District 9 Prawns in SGU?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9 Prawns in SGU?!?

I saw some pictures of the new aliens. Did they look similar to the District 9 aliens to anyone else, or was that just me?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Not me, but I'm guessing that the same guys made them, as they did the Blues too.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Not me, but I'm guessing that the same guys made them, as they did the Blues too.
      Weta Workshop made the Blues in season 1? I thought it was Bridge Studios.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

They use lots of vendors as well as their in house team. I don't know about the rest of the effects in the episode, but the guys who did the District 9 ones did the Blues too, it's something the producers have said quite a lot.

Comment

Theres a minor resemblence, but really at the end of the day when creating a creature that you want to looking alien, and distinctly not human, the blue/prawn body type is prob the best bet.... otherwise you end up with something that looks like a monster and not like a person from another race...
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I didn't even think of District 9...

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...n-sgus-future/

However, there is a big story point coming up that does introduce an alien race that’s a very cool, CG alien. It’s more along the line of a District 9-type of alien.

Comment

That was about the Blues not these new aliens
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  That was about the Blues not these new aliens
                  Oh, right, I could have sworn someone mentioned 'Season 2' in a related article, but I guess someone confused 1.5 with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    Weta Workshop made the Blues in season 1? I thought it was Bridge Studios.
                    Image Engine did the vfx for District 9 (the Prawns were designed by Weta) and they worked on the blue aliens in the first season of SGU. I guess TPTB used the same company for the grey aliens since they look great.
                    So say we all!

Comment

Sure they look a little similar ... but overall they are completely different, no little arms, and their faces look more human... legs are human bending too
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

To Clarify, Image Engine (who worked on D9) worked on the blue meanies in Season 1 of SGU. In Awakening, the aliens were done by Darkroom Digital in Vancouver.

Comment

I think we need to make a pool. What aliens looks better? The Blue aliens or the Gate ship aliens. I go with the Gate ship ones.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The Browns maybe look marginally better, but I suspect the Blues were harder to make. They had translucent heads!

Comment

we saw too little of the Browns.

i vote for more browns!~!

Comment

Working...
                              X