• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Job (303)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    BANK JOB
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303

After discovering that an abnormal egg stored in a safe deposit box has hatched, Magnus, Kate, and Will initiate a hostage situation in order to lock down the smalltown bank – hoping to find the creature they believe has taken a host.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 February 2021, 09:58 PM.

The abby was cute. Not sure what the purpose of this episode was. Hope that the rest of this season isn't like this. Usually I can't figure out what's the end result is going to be until its all over, but this was too predictable for what I've come to expect from Sanctuary.

Comment

Henry had awesome lines, Helen was cute as always, the punch was great. Kate made my day and Will? He was great too. I really enjoyed this episode
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

it was simply a bottle episode. Happens. you need them every once in a while (well not completely a bottle eps, that's kinda what last week's was, filmed all on the standing sets to save money, this was a bottle eps in the whole 'not an arc' episode definition)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

After last seasons ending us the first two of this season I guess a breather episode was in order, not my favorite but fun with some good things about it.

Kate really stepped up in this episode from the start. I liked what they have done with her, she has proven that she is good now but still has that old bounty hunter/criminal skill set and it serves them all well this week.

Helen was there the whole time helping out but really utilized Henry and Kate to save the day, Will also but to a lesser extent. Good leaders bring out the best in their team and she did tonight.

Henry was awesome as usual in more of a supporting role.
          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Fun to see Magnus in bank robber/doctor mode. It felt very teamy, which is good.
            They managed to put the Sanctuary spin on the old bank robbery story.

But what the heck happened to our opening music/title sequence?! I hope this was a one time thing.

ETA: Oh, & I liked how when Magnus was doing the "American" accent it sounded like an English person faking an American accent.
            Last edited by jckfan55; 29 October 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed this one very much for what it was.

Loved that Magnus' 'American' accent sounded super-fake. Totally cracked me up. How does AT do that?

Lots of funny lines

My roomie pointed out that after they cut the power, the phone wouldn't work. That's what you notice when you live with a techie.

Very nice Kate/Magnus moment at the end.

WTF happened to the theme/title sequence? Was the episode 45 seconds too long?

And next week:
              Spoiler:
              Tesla!
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

This was a fun episode, it may have been a bottle episode, but the character interactions were great. I lol'd at many of the lines, enjoyed the "I knew the British accent was fake." I also loved Henry in this eppy, "I do the tech and you do the drugs"

All in a nice feel good eppy, not important to the new story arc, but then again not all episodes have to do with story arcs
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

All in a nice feel good eppy, not important to the new story arc, but then again not all episodes have to do with story arcs
                  Now that they have 20 episodes to play with they can do an arc, but also throw some stand alones in. I like having stand alone stories in the mix.

Comment

WOW, what a great episode, it had me on the edge of my seat.

I was very surprised to see Walter... excuse me, Gary, and Peter Flemming, and I think I recognized a couple other Stargate actors in there. I've heard some say the opening was shortened, but I didn't notice that, maybe it's different in Canada. I knew right away things weren't going to be easy for the team, and I thought it was freaky how Kate came up with the "bank job" idea.

One that that surprised the most was hearing Amanda drop her accent. It was SO cool hearing Helen talk without her British accent, I mean I could see Helen, but hear Amanda, and even Sam a few times. Even though Henry wasn't with the team in the bank, I thought he did a great job helping the team the way he did, and I'm glad to see that Helen gave Kate a chance to shine, and really show what she can do. Helen and Will working together to find the host was cool, I liked Helen's war reference.

Another twist was to see that a rival hunter was in there with them, the whole episode had many twists that worked very well. Overall I thought it was another GREAT episode, a very well written episode, and a great team episode.

I'll review more in my replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it was simply a bottle episode. Happens. you need them every once in a while (well not completely a bottle eps, that's kinda what last week's was, filmed all on the standing sets to save money, this was a bottle eps in the whole 'not an arc' episode definition)
                      I don't think that it was a bottle episode .
                      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I enjoyed this episode. Fun to see Magnus in bank robber/doctor mode. It felt very teamy, which is good.
                        They managed to put the Sanctuary spin on the old bank robbery story.

But what the heck happened to our opening music/title sequence?! I hope this was a one time thing.

ETA: Oh, & I liked how when Magnus was doing the "American" accent it sounded like an English person faking an American accent.
                        We didn't get a shortened opening in Canada, maybe because it's Canada or it's the Space channel, but our opening was normal. I found the shortened one on twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFqQf...ure=youtu.be&a

One thing that impresses me though is seeing "Amanda Tapping in..." I liked that a lot, Amanda should be above the title, and because it's like RDA in SG-1.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        Loved that Magnus' 'American' accent sounded super-fake. Totally cracked me up. How does AT do that?
                        It didn't sound fake to me, but it sounded a little different. I thought Amanda dropped her British accent completely, and used her own voice, but now I hear she was using an "American". I hope Amanda tells us what the idea was, to use her real voice to fool the hostages, or to make it actually sound like a "fake" American accent.

And next week:
                        Spoiler:
                        Tesla!
                        Spoiler:
                        Yay for Tesla.
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 October 2010, 11:36 PM. Reason: spoiler tagged

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Now that they have 20 episodes to play with they can do an arc, but also throw some stand alones in. I like having stand alone stories in the mix.
                          Me too, this made for a nice break from the Kali and its fallout storyline. This episode felt a bit like a Kush to me, though much more teamy which I liked, the character interactions really livened up what was a pretty straightforward plot, "I do the tech, you do drugs.,' 'it scares me that we're co-workers.' Hee.

Seeing Kate in her element was fun and loved the moment with Helen and Kate at the end, the music was quite lovely as well. Helen's fake American accent was also rather funny, esp the 'I knew it was fake' crack, I figure she wanted to come across as an 'average' bank robber to the hostages.

Didn't like the shortened titles, I really hope its only an one ep thing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                            Henry had awesome lines, Helen was cute as always, the punch was great. Kate made my day and Will? He was great too. I really enjoyed this episode
                            Helen was definitely cute and i loved how she kept switching accent's! Kate was awesome at getting back in touch with her criminal roots!! Loved that!! and it was funny how Magnus asked her if she was depressed about not taking any money... lol!!!

LOVED how henry sweet talked his computer and then his face when he realized he was on open Comms! lmao!! that was awesome!!

Over all i loved this episode!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              It was more filler then a bottle episode
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X