Alien Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Pods

Those alien pods.... i was thinking about a few things...
    They looked like a part of the system of the ship...are those aliens the maintenance crew of that seedership??
    They were only defending 'their' ship from being drained of power and did only stun, not kill.
    The way Telford is gonna come back is by learning their language or teach them english and have a few answers for us curious folks

I'm guessing that is how the Shorty Aliens sleep, maybe it is warmer or colder with different humidity and other environmental controls. I'm thinking the aliens will at learn learn to understand English but it is a stretch to assume they eve have the ability to communicate vocally as we do...but it seems to happen more often than not.
    sigpic

Comment

Whatever they awoke from it seemed they had summoning sickness!
      sigpic
      Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

they are most probably sleeping pods, i am not expecting dragon ball z stuff here.

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
          Whatever they awoke from it seemed they had summoning sickness!
          You don't think he was faking it just to see how we would respond? I'm not sure what to think.
          sigpic

Comment

ye i was thinking the same thing as u were, i think now the seeder ship will catch up and the only reason the maintenance crew didnt fix the problem was because they were in their pods wen it hapened and wen they activated the consoles it woke them so now they will b able to fix it and catch up

or maybe they were a defence crew and their pods were designed to open once someone came aboard, to prevent other aliens taking it over.

but then i dont see why they arent on destiny if that is true , maybe because the ship is damged and they were in a place exposed to space or are the other end of the ship and the signal to open the pods hasnt been sent bcause of damaged wiresor someting
            ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
              Those alien pods.... i was thinking about a few things...
              They looked like a part of the system of the ship...are those aliens the maintenance crew of that seedership??
              They were only defending 'their' ship from being drained of power and did only stun, not kill.
              The way Telford is gonna come back is by learning their language or teach them english and have a few answers for us curious folks
              Id agree, the Brownies appear to have been placed upon the seed ship by the Ancients as some form of crew by the looks of it
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

since it's an industrial ship which doesn't appear to be meant for constant manning, i doubt there are Quarters. i think these pods act like quarters (min-quarters). also, i think the aliens got onboard and when they figured out they couldn't repair the ship, they went in stasis

Comment

The front of the pods look ancient in design though?
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I didn't think so, I didn't see any indication these aliens had been on the ship since the time of the Ancients. They looked a lot like the Blue Aliens so I think assuming they are from a similar region of the galaxy is a fairly safe assumption.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Benr96 View Post
                      ye i was thinking the same thing as u were, i think now the seeder ship will catch up and the only reason the maintenance crew didnt fix the problem was because they were in their pods wen it hapened and wen they activated the consoles it woke them so now they will b able to fix it and catch up

or maybe they were a defence crew and their pods were designed to open once someone came aboard, to prevent other aliens taking it over.

but then i dont see why they arent on destiny if that is true , maybe because the ship is damged and they were in a place exposed to space or are the other end of the ship and the signal to open the pods hasnt been sent bcause of damaged wiresor someting
                      Who says they aren't on the ship all ready? For all we know, they are there but either hiding or only come out when needed. Or maybe the system to wake them is broken. Who knows? But if they were created by the ancients, they would speak a language rush would know -- Ancient. And they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                        Who says they aren't on the ship all ready? For all we know, they are there but either hiding or only come out when needed. Or maybe the system to wake them is broken. Who knows? But if they were created by the ancients, they would speak a language rush would know -- Ancient. And they didn't.
                        After millions of years they would no longer speak a language that sounded anything like ancient. Try reading Middle English for example, you will have trouble. Old english, very doubtful you will understand anything. And that is only 1,000 years.
                        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                          The front of the pods look ancient in design though?
                          Nope, did not look ancient. The ornamental design on the pods was curvy, ellipsoid like. Ancient ornamentals primarily have corners, not curves. And preferably 135° corners (or 45°, depending on your point of view). Ancient design has a certain crystalline snowflake quality to it.

Comment

I didn't think so, I didn't see any indication these aliens had been on the ship since the time of the Ancients. They looked a lot like the Blue Aliens so I think assuming they are from a similar region of the galaxy is a fairly safe assumption.
                            it's a different galaxy entirely.

then again, given the Blue's FTL capacity, i doubt it's beyond them to colonize several galaxies. it could be assumed that the Browns are far decedents of the Blues (or vice versa)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X