Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing a bout Farscape is bad. Though the fact it got cancelled frells me off.

Comment

More a silly scene or two and fun kind of but Chrichton merrily chatting away with the top of his head removed. I mean yeah futuristic and all stuff but it was funny.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And you know what the hell. I know I've been told this is wrong but in my own private head cannon for the show I made up that the wormhole in the pilot episode was made to get John into Peacekeeper space.

Comment

i'm re-watching again, currently in S3, and maybe i'm getting less patient with age, but

- "solar days"
          - replacing Zhaan, a kickass fantastic character ( and beautifully acted by Virginia Hey ) with Screaming Jool
          and the annoying harassing Banik slave.
          - everybody dying so often.
          - rygel still on the ship. he has frelled their plans so many times, its stupid to keep him.
          - john and Aeryn blazing inside Furlow's garage killing Charrids left and right, not one of the hundred soldiers seem able to even aim.
          - john, a scientist on Herp, is the most deadly gunslinger of the known universe.
          - are they going in circles in the uncharted territories? they seem to go visit the same places with such ease...

but really, solar days has me grinding gears...

Comment

Did they ever find the chip in John's head?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Did they ever find the chip in John's head?
              they did, being his eye balls.

the scene is beautifully mastered, the colors, the gimmick.

but the idea.. poor.

http://farscape.madeoffail.net/wp-co.../eye-yi-yi.jpg
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 December 2017, 07:25 AM. Reason: IMG tags edited.

Comment

Originally posted by greenoak View Post
                they did, being his eye balls.

the scene is beautifully mastered, the colors, the gimmick.

but the idea.. poor.

http://farscape.madeoffail.net/wp-co.../eye-yi-yi.jpg

It looks like a neat scene and I vaguely remember it but it's just not practical..

Comment

Oh hell Farscape had steam powered spaceships... I think we saw one in season 1 or 2... That also stretches suspension of disbelief just a little

Scientists at the University of Central Florida (UCF) have teamed up with Honeybee Robotics, a private space and mining tech company based in California, to develop a small, steam-powered spacecraft capable of sucking its fuel right out of the asteroids, planets and moons it's exploring.

By continuously turning extraterrestrial water into steam, this microwave-sized lander could, theoretically, power itself on an indefinite number of planet-hopping missions across the galaxy — so long as it always lands somewhere with H20 for the taking.

We could potentially use this technology to hop on the moon, Ceres, Europa, Titan, Pluto, the poles of Mercury, asteroids — anywhere there is water and sufficiently low gravity," Phil Metzger, a UCF space scientist and one of the chief minds behind the steampunk starship, said in a statement. Metzger added that such a self-sufficient spacecraft could explore the cosmos "forever."

https://www.livescience.com/64487-st...spaceship.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post

Scientists at the University of Central Florida (UCF) have teamed up with Honeybee Robotics, a private space and mining tech company based in California, to develop a small, steam-powered spacecraft capable of sucking its fuel right out of the asteroids, planets and moons it's exploring.

By continuously turning extraterrestrial water into steam, this microwave-sized lander could, theoretically, power itself on an indefinite number of planet-hopping missions across the galaxy — so long as it always lands somewhere with H20 for the taking.

We could potentially use this technology to hop on the moon, Ceres, Europa, Titan, Pluto, the poles of Mercury, asteroids — anywhere there is water and sufficiently low gravity," Phil Metzger, a UCF space scientist and one of the chief minds behind the steampunk starship, said in a statement. Metzger added that such a self-sufficient spacecraft could explore the cosmos "forever."

https://www.livescience.com/64487-st...spaceship.html

That is fair enough but in the show they were shoving what looked like coal and straw into a boiler..... A boiler so clearly this show is fantasy.

Comment

That is fair enough but in the show they were shoving what looked like coal and straw into a boiler..... A boiler so clearly this show is fantasy.
                      I couldn't place what you referring to before for the life of me. Do you mean Staanz's ship from "The Flax" (Season 1, episode 13)? If so, it's actually worse than that as he was burning collectable dolls. They were trying to be satirical, but much of season 1 is a chore for me because of how ridiculous and trope filled it is.
                      Last edited by Xaeden; 30 September 2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                        I couldn't place what you referring to before for the life of me. Do you mean Staanz's ship from "The Flax" (Season 1, episode 13)? If so, it's actually worse than that as he was burning collectable dolls. They were trying to be satirical, but much of season 1 is a chore for me because of how ridiculous and trope filled it is.

Yes it was that ship........ It was just a little too much to take in.

Comment

Working...
                        X