Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep? (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
    I agree i hope she gets exposed soon It seems like she is doin everything in her power to ruin the mission and the dont catch on !!!! It made me Angry lol !!! .
    i agree. i like that peter can see some of it, and it was kind of mean altivia giving him sex to shut him him up. the more this story line goes on, the more stupid these characters will seem. they've tried to prevent that, having the senator guy's wife not know. but she didn't know about alternate worlds and shifters, either.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    Newton is the British guy yeah, why is it always us Brits that play the evil ones in American TV shows
    he plays an angel in supernatural
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Another good solid ep I thought Altivia was gona get busted this week but she got away with the skin of her teeth. I don't think she can keep it up for much longer. I think someone is bound to figure out what's happened. I'm still hedging my bets that it's Walter that'll notice

But why are they showing ep 1 again next week
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I really wanted Altivia outed in this episode. She is so devious.
        I concur!
        sigpic

Comment

It was a shame to see Newton go but maybe Walter can ressurect him! Of course everyone knows that all us Brits are super-evil so it makes sense that we get type cast that way in American shows

You might think with being aware of the shapshifter threat for some time now that regular blood tests would be carried out on all high ranking officials and particularly people like the Fringe team a la Battlestar Galactica. Or that Walter's idea to detect the glimmer would have been explored beyond wanting it to find Peter when he was AWOL.

Of course devious impersonators like Altivia can often find a way round such measures and perhaps they have just been too busy with other things to really take the shapeshifter threat seriously enough.
          "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
            It was a shame to see Newton go but maybe Walter can ressurect him! Of course everyone knows that all us Brits are super-evil so it makes sense that we get type cast that way in American shows

You might think with being aware of the shapshifter threat for some time now that regular blood tests would be carried out on all high ranking officials and particularly people like the Fringe team a la Battlestar Galactica. Or that Walter's idea to detect the glimmer would have been explored beyond wanting it to find Peter when he was AWOL.

Of course devious impersonators like Altivia can often find a way round such measures and perhaps they have just been too busy with other things to really take the shapeshifter threat seriously enough.
            I don't know but in the episode Broyles mentions having now screened all main government officials after the situation with the senator. As for Altlivia, I'm not sure what you mean, but she's not a shapeshifter (as far as we know ) so she should not be so worried about it all. And for some reason she doesn't seem to be a big fan of them. Comparing them to any machine like a toaster.
            Spoiler:
            And she already killed the 2 shape shifters she worked with.
            But again, this particular shape shifter, Newton, was particularly mean to her. He never liked her either from the moment she got to our side, crossing into his territory as the alt world leader of the operation on our side. And somehow I think he seems to genuinely believe she didn't have it in her to complete the mission.

In the previous episode:
            NEWTON: Careful. Their side may be alluring, but don't be taken in by it. They started the war. Remember?
            ALTLIVIA: You don't have to remind me whose side I'm on. Did you do what I told you to do?

And in this episode some incredible piece of dialogue:

NEWTON: ...Don't worry. He's been disabled. Or as you people call it, he's dead. He can't talk, and data recovery's impossible. Your cover's safe, for now.

ALTIVIA: What do you mean, my cover is safe for now?

NEWTON: I don't know what your mission is, Olivia, and you've made it very clear that it's none of my concern. Whatever it is, I imagine it requires you to gain Peter Bishop's complete trust.

ALTIVIA: What makes you think that I don't already have it?

NEWTON: Well, maybe it's because I'm looking in from the outside, but I'm willing to wager that somewhere, deep inside his brain, Peter Bishop senses that something is not quite right with you, that something has changed, that you're not his Olivia.

ALTIVIA: Okay, you need to remember who you're talking to.

NEWTON: You're in over your head. You're not fully committed to this task, and because of that, you will fail. (hangs-up)
            I loved the antagonism between Newton and Olivia. He was also brutal with the other shapeshifter policeman. And the hospital scene was so great. That was some of the most brutal shooting I saw on TV. I think it's *almost* second in Sci-fi after the moving stairway shooting in Total Recall.

I miss Newton. RIP.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

You're right Altivia is a bad example for blood screening but the glimmer detection machine should still work on her if that had been pursued.

I loved that Newton / Altivia conversation you quoted. At the time of watching it really felt to me like he was goading her that Peter would expect their relationship to blossom sexually and she wouldn't be able to go through with it - in a sense that he provoked her into sleeping with Peter. Reading it back though I see there is nothing in the actual dialogue that really supports that but it's just how it came across to me.
              "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                You're right Altivia is a bad example for blood screening but the glimmer detection machine should still work on her if that had been pursued.

I loved that Newton / Altivia conversation you quoted. At the time of watching it really felt to me like he was goading her that Peter would expect their relationship to blossom sexually and she wouldn't be able to go through with it - in a sense that he provoked her into sleeping with Peter. Reading it back though I see there is nothing in the actual dialogue that really supports that but it's just how it came across to me.
                I think she realized he was probably right about Peter having doubt about her, so she tried to use the best and most simple way to get into a man head, by getting into his pants first.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                  Is Newton the british guy that went on a killing spree?
                  Funny quote when taken completely out of context
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Funny quote when taken completely out of context
                    It's more accurate to say that Newton made a killing in the physic field.

Comment

Just watching it on German tv... Weird to hear it in the dubbed version although they did a good job! But the ads during a 45 min show is freaking me out, is it in the us the same?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        Just watching it on German tv... Weird to hear it in the dubbed version although they did a good job! But the ads during a 45 min show is freaking me out, is it in the us the same?
                        Yes, we have tons of ads in the US as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X