Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something?

The Destiny stopped, gave no countdown clock so they could repair the seeder ship. But what got repaired? they went over, had a look around some of the ship, found that it was packed full of energy, tried to dial Earth, got stopped by the Aliens. The ship then started draining Destiny's power (obviously by the Aliens), Rush separated the ships, then Destiny warped off into FTL.. So at what stage did Destiny think that the repair job had finished....?? and what did it think they did?

Confused.com

ancients.. who knows wtf the automaticly repairs

Comment

Rush stop all that in the Brigde and sent Destiny into FTL.
      "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
      with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

There was no countdown the time estimated was for how long the data transfer was going to take. But I don't remember anyone saying anything about reparing the seeder ship.

It was simple a exploration ep
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i think destiny stopped because it was copying data from the ship to see if it needed repairs. our crew just went over there on their own. then at the end rush seperated the ships and sent it into ftl
          sigpic

Comment

The countdown clock was disabled to give the crew whatever time they needed. I guess the Ancients would have repaired it (in addition to the data transfer), but since Rush was at the helm, he saw no point in staying, especially after the draining-power-from-Destiny thing, so he commanded the ship to jump back to FTL.
            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              i think destiny stopped because it was copying data from the ship to see if it needed repairs. our crew just went over there on their own. then at the end rush seperated the ships and sent it into ftl
              My impression was that dr.Rush stopped Destiny : he seemed to be the first one who knew that the 'object ahead' was an Alien ship. We know that now he can stop/restart the autopilot whenever he pleases. So it makes perfect sense that he disabled the usual FTL countdown : he wanted enough time for exploring the ship ...

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                My impression was that dr.Rush stopped Destiny : he seemed to be the first one who knew that the 'object ahead' was an Alien ship. We know that now he can stop/restart the autopilot whenever he pleases. So it makes perfect sense that he disabled the usual FTL countdown : he wanted enough time for exploring the ship ...
                Thats more than obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                  At the end of Aftermath, Destiny drops out of FTL and Rush looks as confused as everyone- thus, Rush didn't stop Destiny.

Also, he looked for a way during Aftermath to disable to countdown but couldn't figure out how to do it; there was even a couple sentences of dialog describing this.
                  GLORIA: Let's see. What are you trying to do?

RUSH: Figure out how to control how long Destiny stops when it drops out of F.T.L.
                  Destiny stopped at the seeder-ship to collect the data it had retrieved. Rush estimated that it would jump again once it was done with the transfer, but he un-docked prematurely and jumped into FTL in order to save the last of the energy Destiny had.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

AVFan said most of it.

Destiny stopped on its own to link with the ship for a data transfer, thus disabled the clock on it's own. Presumably, it would have undocked and continued once the transfer was done. Presumably also to give time to repair the seeder ship (if Ancients had been aboard, they could have done it, and stopped the ship long enough to get it done). But if no Ancients were aboard, then it would have been pointless to stay after the data transfer.

Rush unhooked the ship to stop the energy transfer, Destiny figured things were done and started up the clock again (Young seemed to be aware of how long they had until a jump). Destiny jumped again a short time later.

Comment

A few things bear correcting, though.

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      At the end of Aftermath, Destiny drops out of FTL and Rush looks as confused as everyone- thus, Rush didn't stop Destiny.
                      Rush probably didn't stop Destiny, but he was not surprised when it did stop. He was surprised when that bit of data came on the screen, presumably indicating that the seed ship was in range, but otherwise he knew exactly what was going on.

Also, he looked for a way during Aftermath to disable to countdown but couldn't figure out how to do it; there was even a couple sentences of dialog describing this.
                      The dialog is in reference to extending the countdown, not disabling it. Doing that would expose his control of the ship.

Destiny stopped at the seeder-ship to collect the data it had retrieved. Rush estimated that it would jump again once it was done with the transfer, but he un-docked prematurely and jumped into FTL in order to save the last of the energy Destiny had.
                      Volker actually made that guess. Rush didn't comment on it.

Comment

The goal was a transfer of data IMO. Remember that for the most part Destiny is still on auto pilot. The ship was disabled, so there was no repair mechanism. And as far as we know Rush still doesn't have control over how long Destiny stays at the bus stops.

As far as the power thing, for all we know right now, that surplus of power is supplied by the alien pods, not the seed ship. It doesn't make sense that the seed ship would have that much power being smaller than Destiny. Granted that it has to do more work (manufacturing) and not just travel between bus stops. But I do wonder why it doesn't have the same life support issues that Destiny had given that it is smaller and older. Perhaps the browns were fixing it per say to claim as their own. Like the Valla of SGU.

Comment

A few notes.

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Rush probably didn't stop Destiny, but he was not surprised when it did stop. He was surprised when that bit of data came on the screen, presumably indicating that the seed ship was in range, but otherwise he knew exactly what was going on.
                          Seems logical, but I think he was just as surprised as anyone when Destiny stopped. Remember, he's a very logical person, and his predictions were entirely possible from a logical perspective.

The dialog is in reference to extending the countdown, not disabling it. Doing that would expose his control of the ship.
                          By turning off the auto-pilot, yes, but he was very concerned about doing that since there was so much he didn't understand about the process. I suspect that, even after the crew finds out about the bridge, they'll leave the auto-pilot on for the same reasons. Or it could be a plot point later on; they turn off the auto-pilot and bad things happen.

Volker actually made that guess. Rush didn't comment on it.
                          Regardless, it's a very logical point; after losing that much power, they needed a star asap. Delaying would have been bad, regardless of whether or not Rush made the ship jump. And given that the clock was in play, it seemed the ship made the decision to jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            Seems logical, but I think he was just as surprised as anyone when Destiny stopped. Remember, he's a very logical person, and his predictions were entirely possible from a logical perspective.
                            True, but in this case his knowledge of the docking procedure was clearly foreknowledge. His conversation with Young makes that clear.

By turning off the auto-pilot, yes, but he was very concerned about doing that since there was so much he didn't understand about the process. I suspect that, even after the crew finds out about the bridge, they'll leave the auto-pilot on for the same reasons. Or it could be a plot point later on; they turn off the auto-pilot and bad things happen.
                            Definitely.

Regardless, it's a very logical point; after losing that much power, they needed a star asap. Delaying would have been bad, regardless of whether or not Rush made the ship jump. And given that the clock was in play, it seemed the ship made the decision to jump.
                            This does make sense. Rush probably didn't have to tell the ship to jump as long as the auto-pilot is still on. The question is: how long would the ship have stayed of its own accord? Volker's guess is reasonable, but we don't know for sure.

Comment

We know that Destiny probably has a greater mission. And given that there's been delays of late. Sabotage, Faith, Season 2, it's a fair bet that Destiny is now behind schedule.

Spoiler:
                              And now that the seeder ships are potential power sources for going home, they might kick it in gear and express lane it past a few bus stops.

Comment

Working...
                              X