Favourite Moments/Quotes/Telford Badassery from 'Awakening'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Telford Badassery from 'Awakening'

Another week, another slew of moments and quotes and Telford badassery moments. Good times have been had...

First off, the entire TJ/Simeon interchange in the infirmary. You go girl.

TJ: "You think you could handle me?"
    *Simeon pisses himself*

Scott and Greer's epic conversation.
    Greer: "You remember that hamstring injury I got from squats?"
    Scott: "Yeah."
    Greer: "It wasn't squats."

Ginn the excitable little geek jumping at the chance to play with Ancient tech. Not cool to shut her down like that, Young!

TJ/Varro conversation.

Scott offering the food to the alien, and the conversation that proceeded it between Volker, Brody and Greer (Will add transcript later).

Telford sacrificing himself - Telford throughout the whole episode, in fact. Loved his little ending.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

i think you sum it up nicely with the name "telford"

Comment

Telford - "Put me in coach."

I loved him in this episode.

Comment

Destiny docking with the seeder ship. And Brody giving Young another bottle of alcohol.
        sigpic

Comment

That was my fave quote..

For fave scene... Young asking the group to get rush to the control room NOW.. then scott going
          "Er, we don't know where he is"...

Comment

I'm paraphrasing0

Varro: When can we help out?
            Young: When I know I can trust you.
            Varro: How do we do that?
            Young: I don't think you can.

Telford: Take care of those people....and Evertt....take of yourself.

Finally I like hallucination-Gloria questions the reason Rush removed Destiny from the Seeder ship
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Eli: Hey, am I reading this right?
              Rush: If you have to ask, my guess would be 'no'.
              sigpic

Comment

Young: Where are you going?
                Rush: The bathroom. Is that alright?

The first shorty alien fainting when seeing Volker. I laughed so hard at that part. The alien was probably more terrified than Volker!

The final shot in the episode of Rush sitting in the captain's chair during the musical montage.

The musical montage song!

This episode had the most favorite moments for me in any episode so far. I'm REALLY loving SGU right now. I mean, I loved early 1.0 and it's drastic change in style from previous Stargate, but now they've perfectly blended it with classic Stargate but it still feels new. It's dark, it's fresh, but it's also funny, and about exploration and adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                  Telford - "Put me in coach."
                  I loved him in this episode.
                  Yes i loved that - how do you shoot down someone saying that. Young had junior officers around so I saw it as saving face - if he'd said no he would have SPLODED! It was good that Telford didn't mention Emily at all.

The dried fruit bit was funny especially when Greer has problems pronouncing 'longan' in front of an alien - it would seem he can't speak his own language - just saying!
                  sigpic
                  Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

I think you got them all. that was such a great episode! The look on Volkar's face when he saw the alien and then his look after the alien fainted! Best first contact in any SG episode!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Another week, another slew of moments and quotes and Telford badassery moments. Good times have been had...

First off, the entire TJ/Simeon interchange in the infirmary. You go girl.

TJ: "You think you could handle me?"
                      *Simeon pisses himself*

Scott and Greer's epic conversation.
                      Greer: "You remember that hamstring injury I got from squats?"
                      Scott: "Yeah."
                      Greer: "It wasn't squats."

Ginn the excitable little geek jumping at the chance to play with Ancient tech. Not cool to shut her down like that, Young!

TJ/Varro conversation.

Scott offering the food to the alien, and the conversation that proceeded it between Volker, Brody and Greer (Will add transcript later).

Telford sacrificing himself - Telford throughout the whole episode, in fact. Loved his little ending.
                      Most of these would be my favorite moments, too. And adding the bit where the alien spit out the food Scott offered it. I laughed out loud at that bit. And the alien passing out when Volker spoke to it.

Loved the TJ/Simeon scene. I actually clapped my hands and cheered when she shut him down.

The scene at the beginning between Young and Rush - Young definitely knows that Rush is hiding something, and probably wanted to follow him to see where he was really going to instead of the bathroom.

I genuinely liked Telford in this episode. And IMO, he'll be back at some point. I liked the scene at the end with the aliens converging on Telford. Until shown otherwise, I'm leaning toward them not being hostile, and are simply very curious about him.

I thought the scene where Camille and Greer were cleaning out Riley's room was rather touching. Especially since Camille seemed sympathetic towards Greer and patted him on the back as they left the room. Wasn't that long ago they were at each other's throats.

I found it interesting that this other ship had so many narrow corridors that were only about one person wide, instead of the wide corridors the Destiny has.

Comment

I laughed out loud when Scott and Greer took Rush to the room where the stargate's were put together and the music swelled like it was this big dramatic moment and Rush was like "are we done?" The looks on Scott and Greer's faces were priceless.

And I loved seeing TJ put the Lucien Alliance guy in his place.
                        Originally posted by Callista
                        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                        Originally posted by HPMom
                        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

• The scene with TJ and Simeon - TJ is now officially badass!
                          • The Stargate factory - It was just a short scene, but it was very interesting to see.
                          • The aliens - especially the scene where Scott gives one of them food I wonder if we will see them again and what they are doing aboard the Seed ship.
                          • Lucian Alliance - Learning more about Varro, Ginn's small appearance showing her curiosity and Simeon going stir crazy - They really are becoming more fleshed out with each episode.
                          • The ending with Telford being left behind - I really enjoy SGU's style of not having a deus ex machina at end of the episode to resolve everything and return to the status quo.
                          sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Eli: We're gonna hit it.
                            Rush: No, no, we're not gonna hit it, we're going to dock with it.

Comment

Volker: You might wanna...come back to the control room.
                              Scott: You find something interesting?
                              Volker: Well...yeah, actually, something interesting found me.

Comment

Working...
                              X