Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Things in Farscape that are stupid and outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I seem to remember some.... "blue" uh... nudity.
    Well we saw the back of Zhaan, and Chiana on occasion. And to be honest if we compare the women of SGU and Farscape, the women on SGU were positively prudish in comparison. I don’t remember any of the characters in SGU having an orgasm on screen, or having Chiana’s sex drive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Well we saw the back of Zhaan, and Chiana on occasion. And to be honest if we compare the women of SGU and Farscape, the women on SGU were positively prudish in comparison. I don’t remember any of the characters in SGU having an orgasm on screen, or having Chiana’s sex drive.
    and yet all the women on farscape were actually intelligent and served a purpose!

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Quote Originally Posted by zainea13 View Post
    and yet all the women on farscape were actually intelligent and served a purpose!
    Jool in the long term doesn't seem to have much a purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Jool in the long term doesn't seem to have much a purpose
    I think, had there been a season 5, she would have played a role with the idolons but since that was a 5-10 minute chunk, there wasn't much she could do.

But which female in SGU has purpose?

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by zainea13 View Post

But which female in SGU has purpose?
    Gee, I dunno there was the medic, the civilian leader, the Lieutenant and their continuing storylines.

To be honest I don't want to get into a SGU V Farscape debate, they're both good shows in their own way imo. However I was refuting something that someone in the thread said earlier, that Farscape was more restrained in showing sexuality than SGU. Which isn't true. Farscape often included sexuality in its storylines, often in weird ways. Who remembers the Natira and Scorpius sex scene? You never got anything like that on SGU.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    55 Cycles and still no information just showed that the neural implant would never have gotten the information, as Crichton never had the real wormhole weapon knowledge that Scorpius wanted. In the middle of season three, one of the two John's did get the information to make a basic wormhole weapon but he died shortly after learning it. It wasn't until the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series that Crichton was able to get the full knowledge unlocked and put the fear of God into those seeking the technology. Crichton was basically limited to finding wormholes and using them to cross space, time and dimensions rather than weapons.

As for not taking control, could be anyone's guess. The nebula they were trapped in may have had something to do with it, or knowing that he couldn't escape just meant Harvey had no point in taking over.

As for not calling Scorpius the name Harvey, Harvey is from a James Stewart movie (called Harvey) about a guy who's best friend is a 6ft rabbit called Harvey who only he can see. His friends think he's either drunk or mad but eventually they all realise he's real. So the neural clone is called Harvey (because of the movie) and the real Scorpius is just whatever John feels like calling him.

1.I know where he took the name Harvey, but why didn't he call the CLONE Harvey in the alternate timeline when he did in the real one.
    2. Harvey DID get the technology in the real timeline, why not in the alternate one?

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    He did get the information because Jack gave it to him, during that mission. He never had it before and therefore the real (I say real because they'd not have killed the original) John never had it. He too had to be given it, this time from Einstein.

Oh, dear. Have you watched Farscape? THERE WERE NO FALSE JOHNS!!! THEY GUY GOT TWINNED!!! BY THE TIME JOHN WAS IN THE "LOCKET" SITUATION, HE HAD MET JACK AND HAD GOTTEN THE INFO FROM HIM!!!!!!

Gee, I dunno there was the medic, the civilian leader, the Lieutenant and their continuing storylines.

To be honest I don't want to get into a SGU V Farscape debate, they're both good shows in their own way imo. However I was refuting something that someone in the thread said earlier, that Farscape was more restrained in showing sexuality than SGU. Which isn't true. Farscape often included sexuality in its storylines, often in weird ways. Who remembers the Natira and Scorpius sex scene? You never got anything like that on SGU.
    The Grayza and John scene was pretty disturbing too.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    The Grayza and John scene was pretty disturbing too.
    Well it was rape, pure and simple, and was portrayed as such as well.

Farscape always had some pretty disturbing content, who remebers Scorpius making Grunchlk bite off his own fingers? Good Times.

Airman

One thing that does not make sense to me:
    If Moya is a living ship, shouldn't she get her energy by eating ?
    She gave birth like a mammal, so she doesn't seem to be a plant-life, so shouldn't get energy from the sun via photosynthesis. So a living thing would need to get some sustenance, but there is nothing about that in the show. She is flying through space, supplies oxygen and heat for the crew, but where does she get all the energy for that ?

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by zsozso View Post
    One thing that does not make sense to me:
    If Moya is a living ship, shouldn't she get her energy by eating ?
    She gave birth like a mammal, so she doesn't seem to be a plant-life, so shouldn't get energy from the sun via photosynthesis. So a living thing would need to get some sustenance, but there is nothing about that in the show. She is flying through space, supplies oxygen and heat for the crew, but where does she get all the energy for that ?
    I think your thinking about it too hard. Farscape was never particularly interested in techno babble about how things ran in its universe, it was more interested in how the scifi elements affected the characters.

Well it was rape, pure and simple, and was portrayed as such as well.

Farscape always had some pretty disturbing content, who remebers Scorpius making Grunchlk bite off his own fingers? Good Times.
    That dude was funny, he had some great scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Oh, dear. Have you watched Farscape? THERE WERE NO FALSE JOHNS!!! THEY GUY GOT TWINNED!!! BY THE TIME JOHN WAS IN THE "LOCKET" SITUATION, HE HAD MET JACK AND HAD GOTTEN THE INFO FROM HIM!!!!!!
    CAPS LOCK WAR.

JOHN HAD BEEN GIVEN WORMHOLE KNOWLEDGE, NAMELY HOW TO FIND AND TRAVEL THROUGH WORMHOLES. HE HAD NOT BEEN GIVEN WORMHOLE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

IT TOOK ANCIENT JACK TO GIVE JOHN² THAT INFORMATION WHILE TRYING TO STOP THE SCARRANS AND FURLOW, AND AFTER JOHN² RECEIVED WORMHOLE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE, HE DIED FROM RADIATION POISONING. SO THE ORIGINAL/UN-SPLIT/DEFAULT/SINGLE VERSION OF JOHN NEVER HAD THE INFORMATION SCORPIUS WAS LOOKING FOR WHEN "The Locket" TOOK PLACE A FULL SEASON EARLIER.

IT WAS NOT UNTIL PEACEKEEPER WARS WHEN EINSTEIN GAVE THE OTHER JOHN (WHO WAS THE ORIGINAL, AS YOU NEVER KILL OFF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER AND REPLACE HIM WITH A COPY) GAINED THAT KNOWLEDGE.

And no, never seen an episode of Farscape in my life.

^^ My interpretation was that both Johns carried the knowledge to create weapons, but it was locked away and encrypted. He had it the whole time, but just couldn't access it. And for whatever reason, Harvey couldn't either. Harvey knew there was stuff there but he couldn't decipher it and neither could Scorpy's scientists when he pulled the chip. Though given enough time they might have eventually if Crichton hadn't blown the command carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by from Infinite Possibilities
    John: You got a plan?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Something the Ancients wouldn't permit. Their sanctuary's under threat. I believe we can convert this phase stabilizer to another function.

John: We?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Your knowledge of this level of technology is greater than mine. Alone, I'd never be able to complete the modifications in time.

John: Except I don't know how this thing works much less how to modify it - I won't be much help.

Jack/Ancient: Yes you will. During our last encounter, the Ancients embedded something else deep within your memory. The equations to create wormholes. It wasn't meant to be accessed consciously, but merely to guide you.

John: Guide me? Why not just give it to me?

Jack/Ancient: Because it was important that you develop it on your own. Or else not at all.

John: Is that some sorta rule? Only hints otherwise it's cheating?

Jack/Ancient: There were Ancients who didn't want to give you anything. This knowledge is very dangerous.

John: Yeah I know - so give me the useless consolation prize.

Jack/Ancient: No not useless. It was meant to keep you on the right path. Possibly subtracting years from your research.

John: Possibly. Well thanks for the help.

Jack/Ancient: John, this knowledge may save all of our lives here. I can unlock it!

John: And what will your friends think about that?

Jack/Ancient: They'd stop me if they could. If they knew what you and I were creating here, they'd kill us both.

[toss Harvey from the rollercoaster]

Jack/Ancient: John? It's time to go to work. If you're feeling strong enough.

John: I'm good. But ah - you better unlock that wormhole information inside my head.

Jack/Ancient: I just did.

John: You did? Really?

Jack/Ancient: It doesn't happen instantaneously. Your mind couldn't process all those equations at once. Give it a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by from PKW
    CRICHTON: Einstein! It's time!

EINSTEIN: Indeed.

CRICHTON: Unlock the knowledge. I have to make peace.

Ugh. I still have a hard time watching that. It's so gross and painful to look at even though I know it's fake and find Grunchlk disgusting.
    IMO always implied.

Quote Originally Posted by saberblade View Post
    caps lock war.

John had been given wormhole knowledge, namely how to find and travel through wormholes. He had not been given wormhole weapon knowledge. There is a big difference.

It took ancient jack to give john² that information while trying to stop the scarrans and furlow, and after john² received wormhole weapon knowledge, he died from radiation poisoning. So the original/un-split/default/single version of john never had the information scorpius was looking for when "the locket" took place a full season earlier.

It was not until peacekeeper wars when einstein gave the other john (who was the original, as you never kill off the original character and replace him with a copy) gained that knowledge.

And no, never seen an episode of farscape in my life.
    War it is.
    WHY DID HARVEY CONTACT SCORPY THEN WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE THE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. SURE HE HAD THE WORMHOLE TRAVELING ONE BUT SCORPY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    War it is.
    WHY DID HARVEY CONTACT SCORPY THEN WHEN HE DIDN'T HAVE THE WEAPON KNOWLEDGE. SURE HE HAD THE WORMHOLE TRAVELING ONE BUT SCORPY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.
    No. Scorpius cared about being able to just travel through a wormhole when he put the chip in Crichton. That's why he wanted it...to use them to instantaneously send PK fleets to attack Scarran space.

I'm not exactly sure he knew that with that info he could use it to create such weapons at the time he put the chip in John. He just knew Crichton had traveled through a wormhole and then the Ancients put some wormhole knowledge in his head. He didn't know what it did because he'd never seen it used like the dead Crichton used it against the Scarran dreadnought. After that happened then everyone knew they could use wormholes as a weapon rather than just traveling through them.
    IMO always implied.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    ^^ My interpretation was that both Johns carried the knowledge to create weapons, but it was locked away and encrypted. He had it the whole time, but just couldn't access it. And for whatever reason, Harvey couldn't either. Harvey knew there was stuff there but he couldn't decipher it and neither could Scorpy's scientists when he pulled the chip. Though given enough time they might have eventually if Crichton hadn't blown the command carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by from Infinite Possibilities

Spoiler:
    John: You got a plan?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Something the Ancients wouldn't permit. Their sanctuary's under threat. I believe we can convert this phase stabilizer to another function.

John: We?

Jack/Ancient: Yes. Your knowledge of this level of technology is greater than mine. Alone, I'd never be able to complete the modifications in time.

John: Except I don't know how this thing works much less how to modify it - I won't be much help.

Jack/Ancient: Yes you will. During our last encounter, the Ancients embedded something else deep within your memory. The equations to create wormholes. It wasn't meant to be accessed consciously, but merely to guide you.

John: Guide me? Why not just give it to me?

Jack/Ancient: Because it was important that you develop it on your own. Or else not at all.

John: Is that some sorta rule? Only hints otherwise it's cheating?

Jack/Ancient: There were Ancients who didn't want to give you anything. This knowledge is very dangerous.

John: Yeah I know - so give me the useless consolation prize.

Jack/Ancient: No not useless. It was meant to keep you on the right path. Possibly subtracting years from your research.

John: Possibly. Well thanks for the help.

Jack/Ancient: John, this knowledge may save all of our lives here. I can unlock it!

John: And what will your friends think about that?

Jack/Ancient: They'd stop me if they could. If they knew what you and I were creating here, they'd kill us both.

[toss Harvey from the rollercoaster]

Jack/Ancient: John? It's time to go to work. If you're feeling strong enough.

John: I'm good. But ah - you better unlock that wormhole information inside my head.

Jack/Ancient: I just did.

John: You did? Really?

Jack/Ancient: It doesn't happen instantaneously. Your mind couldn't process all those equations at once. Give it a little time.

As I first read that post I was like "Hey! When did I post tha- oh right."
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    As I first read that post I was like "Hey! When did I post tha- oh right."
    Heh. I knew there was a poster with that name so made sure to add the "from" to hopefully note the episode.
    IMO always implied.

Second Lieutenant rockstarsister's Avatar

Okay just read ur 'argument' so John on Taylen had the weapon knowlodge unlocked, John on Moya didn't
    Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Second Lieutenant rockstarsister's Avatar

P.S Please don't yell at me
    Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville