This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Episode of the Season...If Any...? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So now that, in Canada at least, we are almost done season one. I really doubt The Siege will be bad, maybe The Gift might be bad. Anyway what is your least favorite episode so far??

For me personally I would have to say Hide and Seek. It was the episode after the premiere which USUALLY suffers from budget depletion if you know what i mean.

Every episode since then has been great if not excellent...I can't remember an episode where i felt like i wasted 1 hr of my life...
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Sanctuary. I felt very sorry for JF.

Comment

Well.... at first Hide & Seek didn't impress me, but it grows on me with each successive viewing. If I had to be forced to erase just one episode, I'd have to choose Childhood's End. I mean, who hasn't read Lord of the Flies and seen it done to death already?

Comment

I'm not in Canada so I haven't seen them all but i did read the transcript, and I didn't like Sanctuary.
        Spoiler:
        I didn't like Sheppard doing the whole Captain Kirk thing.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

I agree that Childhood's End was far too formularic.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
            I'm not in Canada so I haven't seen them all but i did read the transcript, and I didn't like Sanctuary.
            Spoiler:
            But I loved how McKay made fun of it throughout the episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
              Spoiler:

I actually liked "Sanctuary." It wasn't a GREAT episode but it was fun, and heck, it's not as though everybody's a monk on the base But mcKay's reaction - you really have to see it, not read it. Priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                I actually liked "Sanctuary." It wasn't a GREAT episode but it was fun, and heck, it's not as though everybody's a monk on the base But mcKay's reaction - you really have to see it, not read it. Priceless!
                Too true. I couldn't stop laughing when he said "Oh my God, he is Kirk"! It's too perfect!

Comment

I definitely think Childhood's end. It wasn't so much that it was formulaic for me; what bothered me was that it really didn't further the storyline at all. It felt very much like a 'filler' episode. There are just so many other things (wraith, ancients, more personal interactions between the crew, etc) I would have rather learned about, that the ep seemed pretty pointless. I just really didn't CARE.

Comment

Childhood's End probably, followed by Santuary. Childhood's End for two reasons:

1. The guy who played Elliot was in it. I just saw Lt. Elliot the whole way through. Unlike "Nyan" in The Defiant One, Elliot was in three episodes and had a big dramatic death sequence/sacrifice in Last Stand, so seeing him as someone else was just a great way to snap suspenension of disbelief.
                    2. It just didn't have any... uhh... "oomph" behind it. It lagged a lot.

Did have two great lines from McKay though:

"Oh yes kiddies, everything you believe is wrong and trust us because we've been here for what, a whole hour?"

And:

"That's not quiet. That's talking."

Every other episode apart from the above mentioned two has been fantastic, even the ones that weren't supposed to be fantastic were fantastic, like Letters to Pegasus, the clips show that never was...

BYE
                    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

'Childhood's End' and 'Poisoning the Well' were probably the season's low point for me, and even then, they were still pretty entertaining. Mostly because of the great banter between McKay and virtually everbody else.

CE had a chance to really be something, but dropped the ball at the end. PtW was slow moving, but was a nice charcter piece on Beckett. That episode probably went a long way toward winning him his regular status.

a time to mourn

Comment

I have to say SUSPICION was probably the worst for me. Though I haven't seen it in awhile, there was not enough McKay and too much pointing fingers at one another. But the good part of it was that they did get ride of the Athosians, which I was very grateful for, and they got Steve.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I don't mind Hide and Seek... while the potential threat seemed a tad phoney. I thought the episode gave good insight into Sheppard and McKay's personalities... and really set them up as the key individuals in the expedition team.
                          Poisoning the Well introduced some interesting ethical and moral questions which were very poignantly portrayed. I'm still struck by how well-paced the story was, how well that sense of urgency was conveyed through dialogue rather than through action. Great interaction between Sheppard and "Steve" as well.

Without a doubt in my mind, Sanctuary and Childhood's End were the weakest links. The Kirk jokes in Sanctuary became rather tiresome and obvious... but more importantly the guest female in question didn't impress me in the slightest either. She's pretty but rather wooden in the acting stakes. On this occasion the characterization of both Sheppard and McKay was ridiculous to say the least... grown men acting as hormonally driven, pubescent archetypes. Childhood's End was probably a bit too predictable and the ending was rather convenient.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

For me, it's "Home." That episode is an Atlantis recreation of "A Human Reaction" from Farscape. I kept thinking, if Sheppard figures this out by trying to go into a ladies room...

Oh, and why would they believe that Hammond would be in charge again?

-IMF
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Either "Thirty Eight Minutes" or "Poisoning the Well" for me. I didn't find either of them all that entertaining.
                              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X