Favourite Moments/Quotes/Hallucinations from 'Aftermath'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Hallucinations from 'Aftermath'

I think, despite the depressing episode, we still need a good ol' positive favourite moments/quotes/hallucinations thread. Bit late, but stuff happens. So, without further ado...

Quotes:

Rush (About Young, to his dead wife hallucination): "The man is mentally unstable."

Scott: "D'you want me to flip the switch or not?"

Eli: "Yeah, yeah, I'm sure, flip the switch."

Scott: "I'm flippin' the switch!"

Eli: "Flip it, already!"

- I don't know about anybody else, but the delivery of that killed me.

Moments:

- Young beating the hell out of that one soldier guy, Telford of all people playing peacemaker.

- Ginn/Wray interrogation. Mainly because of Ginn. Julie McNiven woo!

- Riley's death scene. Brilliantly acted by LF and HS, loved the lack of soundtrack, and it was absolutely gutwrenching to watch. Sucks that Riley had to die, but it was well done, at least.

Hallucinations: Gloria > Franklin.

Anybody else?
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

GLORIA: Big red X generally means "danger -- don't go there," doesn't it?

RUSH: One of two things is happening here. Either I'm losing my mind or you and Doctor Franklin have somehow been manifested by the ship in order to communicate with me. Now, he tends to be a little bit more helpful when it comes to technical matters.
    sigpic

Comment

gotta wait till tonight until I can list mine but yeah, Rush's commenting that Young is unstable will go down in history
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Ummm... I'm afraid I have to do it again... Everything. It was chock-full of amazing moments.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Rush (About Young, to his dead wife hallucination): "The man is mentally unstable."
          This was by far my favorite moment. I love that Rush is so matter-of-fact in his discussions with his hallucinations/Destiny avatars/combination of both.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Every line in this episode beats "We'll never be done!". On second thought, "We'll never be done!" was quite ingenious in its badness.

Comment

WALLACE (nervously): You know, I think I remember reading somewhere that a big enough explosion close enough to a Stargate can ... can detonate the super-conductive material that it's made of. The resulting explosion can take a chunk out of a planet!

VOLKER: Well, it's not gonna ... it's not gonna be that big.

(He looks nervously towards Scott, as does Eli.)

WALLACE: You sure?

SCOTT: I ... we don't have much of a choice, do we? It could take weeks to dig this thing out.

WALLACE: Hopefully the blast won't damage the Gate.

SCOTT: D'you want me to flip the switch or not?

(Eli looks round at the others but none of them can help. He turns back to Matt.)

WALLACE: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure, flip the switch.

SCOTT: I'm flippin' the switch!

WALLACE: Flip it, already!

(They all cower down. Scott takes one last look over the top of the rocks.)

SCOTT: Fire in the hole!

(Lowering his head again, he flips the switch and a massive explosion goes off nearby. Dust and debris rain down for a while, then Eli peers over the top of their cover.)

WALLACE: That was pretty big!

Comment

Greer: Hey, science guys!

Comment

GLORIA: You need to sleep, or you're just gonna make more mistakes.

(Nick lifts his head and glowers at her.)

RUSH: You know, it would be easier if you would actually help.

GLORIA: What makes you think I can?

RUSH: Can I speak to Franklin?

GLORIA: Who?

RUSH: One of two things is happening here. Either I'm losing my mind or you and Doctor Franklin have somehow been manifested by the ship in order to communicate with me. Now, he tends to be a little bit more helpful when it comes to technical matters.

GLORIA: Let's see. What are you trying to do?

RUSH: Figure out how to control how long Destiny stops when it drops out of F.T.L.

GLORIA: OK.

(She thinks for a moment, then grimaces.)

GLORIA: Can't help you with that. Sorry.

(Nick rolls his eyes tetchily.)

RUSH: Right. I am losing my mind.
                  That's the best part for me
                  sigpic

Comment

That little convo before blowing the C4 was hilarious.

Rush's discussion with his hallucinations to, especially where he asks Gloria if her sole purpose is to question his decisions and she answers with a questions.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      - Riley's death scene. Brilliantly acted by LF and HS, loved the lack of soundtrack, and it was absolutely gutwrenching to watch. Sucks that Riley had to die, but it was well done, at least.
                      Hallucinations:Franklin.
                      everything this man just said.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The moment where TJ informs Riley of her vision of her daughter being safe on the planet was my favourite. This is because I thought it was great for TJ in that she was able to confide in another individual[ no matter how long] about her spiritual experience which nobody other than one who was in a severe life threatening situation would understand. Essentially, it was interesting to see both characters to use their recent /current life threatening scenarios to understand their various spiritual paths that they were/ had confronted and that although they were unsure of these paths, they accepted the as a possibility and were able to appreciate the benefits of doing so. For example, we see Riley ponder about God and what lay ahead for him, despite the fact that he was not a spiritual person while we saw TJ explore how real her vision felt abbd the pleasure she got from believing in it, despite the fact that it does not entirely make sense.

Also this scene was my favourite in that Dr. Park learnt about TJ'S secret when she was overhearing the conversation. She may now be a source of support for TJ ,depending non her view of the situation. It would also be interesting to see if Park reveals this info to any mother key personnel on Destiny and how this may effect TJ's situation. Essentially, this scene was my favourite because it offered a look at a strong connection between TJ and Riley while also providing us with info that could be used as potential storyline
                        Abbas Karimjee
                        www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                        The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Jeffer View Post
                          GLORIA: Big red X generally means "danger -- don't go there," doesn't it?

While that is up there. My fave is when "frankin" said
                          "This is all too much to handle, no matter how smart you think you are."

Rush's discussion with his hallucinations to, especially where he asks Gloria if her sole purpose is to question his decisions and she answers with a questions.
                          The entirety of Rush and his hallucinations made for a long string of great moments...

Comment

Fav sequence started when the shuttle lost power (or whatever it was). It was so intense that I held on to my own chair. Soundtrack and CGI were a m a z i n g.

Another one that stood out was Young ending Riley's life. This time the lack of music and only characters was so powerful. It was disturbing and tragic. Loved it.

Moment between TJ and Young. It reminded me those times when she was pregnant and Young was protective and concerned.

And I can't leave unmentioned Gloria. Her 'smell the roses' and 'can't help you there' lines cracked me up. I hope we see more of her. In one way or another.

Of course the end. If I manage to hold back tears up until that, then Riley's kino confession gets to me. Toast to Riley was a very nice touch.

Young beating the crap out of a LA guy. Oh man. Hadn't that bit been in the trailers, I would not have seen that one coming. It was brutal and crazy. Also loved Camile's reaction seeing it happen.

Hmm, did I leave something out?
                            sigpic

Comment

• RUSH: "Right. I am losing my mind."
                              • RUSH (bitterly): "He let the Lucian Alliance take over this ship. The man is mentally unstable and he's getting worse all the time." - To his dead wife. Enough said
                              • The scene with Ginn at the beginning. I wonder if her story was true.
                              • All the scenes on the bridge. I really like the set.
                              • The scene with poor Dr. Park. That was a typical Rush moment
                              • Young and the Lucian Alliance soldier. For a moment I thought he would bash the man's skull into a bloody pulp.
                              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X