This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    A reduced Myka would have been know about weeks ago. In the entertainment business actors schedule would have been known. As for her post production shows as long as the actor is their for the production W13 she can seek any project she wants and not breech contract
    Most of the stuff Joanne has filmed has already aired or is totally done now. The one thing that is in post production is the movie Last Stop which filming for it wrapped a couple years ago. What ever is going on with it now is probably funding or backing issues to get it either on DVD or into theaters.

I also think that if Joanne has really left the show, that news would have been out by now. This "Is Myka coming back or not?" is just a ploy, much like the "Did Artie really blow up?" at the end of S1. It's called a cliffhanger for a reason people. They want fans to come back. TV shows have employed the cliffhanger for decades.

I have no doubt that Joanne will be back.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Surprised at the (inexplicable, IMO) Claudia hate. She brings excellent colour to the show and cast; I couldn't imagine it without her.
    For some folks, the "hate" or in my case, not so much hate but I don't love her as much as I do other characters, it's a case of Allison is more inclined to do promotional work and interact with the fans via Twitter. She's out there with Eddie promoting the show while Saul & Joanne don't promote it as much. Not sure why Saul doesn't but I know that Joanne is really shy (she admits it in an interview with ChicagoMovieGuy on YouTube from last years San Diego Comic Con) and another reliable source told me that she doesn't really enjoy doing interviews (again, I think this ties into the whole being shy thing).

I'm also not one who thinks the show needed Claudia. Hear me out, there are a lot of Claudia fans claiming that the show was basically dying before she was added. Really? In three eps you (those who believe this mind you) know for a fact that the show was already tanking? Yes, Claudia brings color to the show and I don't generally mind her addition. What I do mind is that some fans seem to think that she is the be all and end all of this show. She's not. She is part of an ensemble cast and if you take ONE of them away, it will ruin the show, imho. Before she was added, the show was not dying and I enjoyed it quite well. I still enjoy it and still think it didn't "need" Claudia as much as some fans do. They could have easily upped Leena's role and I think it would have worked well. Hopefully Leena's role will be increased in S3. But only time will tell.
    Last edited by SunKrux; 13 April 2011, 06:50 AM.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
      Also, I love how young a field agent can be with no experience whatsoever? LOL. Explain that Jack Kenny? I will add if they had kept Claudia as Steampunk Claudia then I could tolerate her a little now she is a whiny little prissy with a swelled head to match. Enough of the Wesley Crusher clones please? (MHO)

Leena fits Artie like a glove, thought they were married at first in the pilot episode. Now they changed that concept completely. why have Leena if they aren't going to use her?

Claudia doesn't fit, she is a forced character and I loath forced characters. Jack Kenny we know who you favorite but enough of Claudia already!
      Do you like anything about this show? I'm kind of surprised you're still watching it, especially since I thought you said you were stopping before.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        For some folks, the "hate" or in my case, not so much hate but I don't love her as much as I do other characters, it's a case of Allison is more inclined to do promotional work and interact with the fans via Twitter. She's out there with Eddie promoting the show while Saul & Joanne don't promote it as much. Not sure why Saul doesn't but I know that Joanne is really shy (she admits it in an interview with ChicagoMovieGuy on YouTube from last years San Diego Comic Con) and another reliable source told me that she doesn't really enjoy doing interviews (again, I think this ties into the whole being shy thing).

I'm also not one who thinks the show needed Claudia. Hear me out, there are a lot of Claudia fans claiming that the show was basically dying before she was added. Really? In three eps you (those who believe this mind you) know for a fact that the show was already tanking? Yes, Claudia brings color to the show and I don't generally mind her addition. What I do mind is that some fans seem to think that she is the be all and end all of this show. She's not. She is part of an ensemble cast and if you take ONE of them away, it will ruin the show, imho. Before she was added, the show was not dying and I enjoyed it quite well. I still enjoy it and still think it didn't "need" Claudia as much as some fans do. They could have easily upped Leena's role and I think it would have worked well. Hopefully Leena's role will be increased in S3. But only time will tell.
        Erm...having a hard time trying to figure out your point there...what does that have to do with Claudia?

Part of the reason why Claudia, imo, has a good story is because of her early conflict with Leena. Unfortunately those two didn't interact as much later on. She would have been a great way to gage Claudia, and I guess she still can be. From my point of view, it looks like Claudia and Leena were supposed to be developed together, but the actress' pregnancy got in the way. I would have loved to see that in the last season. Hopefully they could do something like that this season.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Erm...having a hard time trying to figure out your point there...what does that have to do with Claudia?
          What does it have to do with Claudia? From the stand point of someone who never thought Claudia was needed, Allison (you know the actress who plays her? ) and in turn Claudia, imho, are kinda forced down the fans throats due to the fact that Allison (and I have nothing against her or Claudia) is more willing to promote the show and herself. SyFy and the producers are the ones who asked her to be on Twitter and what not. They have, imho, done a lot more with her than with Leena. I totally understand why and hold nothing against Claudia (or Allison) for it.

But basically my point is this, I have never thought that Claudia was needed to save the show, like so many Claudia fans keep trying to convince me otherwise.

Part of the reason why Claudia, imo, has a good story is because of her early conflict with Leena. Unfortunately those two didn't interact as much later on. She would have been a great way to gage Claudia, and I guess she still can be. From my point of view, it looks like Claudia and Leena were supposed to be developed together, but the actress' pregnancy got in the way. I would have loved to see that in the last season. Hopefully they could do something like that this season.
          I'm hoping this as well, that we get more development of Leena. For me, Claudia is pretty much developed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            What does it have to do with Claudia? From the stand point of someone who never thought Claudia was needed, Allison (you know the actress who plays her? ) and in turn Claudia, imho, are kinda forced down the fans throats due to the fact that Allison (and I have nothing against her or Claudia) is more willing to promote the show and herself. SyFy and the producers are the ones who asked her to be on Twitter and what not. They have, imho, done a lot more with her than with Leena. I totally understand why and hold nothing against Claudia (or Allison) for it.

But basically my point is this, I have never thought that Claudia was needed to save the show, like so many Claudia fans keep trying to convince me otherwise.

I'm hoping this as well, that we get more development of Leena. For me, Claudia is pretty much developed.
            Leena will have to play catch up. Give her three Leena centric episodes, then they'll be on par.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not a super Claudia fan or anything, but I personally think the show got more interesting when she arrived. Dunno whether that was coincidence, the change in the dynamic, or both.

Honestly (and nobody shoot me!), I think Pete and Myka can sometimes be a bit boring by themselves--but they're much better when combined. As far as character interest goes, Artie and Claudia are tied at the top, Pete and Myka are a pretty close second, and Leena's third.

Mrs. Frederic has her own category (of awesomeness).
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

not sure if you guys seen this yet:

http://video.syfy.com/shows/warehous...se-13/v1324512
                "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by GWF View Post
                  not sure if you guys seen this yet:

http://video.syfy.com/shows/warehous...se-13/v1324512
                  Sounds like Myka could be gone for good.
                  We'll just have to wait and see.
                  I've been nursing a theory that we'll hear about or even see her trying to adjust to life outside the Warehouse throughout the season but she'll get hooked back in by the finale.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Sounds like Myka could be gone for good.
                    We'll just have to wait and see.
                    I've been nursing a theory that we'll hear about or even see her trying to adjust to life outside the Warehouse throughout the season but she'll get hooked back in by the finale.
                    People said the same thing about Artie last year.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

The return of H.G Wells is needed! Jaime Murray is an amazing actress.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        People said the same thing about Artie last year.

Either the writers are really good or the fans are really gullible
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

I say good writing and the producers are really good at controling what spoilers are allowed to get out.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Considering last year a tweeted photo of the first table read kinda spoiled the fact that Artie wasn't really dead, Saul was in the photo. I think they learned their lesson in how to control what Eddie, Allison and some of the writers tweet until the show is already running.

I have complete faith that Joanne & Myka will be back.
                            sigpic

Comment

Weeeelll....the situation with Artie was different. The character never said anything about wanting to leave the warehouse, he exploded--and an abrupt death like that (of a major character, anyway) almost never lasts, especially in a cliffie episode. It's a lot harder to bring someone back if they're a little pile of ashes.

Myka, on the other hand,
                              Spoiler:
                              decided to leave. That means (to me, anyway) that the writers have more flexibility with her situation--she could either be coming back or actually gone.

The fact remains, however, that I don't think Joanne Kelly really would have wanted to leave the show. They looked like they were having a lot of fun, and as far as I know the audience liked the Pete/Myka interaction. And hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                                Weeeelll....the situation with Artie was different. The character never said anything about wanting to leave the warehouse, he exploded--and an abrupt death like that (of a major character, anyway) almost never lasts, especially in a cliffie episode. It's a lot harder to bring someone back if they're a little pile of ashes.

Myka, on the other hand,
                                Spoiler:
                                decided to leave. That means (to me, anyway) that the writers have more flexibility with her situation--she could either be coming back or actually gone.

The fact remains, however, that I don't think Joanne Kelly really would have wanted to leave the show. They looked like they were having a lot of fun, and as far as I know the audience liked the Pete/Myka interaction. And hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                                The thing with Artie at the end of S1 isn't really that much different than what they did at the end of S2. The only difference is that Myka's life isn't in the balance. Her choice to leave or come back to the Warehouse is. As I said earlier, TPTB are better this year at controlling what has and hasn't been said or even "leaked" about how S3 will start or how they'll bring Myka back. I have no doubt that Joanne Kelly has NOT left the show. Considering how much she and the other cast members LOVE working on the show, the only way I could see her leaving is if it was a personal/family emergency and she would have released something about that by now.

So Myka will be back. It's just a matter of how and when.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X