Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

{Mod Snip}
    I think John & Teyla is the way to go :-)
    I think Teyla although underdeveloped in her character
    {mod snip}
    I see a spark existing between John & Teyla and although it probably will never happen I still think John & Teyla is generating sexual tension and enjoy watching their scenes together ..

Pam
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 31 March 2009, 11:14 AM.

I can see where your coming from on this- I've saw a few moments between the two of them, although I can't really say I'm a John/Teyla supporter. I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility though! You can always keep hoping

Comment

I'm holding out on some John/Teyla ship, dang it! I agree with you. Some people think John/Teyla ship is cliche, but I think John/Elizabeth ship would be just as cliche, considering their relationship would always remind me of Jack/Sam... Don't ask me why!

I think Teyla deserves some time to be fleshed out. Sam and Teal'c needed some time (less than 10 eps, but still), and they, IMO, turned out great. I think it's really easy for us to expect perfect character dimensions, after watching a show like SG-1 evolve. Still, these actors are new to these kinds of roles (just like AT, MS, and CJ were), and I have faith that Teyla will prove to be 3D just like everyone else.
      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 31 October 2004, 11:34 AM. Reason: sometimes I lose my head...

Comment

well, i dont know, it happened in sg-1, why not in , hey, what do they call them anyway? pegusas 1?
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Tentatively, i like John/Teyla ship. i think they definitely have more chemistry than Sam & Jack. However, i think any kind of ship would screw up the team dynamic.

Comment

I'm still not a big Teyla fan. Putting her in leather and doing martial arts does not a character make. My husband refers to her as no substance and simply there as the show's "eye candy" - I like her a bit more and think she does have potential. If TPTB would actually make her words interesting then there might be more acceptance for Teyla/Shep ship.

The only complaint I really have about "Atlantis" overall is that the women characters are blah. They have little humor and they can't make tough decisions on their own. The SG-1 women have always been intelligent, interesting, and sexy in their own way. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope we see better character development with the ladies of Atlantis in the future.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

yes i'm def for the John/Teyla shippy woohoo! and for the Elizabeth/ Rodney ship too.. I'm in the camp that says... WEIR IS NOT MARRIED, yes she was involved with simon. but i think that relationship fell apart when she accepted the mission to atlantis.
              sigpic

Comment

ohhh goody a place for the Sheyla relationship yippee
                sigpic

Comment

I am a little dissapointed at
                  Spoiler:
                  the episode Letters from Pegasis. Shepard definitely was not being cool to Teyla. I mean look. He came back to the ship after looking to see what that beam of light was and there were some people from the planet in the ship. He was all p o'd at her. But think. They are already there and it wasn't like it was hurting anything. They were still waiting for the stargate so they could fly out. I don't know. That was the only thing that I was bumded at with that episode. I want them to get together not have the problems that they were having.
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I've only seen the first 10 eps. but from what I see, this relationship is the most possible out of all the Atlantis ones.
                    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                    And we never even know we have the key.
                    Already Gone---------
                    The Eagles-----------

Comment

I agree, Shep and Teyla had great chemistry in "Rising" and I think that they make a very interesting potential pair...I'd love to see their romance develop.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am resurrecting this thread becase I love the whole shep/Teyla ship and I think more supporters ARE out there!

Comment

They just look couple-ish don't they. They have at least as much potential as season 1-7 Jack and Sam IMHO

Comment

oh even more it's a different type of relationship possibility i see than with sam/jack.... i mean, we're talkin two young mutts here

seriously though, if ya don't mind me going into a little analysis here...

we've discussed in length in the shep discussion thread about how lonely he is... and i think in whatever relationship he were to get into that would really change the dynamic between them drastically.... i see him as the type would hold back certain parts of his life and past until he absolutely trusted someone and even in a relationship i see him not being completely trusting (can anyone say juicy tension?? ) with that person

i think a lot of this has to do with his relationship to the ancients (i speculate that even though he didn't necessairly know he had this unique gene... or maybe her did ... he felt apart...) and (and this is where the 'ship comes in) i think teyla's connection to the wraith could well give them something to help each other deal with

to add onto this, they really have a fairly similar thing that sets them apart: namely their close connection to an alien race of the pegasus galaxy... but yet at the same time this is completely opposite: shep has the ancient connection; ancients - good (well as far as we know ), while teyla has the wraith connection; warith - evil

they also deal with (i think) their own personal situation in fairly similar ways to each other... shep kinda draws into himself and just has that happy, friendly, easy to be friends with facade on the outside so that he's not COMPLETELY cut off from everyone else (this would be hard in the military) and then joined the military and is willing to fight teyla is a warrior but also seemed fairly closed off and mysterious... like shep we don't know much about her yet and i personally want to know howBOTH of them got to where they are...

so basically i see them as being able to help each other and support each other... and let's not one of them "let's see how many times we can get these characters intop bed together" relationships since i certainly would not see them that way (then again ya never know... people DO get their problems out in different ways.... ).... but more of a caring relationship

and to bring this back to my original point of the thread, i definately see a different kind of relationship that sam/jack because THEY both have lots of tragedy in their life, and they work closely together and grew to love each other but still while they both have that tragic layer, you don't get the sense with either of them that there's something that they REALLY need to help each other deal with and cope with... they're both genuinely open people...

so there's definately a different dynamic there

Comment

oh thank god... im not alone and they are a damned good match together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X