better quality and more time and effort went into it.
                    It gets better every season, every episode.

Comment

I'm very interested to see what Father Clark is up but wasn't the hood a bit too Emperor Palpatine?

Tesla was fun but I agree with Will about him. He comes close to being more trouble than he is worth, IMHO.

I liked the Kate and Biggie bonding and I really want to see more of his back story.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Human... with benefits! Ha awesome line.
                        sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          next week

Spoiler:
                          CatKate

heroe 2, but kate goes catwoman
                          That actually looks good. Well, better than the first.
                          sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Another really good episode. I adored the Bigfoot and Kate storyline, great interaction between the two and it was great to get some more backstory on the Big Guy. The Father Clark situation is also really interesting and a nice teaser to end the episode on. My theory is that he has something to do with
                            Spoiler:
                            the new Jekyll and Hyde character played by Ian Tracey, esp with the 'judged your soul not your appearance' line.
                            Great mystery, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

The Tesla storyline was also fun, again great interactions and banter between the characters, esp Henry and Tesla. I especially enjoyed the callback to Ashley and the Cabal and the confrontation between Helen and Tesla about him going after the Source blood. I think it shows a change in Helen since last year, where before the scientist in Helen would have agreed with Tesla in trying to salvage some of the blood, after what happened to Ashley I think Helen is more than happy to destroy every last remnant of it.

Only real complaint is the shortened opening credits. Is this happening in other countries as well or is it just an annoying Syfy thing?
                            Last edited by EvenstarSRV; 05 November 2010, 09:28 PM.

sigpic

Comment

A very well executed episode.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                              X