Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much control of the ship does Rush have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has control in theory. In practice, he still needs time to learn how to operate the ship before he can do the more complex operations.

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
      Rush has complete control of Destiny. It says this numerous time, he can do whatever he wishes.
      well, what Rush tells others he can do and what Rush can actually do may not always be the same thing
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Why would Rush lie to himself?

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          because it's easier than accepting the responsibility?
          why do any of us lie to ourselves?
          sigpic

Comment

1)
            Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
            Rush has complete control of Destiny. It says this numerous time, he can do whatever he wishes.
            2)
            He has control in theory. In practice, he still needs time to learn how to operate the ship before he can do the more complex operations.
            3)
            Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            well, what Rush tells others he can do and what Rush can actually do may not always be the same thing
            4)
            5)
            because it's easier than accepting the responsibility?
            why do any of us lie to ourselves?
            He's control over Destiny only theoretical (like daedalus91 stated 1), de facto he don't know how to use this control in reality, cos he don't know enough about Destiny's systems and it's proper use (morbosfist answer to that 2).

Rush knows, and admits that he don't know how to use the controls, cos he didn't tell anyone about the bridge, so how can he lie about that? (xxxevilgrinxxx's 3). Therefore Rush don't have to lie to himself (morbosfist's 4), at least not in this case. So, what's the point with 5? General statement about Rush?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
              So, what's the point with 5? General statement about Rush?
              on my part, a general statement about everybody, which would include Rush
              I've yet to see the ep, so all my conversation points are in general and in general, people lie to themselves because it's easier than dealing with the truth, easier than dealing with the responsibility, easier than accepting the blame, easier than dealing with a lot of things. Do I think Rush is lying to himself? Yes.
              sigpic

Comment

on my part, a general statement about everybody, which would include Rush
                I've yet to see the ep, so all my conversation points are in general and in general, people lie to themselves because it's easier than dealing with the truth, easier than dealing with the responsibility, easier than accepting the blame, easier than dealing with a lot of things. Do I think Rush is lying to himself? Yes.
                You haven't seen "Aftermath" yet? Are you sure?

Ok, general statement, had nothing to do in particular with "Awakening", and the conversation between daedalus91 and morbosfist. And, I thought I've missed something.
                sigpic

Comment

After Last nite episode, he can cut the FTL, the move the ship, no weapons, other than what they had. Why does Destiney need a crew for?

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                    You haven't seen "Aftermath" yet? Are you sure?

Ok, general statement, had nothing to do in particular with "Awakening", and the conversation between daedalus91 and morbosfist. And, I thought I've missed something.
                    well, we;re here in the Awakenings thread, Aftermath is a whole other folder, so any discussions on the matter I'd put there As for this particular ep, I don't see it until Friday, so I reserve judgment and fall back on the general statement made - which I took to be talking about Awakenings, given where we are
                    sigpic

Comment

well, we;re here in the Awakenings thread, Aftermath is a whole other folder, so any discussions on the matter I'd put there As for this particular ep, I don't see it until Friday, so I reserve judgment and fall back on the general statement made - which I took to be talking about Awakenings, given where we are
                      Now the confusion is completed! I wanted to write "Awakening", as I did in the second paragraph, sorry, my bad.

And, I wasn't talking of "Pathogen", but of Rush's talking to Gloria, where he says, that he don't know exactly how to use the controls, so, that he rather use the autopilot again, than to destroy the ship (I think he said that already in "Aftermath").

Anyway, it's not wrong that Rush lies to himself, and others all the time, but not in this special case.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                        After Last nite episode, he can cut the FTL, the move the ship, no weapons, other than what they had. Why does Destiney need a crew for?
                        He does seem to be getting more capable of operating the ship.

Comment

Working...
                        X