No announcement yet.

You Can't Handle the Truth (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I must say that the 6th season of this show is shaping up nicely! I was a little worried with the changes...but it seems to be working out well. I felt something was missing at the beginning of the season, but now I don't feel that there's anything missing.
    sigpic

Comment

That was some ending! I didn‘t like it. At all! It left me totally in the blank, didn‘t help me with my anger about Dean hitting Sam again and again - and so I think it was a great ending and fully intended to leave the audience with a shock.

I liked the episode, but I didn‘t manage to re-watch it yet, but I wanna write some points anyway.

Oh, and I had some problems understanding everything, so please correct me if I got stuff wrong.

Lisa: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If this is the end of Dean and Lisa I am gonna be so mad! Why, oh why couldn‘t Dean be honest in this situation and tell her: „I was dangerous, I thought I was going to die and I just wanted to say Bye - which was a stupid idea. I am so sorry.“ Why couldn‘t he?

Cass. His appearance was far to short, but I guess it was just the beginning of bringing Cass back on a more regular basis, because considering his state, there is a lot of stuff going on upstairs. The way he poured in deans whiskey made me think, that he might which he would be able to drink that stuff as well without needing a full liquor store to feel something.

Concerning alcohol: they definitely overdid it in this episode. Dean drank at least one bottle of whiskey (at leat 3/4th in the motel and the at least another 3 shots in the bar) and instead of falling into a coma he sat behind the wheels of the Impala. NOT COOL. I am normally not too picky with the show (where as I am more than just a bit picky about drinking and driving IRL), but this was way too much, sorry.

I liked the red herring with the horns. Or: is it a red herring? Was it ever said, that the missing horn wasn‘t Gabriels horn of truth for sure?

I am considering that we got Bobbys worst case scenario. We are dealing with the real Sam. Even if he is not human. But what is he? The answer provided in the promo can‘t be the whole thing, because it doesn‘t answer the „not human“ part.

The scene with Dean and Bobby was already funny in the promo, but they even managed to top it

Dentist = too gory. YIKES! And I didn‘t even understand what really happened. Did the guy sleep with the dentists daughter or did he kill her? I think he „just“ slept with her, but why was he so sure that she wouldn‘t tell it? This was also the scene where the omnipresent TV sprung into my eyes. Is it common to have TVs at the dentist?
      Jesus, why did we need another bunch of dismembered bodies? I can live with less!

Still, the episode delivered a good base for all the anger and fear which built up in Dean. The way he did not trust Sam was palpable (<-?) and gave me goose bumps. At the same time it was also clear, that Sam was sometimes Sam and sometimes not. The way he put the woman under pressure to tell that she lied was so wrong and so not Sam, and the way Dean looked at the scene transported so much distrust and disbelieve.

With the final scene I am with those who said, that it wasn‘t just the anger about lying, but Dean realized, that Sam had not put himself but especially his new family in danger, a family he had only because Sam wanted him to have it. And because of this he now lost it because Lisa dumped him. And the only thing that Sam could give him for all this was, that he did not care.

Am I am the only one who expected Cass to show up and stop Dean?

So we have ANOTHER episode which just wants to make me watch the next one. They are pretty good at this this season, aren‘t they?

Two side notes:
      - SPN buys at IKEA. Photographic proof will be delivered soon.
      - I now prefer to write Cass instead of Cas. Just because Dean had him under "Cass" in his mobile"
      Last edited by iolanda; 01 November 2010, 03:54 PM.
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

All good points. About the dentist office TVs. Yes, they are quite common. Every chair at my orthodontist had a tv. It's good for keeping kids calm. I did feel that it was a little in-your-face about having the news anchor on every time there was a TV though.
        sigpic

Comment

@iolanda: it did shock me!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X