Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Live - The Monsters Are Coming (2010) Post-Viewing Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who Live - The Monsters Are Coming (2010) Post-Viewing Discussion (SPOILERS!)

*** SPOILERS WILL ENSUE UNTAGGED ***

For all those who have seen, or will see the Doctor Who Live stage show, discuss it here!

I've just seen the opening night, yes, Matt Smith WAS in the audiance, and it was absolutely amazing! I'll look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

One of the things I loved was how it was linked to the 3rd Doctor story - 'The Carnival of Monsters'. Nice bit of continuity there. The plot was straight forward, particularly after reading the programme, but terribly well executed! I was beaming like a ten year old throughout the entire thing, I had no idea that I could actually feel like so much of a child again, but it was fantastic to just get caught up in the magic of the experience. Seeing Judoon trooping down the aisles, cataloguing humans was really terrific. Then add onto the Cybermen, Silurians, Vampires of Venice, and of course the Daleks, it was a brilliant, and above all, unforgetable night.

Interestingly, I only saw two (adult) audiance members in costume, they were the Doctor and Amy as it happens (let us know if it was you!) - suffice to say I did not attend in costume, not that there's anything wrong with that, but my girlfriend might have ended things over it...

If you're a spoiler junkie and in here deciding whether or not to go, I STRONGLY reccomend it. It was absolutely amazing, with some wonderful music, as well as great images from the tv series and brilliant recorded footage of Matt Smith being, frankly imo, one of the greatest Doctors of all time!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I've seen it advertised and have thought about going to it, but I am not sure if I want to. It would be cool to see, but I think you being lucky enough to have Matt Smith in the audience is a lot more than we'd get. I would probably jump at the chance if some of the TV cast were involved but if it's just going to be people in suits, I may not bother.

sigpic

Comment

I wish I had the money to go.

I'll be meeting Matt and Karen in HMV on Oxford Street next month though, so at least that'll be something.

I wish I had bought tickets for Doctor Who Live instead of Top Gear Live now.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I've seen it advertised and have thought about going to it, but I am not sure if I want to. It would be cool to see, but I think you being lucky enough to have Matt Smith in the audience is a lot more than we'd get. I would probably jump at the chance if some of the TV cast were involved but if it's just going to be people in suits, I may not bother.
        Well, to be fair, it's more than just people in suits, the Doctor has a very visible role within the story line, and through technology is convincingly incorporated into the show. In fact, most of the real plot is advanced through dialogue between Vorgenson (the antagonist) and the Doctor. You're right though, it was lucky that Smith was in the audiance.

Originally posted by Billz View Post
        I wish I had the money to go.

I'll be meeting Matt and Karen in HMV on Oxford Street next month though, so at least that'll be something.

I wish I had bought tickets for Doctor Who Live instead of Top Gear Live now.
        I know what you mean, I was lucky that my ticket was an early birthday present as I'm going to be away for the next few months. Cool that you'll be meeting the two of them though, whast's the occasion?

I'm sure Top Gear Live will be good!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of taking my daughter to see this at Manchester but I don't know if my finances will allow me. The whole thing sounds such fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Cool that you'll be meeting the two of them though, whast's the occasion?

I'm sure Top Gear Live will be good!
            Matt and Karen will be signing the season 5 DVD and blu-ray set that is being released on November 8th. They are doing this signing for any fan willing to make the trip to HMV on Oxford Street, but only between 1pm and 3pm. I have to leave quite early since I'm on the edge of London and since it will probably have a que outside the store about a mile long, lol!
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
            X