Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

I think that there are several mistakes in Farscape. An example is: in the Locket episode, when Crichton was old, he still had Harvey in his brain who said:"Because I need the wormhole technology locked in your brain!". I mean, wouldn't Harvey have had the technology if it had been 55 cycles? Another odd thing is that after 55 cycles, Harvey still had no control of Crichton although he had it in a few months in new timeline? And why didn't Crichton call Scorpy "Harvey"?
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Don't think I hate Farscape. I love the show, but there a few bad things here and there.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

55 Cycles and still no information just showed that the neural implant would never have gotten the information, as Crichton never had the real wormhole weapon knowledge that Scorpius wanted. In the middle of season three, one of the two John's did get the information to make a basic wormhole weapon but he died shortly after learning it. It wasn't until the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series that Crichton was able to get the full knowledge unlocked and put the fear of God into those seeking the technology. Crichton was basically limited to finding wormholes and using them to cross space, time and dimensions rather than weapons.

As for not taking control, could be anyone's guess. The nebula they were trapped in may have had something to do with it, or knowing that he couldn't escape just meant Harvey had no point in taking over.

As for not calling Scorpius the name Harvey, Harvey is from a James Stewart movie (called Harvey) about a guy who's best friend is a 6ft rabbit called Harvey who only he can see. His friends think he's either drunk or mad but eventually they all realise he's real. So the neural clone is called Harvey (because of the movie) and the real Scorpius is just whatever John feels like calling him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        I think that there are several mistakes in Farscape. An example is: in the Locket episode, when Crichton was old, he still had Harvey in his brain who said:"Because I need the wormhole technology locked in your brain!". I mean, wouldn't Harvey have had the technology if it had been 55 cycles? Another odd thing is that after 55 cycles, Harvey still had no control of Crichton although he had it in a few months in new timeline? And why didn't Crichton call Scorpy "Harvey"?
        Alternate reality.

Only TWO things I didn't like:
        1. Certain scenes and if there was any nudity (but these are nowhere near as bad as "SG"U or other shows and since the series was so good it was largely ignorable).
        2. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!
        The fact that it was cancelled .

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
          Alternate reality.

Only TWO things I didn't like:
          1. Certain scenes and if there was any nudity (but these are nowhere near as bad as "SG"U or other shows and since the series was so good it was largely ignorable).
          2. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!
          The fact that it was cancelled
          Yeah, I totally agree with that point. That was stupid and outrageous.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yeah, I totally agree with that point. That was stupid and outrageous.

*still has fingers crossed for webisodes...and a fifth season*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post

*still has fingers crossed for webisodes...and a fifth season*
              Never give up hope. Not on a show this amazing.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Things in Farscape that are stupid...

"Jeremiah Crichton"
                "Taking the Stone"
                "Meltdown"
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Heeeey...I liked 'Meltdown'
                  (the bit w/ Stark and the alien was over-the-top, but, IMHO, it worked. And the John/Aeryn bits were pure win! )
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    Things in Farscape that are stupid...

"Jeremiah Crichton"
                    "Taking the Stone"
                    "Meltdown"
                    Each of those episodes had their moments IMO. I don't really view any Farscape episodes as totally stupid.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I thought Farscape was fairly consistent in being great, in fact more so than most shows I've watched. So I find there are fewer stupid things than almost any other show I've been a fan of but still... every so often amount the episodes there's a moment that makes you go "Whaaa?"

In "I, E.T." All the aliens can understand John, Pilot and Dargo even though they've never had contact with extraterrestrials and therefore translator microbes before. Which was a little sad because I thought the translator microbes were an excellent way to get past the language barrier. Similarly, all the aliens on Earth seemed to have learned to speak English perfectly for the interviews on camera. I thought only Aeryn was actually learning. All Dargo could say was "Yes, No, Bite... me" in Kansas, but could have recorded conversations a few episodes after that.

And I guess these are spoilers for some episodes but:

There was one episode where the female Hynerian was flushed out into space, and was still able to scream Rygal's name in a vacuum.

I made a thread about this a while back but I still don't understand why in "Infinite Possibilities," Jack the Ancient just let "what's her face" kill him when he was concerned that she'd be a thread earlier in the episode. She actually pulled a gun on him to his face, he smiled and turned around and then she shot him dead. I kept expecting him to return but he was actually just dead. That turned out to be the primary reason that the other John died too.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

My Top Five episodes:
                        Premiere
                        That Old Black Magic
                        Through the Looking Glass
                        All of Liars, Guns and Money
                        John Quijote
                        My Low Four episodes:
                        I, ET
                        Jeremiah Crichton
                        Taking the Stone
                        Back and Back and Back to the Future

Comment

Hmm, one can scream in vacuum, but it should not be heard.
                          Just another example of sacrificing science for the story. Most of the Scifi stuff do that.

Comment

Sure they can, but the worst thing ever happened to Farscape was the first half of Back and Back and Back to the Future.

Comment

John didn't always call Harvey, Harvey, at first. We don't know how long it had been since Harvey decided to reveal himself, so it might have been a relatively new thing.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              55 Cycles and still no information just showed that the neural implant would never have gotten the information, as Crichton never had the real wormhole weapon knowledge that Scorpius wanted. In the middle of season three, one of the two John's did get the information to make a basic wormhole weapon but he died shortly after learning it. It wasn't until the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series that Crichton was able to get the full knowledge unlocked and put the fear of God into those seeking the technology. Crichton was basically limited to finding wormholes and using them to cross space, time and dimensions rather than weapons.

As for not taking control, could be anyone's guess. The nebula they were trapped in may have had something to do with it, or knowing that he couldn't escape just meant Harvey had no point in taking over.

As for not calling Scorpius the name Harvey, Harvey is from a James Stewart movie (called Harvey) about a guy who's best friend is a 6ft rabbit called Harvey who only he can see. His friends think he's either drunk or mad but eventually they all realise he's real. So the neural clone is called Harvey (because of the movie) and the real Scorpius is just whatever John feels like calling him.
                              But the clone DID get the infomation. Not for a weapon but it had completed it's task. It copied every bit of infomation John had locked away at the time. He couldn't build a weapon until Eistein gave him the knowledge in The Peacekeeper Wars.

Comment

Working...
                              X