Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Alien Pods

  1. #1
    Captain wolverine_nl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    IDA
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Alien Pods

    Those alien pods.... i was thinking about a few things...
    They looked like a part of the system of the ship...are those aliens the maintenance crew of that seedership??
    They were only defending 'their' ship from being drained of power and did only stun, not kill.
    The way Telford is gonna come back is by learning their language or teach them english and have a few answers for us curious folks

  2. #2
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,860

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    I'm guessing that is how the Shorty Aliens sleep, maybe it is warmer or colder with different humidity and other environmental controls. I'm thinking the aliens will at learn learn to understand English but it is a stretch to assume they eve have the ability to communicate vocally as we do...but it seems to happen more often than not.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  3. #3
    Edna Mode UniverseSizePlotHole's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HOLED UP!
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Whatever they awoke from it seemed they had summoning sickness!

    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    they are most probably sleeping pods, i am not expecting dragon ball z stuff here.

  5. #5
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,860

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
    Whatever they awoke from it seemed they had summoning sickness!
    You don't think he was faking it just to see how we would respond? I'm not sure what to think.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  6. #6
    Chief Master Sergeant Benr96's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    ye i was thinking the same thing as u were, i think now the seeder ship will catch up and the only reason the maintenance crew didnt fix the problem was because they were in their pods wen it hapened and wen they activated the consoles it woke them so now they will b able to fix it and catch up


    or maybe they were a defence crew and their pods were designed to open once someone came aboard, to prevent other aliens taking it over.

    but then i dont see why they arent on destiny if that is true , maybe because the ship is damged and they were in a place exposed to space or are the other end of the ship and the signal to open the pods hasnt been sent bcause of damaged wiresor someting

  7. #7
    First Lieutenant Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_nl View Post
    Those alien pods.... i was thinking about a few things...
    They looked like a part of the system of the ship...are those aliens the maintenance crew of that seedership??
    They were only defending 'their' ship from being drained of power and did only stun, not kill.
    The way Telford is gonna come back is by learning their language or teach them english and have a few answers for us curious folks
    Id agree, the Brownies appear to have been placed upon the seed ship by the Ancients as some form of crew by the looks of it
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

  8. #8
    Lieutenant General thekillman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My Throne in Heaven
    Posts
    18,742

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    since it's an industrial ship which doesn't appear to be meant for constant manning, i doubt there are Quarters. i think these pods act like quarters (min-quarters). also, i think the aliens got onboard and when they figured out they couldn't repair the ship, they went in stasis

  9. #9
    First Lieutenant Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    The front of the pods look ancient in design though?
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

  10. #10
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,860

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    I didn't think so, I didn't see any indication these aliens had been on the ship since the time of the Ancients. They looked a lot like the Blue Aliens so I think assuming they are from a similar region of the galaxy is a fairly safe assumption.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  11. #11

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by Benr96 View Post
    ye i was thinking the same thing as u were, i think now the seeder ship will catch up and the only reason the maintenance crew didnt fix the problem was because they were in their pods wen it hapened and wen they activated the consoles it woke them so now they will b able to fix it and catch up


    or maybe they were a defence crew and their pods were designed to open once someone came aboard, to prevent other aliens taking it over.

    but then i dont see why they arent on destiny if that is true , maybe because the ship is damged and they were in a place exposed to space or are the other end of the ship and the signal to open the pods hasnt been sent bcause of damaged wiresor someting
    Who says they aren't on the ship all ready? For all we know, they are there but either hiding or only come out when needed. Or maybe the system to wake them is broken. Who knows? But if they were created by the ancients, they would speak a language rush would know -- Ancient. And they didn't.

  12. #12
    Second Lieutenant zainea13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by Blistna View Post
    Who says they aren't on the ship all ready? For all we know, they are there but either hiding or only come out when needed. Or maybe the system to wake them is broken. Who knows? But if they were created by the ancients, they would speak a language rush would know -- Ancient. And they didn't.
    After millions of years they would no longer speak a language that sounded anything like ancient. Try reading Middle English for example, you will have trouble. Old english, very doubtful you will understand anything. And that is only 1,000 years.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai Hulud View Post
    The front of the pods look ancient in design though?
    Nope, did not look ancient. The ornamental design on the pods was curvy, ellipsoid like. Ancient ornamentals primarily have corners, not curves. And preferably 135° corners (or 45°, depending on your point of view). Ancient design has a certain crystalline snowflake quality to it.

  14. #14
    Lieutenant General thekillman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My Throne in Heaven
    Posts
    18,742

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    I didn't think so, I didn't see any indication these aliens had been on the ship since the time of the Ancients. They looked a lot like the Blue Aliens so I think assuming they are from a similar region of the galaxy is a fairly safe assumption.
    it's a different galaxy entirely.

    then again, given the Blue's FTL capacity, i doubt it's beyond them to colonize several galaxies. it could be assumed that the Browns are far decedents of the Blues (or vice versa)

  15. #15
    First Lieutenant Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

  16. #16
    Black Caesar Sami_'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    since it's an industrial ship which doesn't appear to be meant for constant manning, i doubt there are Quarters. i think these pods act like quarters (min-quarters). also, i think the aliens got onboard and when they figured out they couldn't repair the ship, they went in stasis
    If that is true how did they suddenly fly away at the end of the episode in a supposebly unrepaired ship which according to the scientists on Destiny had a LOT of power.

  17. #17
    Brigadier General mi_guard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    9,779

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by Sami_ View Post
    If that is true how did they suddenly fly away at the end of the episode in a supposebly unrepaired ship which according to the scientists on Destiny had a LOT of power.
    maybe I got something wrong, but wasn't it DESTINY flying away in FTL and not the seeder ship?

  18. #18
    First Lieutenant Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

  19. #19
    Black Caesar Sami_'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,667

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by mi_guard View Post
    maybe I got something wrong, but wasn't it DESTINY flying away in FTL and not the seeder ship?
    Hm that may be true, why the hell did Rush fly away? seems like a pretty bad plothole.

  20. #20
    Second Lieutenant zainea13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Alien Pods

    Quote Originally Posted by Sami_ View Post
    Hm that may be true, why the hell did Rush fly away? seems like a pretty bad plothole.
    because it would have been suspicioius for him to re-attach

    Back to the pods: Ancient design most certainly has curves in it. Look at the Stargates, Atlantis is further down in time, Kind of like how our architechture has changed since the Romans. And throughout destiny you can find similar designs to those found on the stargate and DHD ... While the Goa'uld incorporated these designs, like the US has done with Roman Architecture creating the Federal style, they weren't the original creators of the design.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Alien worlds... Anyone wish they were more "Alien"?
    By Konan in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 21st, 2007, 09:41 AM
  2. Wichita Eagle: Good alien/bad alien
    By morjana in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 26th, 2005, 04:25 AM
  3. RA-Alien...Jesus Christ Alien?
    By anubis3355 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 27th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •