Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zsozso View Post
    One thing that does not make sense to me:
    If Moya is a living ship, shouldn't she get her energy by eating ?
    She gave birth like a mammal, so she doesn't seem to be a plant-life, so shouldn't get energy from the sun via photosynthesis. So a living thing would need to get some sustenance, but there is nothing about that in the show. She is flying through space, supplies oxygen and heat for the crew, but where does she get all the energy for that ?
    I think your thinking about it too hard. Farscape was never particularly interested in techno babble about how things ran in its universe, it was more interested in how the scifi elements affected the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Well it was rape, pure and simple, and was portrayed as such as well.

Farscape always had some pretty disturbing content, who remebers Scorpius making Grunchlk bite off his own fingers? Good Times.
      That dude was funny, he had some great scenes.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        Oh, dear. Have you watched Farscape? THERE WERE NO FALSE JOHNS!!! THEY GUY GOT TWINNED!!! BY THE TIME JOHN WAS IN THE "LOCKET" SITUATION, HE HAD MET JACK AND HAD GOTTEN THE INFO FROM HIM!!!!!!
        CAPS LOCK WAR.

JOHN HAD BEEN GIVEN WORMHOLE KNOWLEDGE, NAMELY HOW TO FIND AND TRAVEL THROUGH WORMHOLES. HE HAD NOT BEEN GIVEN WORMHOLE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

IT TOOK ANCIENT JACK TO GIVE JOHN² THAT INFORMATION WHILE TRYING TO STOP THE SCARRANS AND FURLOW, AND AFTER JOHN² RECEIVED WORMHOLE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE, HE DIED FROM RADIATION POISONING. SO THE ORIGINAL/UN-SPLIT/DEFAULT/SINGLE VERSION OF JOHN NEVER HAD THE INFORMATION SCORPIUS WAS LOOKING FOR WHEN "The Locket" TOOK PLACE A FULL SEASON EARLIER.

IT WAS NOT UNTIL PEACEKEEPER WARS WHEN EINSTEIN GAVE THE OTHER JOHN (WHO WAS THE ORIGINAL, AS YOU NEVER KILL OFF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER AND REPLACE HIM WITH A COPY) GAINED THAT KNOWLEDGE.

And no, never seen an episode of Farscape in my life.

sigpic

Comment

^^ My interpretation was that both Johns carried the knowledge to create weapons, but it was locked away and encrypted. He had it the whole time, but just couldn't access it. And for whatever reason, Harvey couldn't either. Harvey knew there was stuff there but he couldn't decipher it and neither could Scorpy's scientists when he pulled the chip. Though given enough time they might have eventually if Crichton hadn't blown the command carrier.

Originally posted by from Infinite Possibilities
          John: You got a plan?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Something the Ancients wouldn't permit. Their sanctuary's under threat. I believe we can convert this phase stabilizer to another function.

John: We?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Your knowledge of this level of technology is greater than mine. Alone, I'd never be able to complete the modifications in time.

John: Except I don't know how this thing works much less how to modify it - I won't be much help.

Jack/Ancient: Yes you will. During our last encounter, the Ancients embedded something else deep within your memory. The equations to create wormholes. It wasn't meant to be accessed consciously, but merely to guide you.

John: Guide me? Why not just give it to me?

Jack/Ancient: Because it was important that you develop it on your own. Or else not at all.

John: Is that some sorta rule? Only hints otherwise it's cheating?

Jack/Ancient: There were Ancients who didn't want to give you anything. This knowledge is very dangerous.

John: Yeah I know - so give me the useless consolation prize.

Jack/Ancient: No not useless. It was meant to keep you on the right path. Possibly subtracting years from your research.

John: Possibly. Well thanks for the help.

Jack/Ancient: John, this knowledge may save all of our lives here. I can unlock it!

John: And what will your friends think about that?

Jack/Ancient: They'd stop me if they could. If they knew what you and I were creating here, they'd kill us both.

[toss Harvey from the rollercoaster]

Jack/Ancient: John? It's time to go to work. If you're feeling strong enough.

John: I'm good. But ah - you better unlock that wormhole information inside my head.

Jack/Ancient: I just did.

John: You did? Really?

Jack/Ancient: It doesn't happen instantaneously. Your mind couldn't process all those equations at once. Give it a little time.

Originally posted by from PKW
          CRICHTON: Einstein! It's time!

EINSTEIN: Indeed.

CRICHTON: Unlock the knowledge. I have to make peace.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Farscape always had some pretty disturbing content, who remebers Scorpius making Grunchlk bite off his own fingers? Good Times.
          Ugh. I still have a hard time watching that. It's so gross and painful to look at even though I know it's fake and find Grunchlk disgusting.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by saberblade View Post
            caps lock war.

John had been given wormhole knowledge, namely how to find and travel through wormholes. He had not been given wormhole weapon knowledge. There is a big difference.

It took ancient jack to give john² that information while trying to stop the scarrans and furlow, and after john² received wormhole weapon knowledge, he died from radiation poisoning. So the original/un-split/default/single version of john never had the information scorpius was looking for when "the locket" took place a full season earlier.

It was not until peacekeeper wars when einstein gave the other john (who was the original, as you never kill off the original character and replace him with a copy) gained that knowledge.

And no, never seen an episode of farscape in my life.
            War it is.
            WHY DID HARVEY CONTACT SCORPY THEN WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE THE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. SURE HE HAD THE WORMHOLE TRAVELING ONE BUT SCORPY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              War it is.
              WHY DID HARVEY CONTACT SCORPY THEN WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE THE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. SURE HE HAD THE WORMHOLE TRAVELING ONE BUT SCORPY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.
              No. Scorpius cared about being able to just travel through a wormhole when he put the chip in Crichton. That's why he wanted it...to use them to instantaneously send PK fleets to attack Scarran space.

I'm not exactly sure he knew that with that info he could use it to create such weapons at the time he put the chip in John. He just knew Crichton had traveled through a wormhole and then the Ancients put some wormhole knowledge in his head. He didn't know what it did because he'd never seen it used like the dead Crichton used it against the Scarran dreadnought. After that happened then everyone knew they could use wormholes as a weapon rather than just traveling through them.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                ^^ My interpretation was that both Johns carried the knowledge to create weapons, but it was locked away and encrypted. He had it the whole time, but just couldn't access it. And for whatever reason, Harvey couldn't either. Harvey knew there was stuff there but he couldn't decipher it and neither could Scorpy's scientists when he pulled the chip. Though given enough time they might have eventually if Crichton hadn't blown the command carrier.
                Originally posted by from Infinite Possibilities

Spoiler:
                John: You got a plan?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Something the Ancients wouldn't permit. Their sanctuary's under threat. I believe we can convert this phase stabilizer to another function.

John: We?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Your knowledge of this level of technology is greater than mine. Alone, I'd never be able to complete the modifications in time.

John: Except I don't know how this thing works much less how to modify it - I won't be much help.

Jack/Ancient: Yes you will. During our last encounter, the Ancients embedded something else deep within your memory. The equations to create wormholes. It wasn't meant to be accessed consciously, but merely to guide you.

John: Guide me? Why not just give it to me?

Jack/Ancient: Because it was important that you develop it on your own. Or else not at all.

John: Is that some sorta rule? Only hints otherwise it's cheating?

Jack/Ancient: There were Ancients who didn't want to give you anything. This knowledge is very dangerous.

John: Yeah I know - so give me the useless consolation prize.

Jack/Ancient: No not useless. It was meant to keep you on the right path. Possibly subtracting years from your research.

John: Possibly. Well thanks for the help.

Jack/Ancient: John, this knowledge may save all of our lives here. I can unlock it!

John: And what will your friends think about that?

Jack/Ancient: They'd stop me if they could. If they knew what you and I were creating here, they'd kill us both.

[toss Harvey from the rollercoaster]

Jack/Ancient: John? It's time to go to work. If you're feeling strong enough.

John: I'm good. But ah - you better unlock that wormhole information inside my head.

Jack/Ancient: I just did.

John: You did? Really?

Jack/Ancient: It doesn't happen instantaneously. Your mind couldn't process all those equations at once. Give it a little time.

As I first read that post I was like "Hey! When did I post tha- oh right."
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  As I first read that post I was like "Hey! When did I post tha- oh right."
                  Heh. I knew there was a poster with that name so made sure to add the "from" to hopefully note the episode.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Okay just read ur 'argument' so John on Taylen had the weapon knowlodge unlocked, John on Moya didn't
                    Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

P.S Please don't yell at me
                      Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

Fine. Oh, and they both had the *********************************** weapon knowledge inside.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

IMO the only stupid thing about Farscape was that it was cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            IMO the only stupid thing about Farscape was that it was cancelled.
                            I sure second that.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There were at least 5 episodes in every season that I felt were a waste of time for whatever reason, especially being too silly for several of them. 5 out of 22 ain't bad in my books. I can live with that.
                              - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Each of those episodes had their moments IMO. I don't really view any Farscape episodes as totally stupid.
                                I agree, all episodes have merit, there may be somethings that don't exactly work, but the majority ring true. To me this is the only series I have ever watched where the Chemistry between all of the characters is such that you can look beyond any flaws and simply ENJOY it.

Only thing that would make it better would be to bring it back with the original cast.

We want more FARSCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X