You Can't Handle the Truth (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Can't Handle the Truth (606)

THE TRUTH HURTS — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a series of suicides and discover the victims were being told brutal truths that drove them crazy. They find out someone is invoking the Goddess of Truth, Veritas, forcing people to be cruelly honest against their will and Dean is the next victim. Dean is forced to tell Sam the truth about how he feels about his return from Hell. Rod Hardy directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder with story by David Reed, Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

As much as I love Sam and his asshat ways, I bet he didn't see that coming. Dean wins this episode, closely followed by Bobby's uncomfortable confessions. "My first girlfriend turned out to be a-"
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

first off... who was the blonde friend?

Spoiler:
      Sam doesn't feel anything? .... has he lost his soul as a few theories i've seen suggest?

That was intense and crazy at the end... did not expect that to happen....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Very good episode. I will probably not really remember the plot too well in a few months, but it was definitely needed in moving the Sam stuff to the front. Now I feel like it'll start moving like a snowball down a hill.

After these last episodes, I was really starting to worry about Sam, even kinda hate him. But after that confession (which I'm not sure why he waited until then to confess), I'm not as worried, and I feel like he may be able to be fully redeemed. And it think this is different from the demon blood stuff, because now he knows he needs and wants help. He knows, even though he's a better hunter now, he can't live like he is.

And Dean's little confession was a little heartbreaking. He was so happy when he got to play 'daddy' whether to Ben or just for a little bit to Bobby John. But there is no way he couldn't turn into John if he was to raise a kid. And while we already knew all that stuff about him, just hearing him say "I ain't a father. I'm a killer" was sad. And I do think Sam might have felt a little something, at least judging by his face, when Dean said the last few days he wanted to kill him in his sleep. Hearing that after all they've done for each other was a little...scary?

Well, I think that's all I got for now.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't ever want to go to the dentist again!!!!

It took me 3 decades to get over the scene in 'Marathon Man' (which was of course referenced by Dean!)

Just when I thought we would actually find out about what is going on with Sam....in true SPN style we are left waiting to find out for a bit longer! So none the wiser as to what he is, what happened to him in the 'pit', but something is manipulating him. His plaintive puppy dog look denials now have a sinister feel behind them!

Comment

Poor Dean and Sam. Will they ever get back to where they once were? Great episode though. Next week should really be something.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not really sure how I feel about this episode. I've watched it twice now - minus the extra gory bits the second time around... seriously, was that really necessary? - and it hasn't really excited me. Apart from some Dean closeups that I'm gonna cap in XXL for sure.

I think it started with the sneak peek already. Dean calling Cas a 'dick' is getting SO old. As is Dean running around with a constant frown on his face, worried about his Sammy. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I like this new Sam. I think it's the most interesting he's ever been. That skin deep sweet demeanor, alternating with the heartless SOB stuff really appeals to me. But I'm ready to be done with this mystery, just to get the boys on a somewhat brotherly footing again. I mean, that's what the show is all about.

One thing I did like was Bobby's confession to Dean. That was hilarious, and Jim Beaver's rendition was top notch, as was Dean's reaction to it.

The concept of Veritas was kinda cool, but I didn't feel the actress delivered. Which is surprising, usually the guest stars cast on the show are really good.

Something else that's muddling up the story line - is this the end between Dean and Lisa? I would have preferred a clean cut - if it had to come. I for one don't mind their little 'arrangement', I like it that Dean has something 'normal' in his life that he can hold on to. Losing her would just add another ton to the load Dean's already carrying, and I'm tired of seeing him so broken and hollow all the time.

And finally, the last scene. I love me some brother-on-brother action, but they should go toe-to-toe, not one beating the other one to a pulp when he's not even fighting back. (Unless their being worn by Lucifer.) And the end came too suddenly, when the screen went black I was like WTF, that can't be it. Just one extra line, or an expression on Dean's face to give us a clue what this was all about. I guess it was not only Dean punishing Sam for using him as bait, it was also getting rid of his frustration that Sam knew there was something wrong with him and tried to keep it from his brother all this time. But I still wanted to know if Dean's feelings afterwords were more of regret or satisfaction.

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant. But the more I think about it, the less I liked this episode. The silver lining, however, is that hopefully the brothers will pull together now to figure out what's wrong with Sam. So, I'm looking forward to next week's episode as always.

sigpic
              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I definitely see your point, stars. I think the ultimate value in this episode was to get started on fixing Sam. And I don't mind the new harder Sam. I actually think it's much more believable than the Sam of S1 and S2, but I just wish he wasn't so hard when it came to Dean. But Jared is doing a good job of creeping my out with some of new Sam's reactions.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                  And finally, the last scene. I love me some brother-on-brother action, but they should go toe-to-toe, not one beating the other one to a pulp when he's not even fighting back. (Unless their being worn by Lucifer.) And the end came too suddenly, when the screen went black I was like WTF, that can't be it. Just one extra line, or an expression on Dean's face to give us a clue what this was all about. I guess it was not only Dean punishing Sam for using him as bait, it was also getting rid of his frustration that Sam knew there was something wrong with him and tried to keep it from his brother all this time. But I still wanted to know if Dean's feelings afterwords were more of regret or satisfaction.

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant. But the more I think about it, the less I liked this episode. The silver lining, however, is that hopefully the brothers will pull together now to figure out what's wrong with Sam. So, I'm looking forward to next week's episode as always.
                  That wasn't why he was beating him.

Note that in the past when Sam has done something like that's it's only really resoted in Dean punching him once or twice. He'd never beat his brother to a bloody pulp like that........except that this time Sam had done something that made Dean more angry than he had ever been, and that was putting Lisa and Ben in danger. You could see it sink in Deans mind. It wasn't the fact that he watched him get turned, it wasn't the fact that he had been lying this whole time. It was coupled with the fact that in the end, by letting Dean get turned he had directly put Lisa and Ben in danger and Sam doesn't even care.

That's the thing about this latest season. Supernatural has always had a thing about family, and the first 5 seasons were all about brotherly love and the love between fathers and sons. But in a way that's a very innocent and naieve love. That is to say, that when you're growing upand you're as close brothers as Sam and Dean are you will do anything for eachother, you will die for eachother.
                  However season 6 is something different. This is about Dean growing up. It's about him having his own family. And when you have your own family with your own kid to look out for (I know Ben isn't really Dean's kid but he's as good as) then that becomes a priority and you would kill your own brother to protect them.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    That wasn't why he was beating him.

Note that in the past when Sam has done something like that's it's only really resoted in Dean punching him once or twice. He'd never beat his brother to a bloody pulp like that........except that this time Sam had done something that made Dean more angry than he had ever been, and that was putting Lisa and Ben in danger. You could see it sink in Deans mind. It wasn't the fact that he watched him get turned, it wasn't the fact that he had been lying this whole time. It was coupled with the fact that in the end, by letting Dean get turned he had directly put Lisa and Ben in danger and Sam doesn't even care.

That's the thing about this latest season. Supernatural has always had a thing about family, and the first 5 seasons were all about brotherly love and the love between fathers and sons. But in a way that's a very innocent and naieve love. That is to say, that when you're growing upand you're as close brothers as Sam and Dean are you will do anything for eachother, you will die for eachother.
                    However season 6 is something different. This is about Dean growing up. It's about him having his own family. And when you have your own family with your own kid to look out for (I know Ben isn't really Dean's kid but he's as good as) then that becomes a priority and you would kill your own brother to protect them.
                    That makes sense. Thanks for straightening me out.

sigpic
                    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                      That makes sense. Thanks for straightening me out.
                      You're welcome.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I really liked this weeks episdoe. It had a little bit of everything that I love about the show. It had some Dean and Bobby interaction, some Dean and Cas interaction and some great Sam and Dean moments. Thought the conversation between Dean and Bobby was hilarious and I absolutely needed the humor after my cat, who was like my baby, died Thursday night. The conversation between Cas and Dean was a good blend of humor, angst and annoyance on Deans part.

Loved the conversation between Lisa and Dean. I thought that Dean's confession was heartbreaking.

As for the Dean and Sam stuff. LOVED IT! I love this seasons Sam, Jared is doing an absolutely amazing job playing bad-a** Sam. I liked his confession at the end and and Dean's following beat down.

Overall an enjoyable episode that has definately become one of my favorites. It had a little bit of everything that I've come to enjoy in SPN and it was able to move the story along just enough that it didn't loose anything in traslation. Something that I've found few shows are able to do. Can't wait for next weeks episode. A quarter of the way through the season and so far I'm loving it. It can only get greater from here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I don't ever want to go to the dentist again!!!!

It took me 3 decades to get over the scene in 'Marathon Man' (which was of course referenced by Dean!)

Just when I thought we would actually find out about what is going on with Sam....in true SPN style we are left waiting to find out for a bit longer! So none the wiser as to what he is, what happened to him in the 'pit', but something is manipulating him. His plaintive puppy dog look denials now have a sinister feel behind them!
                          Atleast supernatural's mysteries doesn't span an entire series, like some shows (lost).

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                            Atleast supernatural's mysteries doesn't span an entire series, like some shows (lost).
                            I know that one. After faithfully watching LOST for all 6 years, no show can move too slow. the SPN writers have a way of giving us a nice decent pace.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                              I know that one. After faithfully watching LOST for all 6 years, no show can move too slow. the SPN writers have a way of giving us a nice decent pace.
                              Yeah, they really do. They have always kept things at a nice pace.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X