Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1
    A(Jeremiah Crichton)
    B(Rhapsody In Blue)
    C(Bone To Be Wild)
    Season 2
    A(Vitas Mortis)
    B(Taking The Stone)
    C(Look At The Princess)
    Season 3
    A(Scratch 'N Sniff)
    B(Thanks For Sharing)
    C(The Choice)
    Season 4
    A(Promises)
    B(A Prefect Murder)
    C(We're So Screwed)
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Scartch N Sniff was probably the most one I hate! It just seemed randomly point in season three. Like I said, bad stories for Moya Crew, but leaving the goods for Tayln-Crew.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, Incubator and the Energy Rider weren't that bad(at least a lot better than Meltdown). Scratch N' Sniff was so confusing.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Moya crew had Revenging Angel. That makes everything better
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I found it confusing because it was jumping around so much. When I do a re-watch I'll have to watch it more carefully. The plot was not as confusing. But I do get that they were having fun with it apparently
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Moya crew had Revenging Angel. That makes everything better
              I can't believe I forgot that. That was a big highlight.
              John: Is that a challenge?
              Scorpy: How did you... *hits himself on head* Looney Tunes!! Wasted energy, John. Now focus. Revenge is deep within your psyche. A core vestige from your early evolution, unleash it NOW!!
              John: No.
              Scorpy: This after-school special dissipates our chances of survival, John!!
              John: You really want revenge?
              Scorpy: Oh yes.
              John: Okay.

Just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                IMO the only stupid thing about Farscape was that it was cancelled.
                Amen to that!
                sigpic

Comment

Another thing I'd have to mention is how damn long Aeryn took to get over the Talyn Crichton. I think that's what messed up Season 4 for me, the fact that the Aeryn-Crichton story was getting too much time, suppressing all other things. We barely got anything other than those two near the end. If Season 5 did came along, I would've hoped MUCH less focus on Aeryn and much more focus on the others.

Comment

i think there are a lot of things in farscape that are outrageous and/or stupid. That's what made it farscape. That they weren't afraid to try new things and experiment and just be different. Sometimes it paid off and made it real fun. (say Crackers Don't Matter) Other episodes were just too strange or weird for me to enjoy. (scratch'n'sniff i'm looking at you)

But some stuff i found stupid;-
                    --magic powers. The episodes work but really one of you're villains is unabashedly a dark sorcerer?
                    --Linked to this. Zhaan's spirituality giving her magic powers. Urgh. complete with that episode where she leveled up to her next spell level.
                    --luxan biology. come on, just the expression 'luxan hyper rage' is so silly. And the blood thing... your wound always turn poisonous and will kill you? How did that provided an evolutionary advantage to your species?
                    --hynerian biology. They fart helium. Chemically impossible.

So a lot of these things seem stupid to me. O the other hand they've never seriously detract from my ability to enjoy watching Farscape.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                      i think there are a lot of things in farscape that are outrageous and/or stupid. That's what made it farscape. That they weren't afraid to try new things and experiment and just be different. Sometimes it paid off and made it real fun. (say Crackers Don't Matter) Other episodes were just too strange or weird for me to enjoy. (scratch'n'sniff i'm looking at you)

But some stuff i found stupid;-
                      --magic powers. The episodes work but really one of you're villains is unabashedly a dark sorcerer?
                      --Linked to this. Zhaan's spirituality giving her magic powers. Urgh. complete with that episode where she leveled up to her next spell level.
                      --luxan biology. come on, just the expression 'luxan hyper rage' is so silly. And the blood thing... your wound always turn poisonous and will kill you? How did that provided an evolutionary advantage to your species?
                      --hynerian biology. They fart helium. Chemically impossible.

So a lot of these things seem stupid to me. O the other hand they've never seriously detract from my ability to enjoy watching Farscape.
                      Magic Powers: I don't think they were really magic, it's just that D'Argo was superstitous and the others just referred to it as magic.
                      Biologies: Uh... I really can't tell.
                      Last edited by rushy; 06 August 2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        I think your thinking about it too hard. Farscape was never particularly interested in techno babble about how things ran in its universe, it was more interested in how the scifi elements affected the characters.

Oh hell Farscape had steam powered spaceships... I think we saw one in season 1 or 2... That also stretches suspension of disbelief just a little
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                          There were at least 5 episodes in every season that I felt were a waste of time for whatever reason, especially being too silly for several of them. 5 out of 22 ain't bad in my books. I can live with that.
                          Id say about 15 out of 22 were either embarrassingly stupid or just awful filler eps
                          what kept me watching was the other genius ones, the scorpy stuff.
                          I was walking through a used dvd store and noticed farscape dvds and thought "jackpot"
                          until i noticed they 22 quid each.For a marginal sci fi show Several years after it was cancelled??
                          no sale
                          While im on the subject The biggest problem i had with this great show was
                          the cliff hanger endings

lets review

Crichton and dargo are trapped in orbit with no air watching as the gammak base is blown apart
                          Unable to be rescued due to peacekeepers nearby
                          next season all solved
                          tough dargo does have a fetching tan from then on

Rygel go of to lead a hynerian rebellion,pip joins the nebari resistance dargo goes to hunt down his wife's murderer ,all cast leave etc

next season all back togther

i live with a slightly disappointing resolution t a cliff hanger
                          but these were just insulting

....and relax

Comment

Originally posted by dregj View Post
                            Rygel go of to lead a hynerian rebellion,pip joins the nebari resistance dargo goes to hunt down his wife's murderer ,all cast leave etc

next season all back togther

i live with a slightly disappointing resolution t a cliff hanger
                            but these were just insulting

....and relax
                            I think they should've brought in a(mostly) fresh cast in Season 4. It would've introduced the show to new viewers and maybe even save Farscape from early cancellation. They could've began with John exploring the Uncharted Territories without Moya, trying to stay alive with nothing but his module, Winona and his wits. And of course he makes some new friends and enemies like Sikozu, a Tarkan(new D'Argo), Noranti and an Eidelon.
                            Scorpy could've teamed up with that group and Rygel too, but that's it. The rest of the cast I would've ditched.
                            And John would not be so totally obsessed about Aeryn.
                            They would all be traveling onboard Elack(Moya would be re-introduced in season 5) who dies after the wormhole weapon is unleashed in PKW.

Comment

I am enjoying season 3 but boy it's a weird show.

Back in season 2

That scene where they pulled John's eyeballs out with the optic nerves attached still. Not possible ...... But it does look gross and well that's cool for dramatic effect I guess.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The only episode I felt was a true waste of time was Incubator - the one where we got Scorpius' back story. It made him more sympathetic. All I really needed to know was given to us in the previous season. He hates half of his heritage and would do anything to destroy those people. Now we have to start feeling sorry for him? No. Scorpius is one of the best bad guys out there. I don't want to feel sorry for him. I love to hate him.
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X