Rush's sanity spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
    Destiny is using the image of Gloria coupled with Uploaded Franklin to guide Rush, he's certainly not insane.

What is sanity anyway? A social construction which varies massively from culture to culture. One man's nutcase is another man's prophet...
    and if he is rich, he is NOT Insane.. he is eccetric!

As for being up throughout the invasion, I don't recall anyone taking a nap, do you? I'd even argue that Greer and Scott should be more exhausted than Rush, what with the space walk, gathering intel etc. And yet neither they, nor anybody else have hallucinations.
    While they have had more work, tey are also trained to have a lot more endurance. Rush is not..

If this is the case, it'll be interesting to see further interaction between the ship/Franklin and the crew. I'm wondering if Franklin can only project himself on the bridge.
    Maybe he is locked to the bridge till all the controlls are fully unlocked.

These are things that Young needs to deal, perhaps even consider getting professional help with, because they have effected and will likely to continue to effect his actions.
    Precicely. He snapped on Telford (earth ep) after finding him cheating with his wife. He snapped on several of the scientists, some multiple times. Snapped on Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      If Rush 's sanity is questionable because he was talking to people who weren't really there , then lock him up along with Sam , Dr McKay, and Scott.

Or they all could have been talking with Ascended being or God.
      its not a question of sanity, as much as the origins and meaning of the peaple he was talking to...we all know he is crazy lol

Comment

Rush is a nutbag.

Comment

As long as he knows that the people he's talking to aren't real, I couldn't care less.
          Conrolled insanity is kind of nice and fits well to Rush's character
          += +lots of children
          Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            All I'll say is Rush's claim of Young being mentally unstable sounds hypocritical
            Whether he is hypocritical or not doesn't remove the truth behind his statement. Whether Rush is mentally unstable or not, I get the impression Young is worse.

And it remains to be seen if Rush is crazy, as we don't know if Rush is talking to himself or hallucinating, or if the ship/Franklin is talking to him. So, to be fair, you have to consider that angle.

Comment

I can recall a few stargate character who had talk with people who were not really there.

Sam , she was was talking to her niece Grace in episode "Grace"

In episode "Grace Under pressure" Dr McKay , when his puddle jumper crash deep into the ocean , he had talked with hallucination of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, at one point he was about to take his pants off and attempt to have sex with the hallucination.

Scott when was looking for material to repair the life support, his priest from Earth was talking to him.

When Jack was torture by Baa'l , he was really talking to Ascended Daniel so he is excluded from the the list.

If Rush 's sanity is questionable because he was talking to people who weren't really there , then lock him up along with Sam , Dr McKay, and Scott.

You sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                Whether he is hypocritical or not doesn't remove the truth behind his statement. Whether Rush is mentally unstable or not, I get the impression Young is worse.

And it remains to be seen if Rush is crazy, as we don't know if Rush is talking to himself or hallucinating, or if the ship/Franklin is talking to him. So, to be fair, you have to consider that angle.
                As a friend of mine likes to say/

You are not crazy talking with yourself.. only crazy if you start answering yourself!

Comment

I can recall a few stargate character who had talk with people who were not really there.

Sam , she was was talking to her niece Grace in episode "Grace"

In episode "Grace Under pressure" Dr McKay , when his puddle jumper crash deep into the ocean , he had talked with hallucination of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, at one point he was about to take his pants off and attempt to have sex with the hallucination.

Scott when was looking for material to repair the life support, his priest from Earth was talking to him.

When Jack was torture by Baa'l , he was really talking to Ascended Daniel so he is excluded from the the list.

My take is similar to Petra's

Sam had experienced a concussion (at the very least) which could explain her "visions".

McKay was suffering from hypothermia, oxygen deprivation and likely head trauma so it's not surprising he experienced something.

Scott was suffering form heat exhaustion (at the very least) and dehydration which could result in his "visions" and filled in some of his back story.

Rush cannot lay claim to any physical trauma (other than caffeine and nicotine withdrawal), unless we want to include an impact with Young's head. His sanity issues are completely separate from these other examples you cited. As Dr. Silberman would say, "In technical terminology: he's a loon."

regards,
                  G.
                  Last edited by Gollumpus; 12 October 2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

I think in Visitation, Cain reveals an important message. Of all things he says to TJ before re-dying (how does that worka again?)

It's: Believe in Destiny's mission and have faith in one another.

One of the HUGE principles of SGU is no one ever trusts Rush from the beggining up until now, even though he's sincerely doing things for their/his own good. Regardless they treat him like dirt through and through. Same thing with Chloe, they trust her at the beggining and as soon as she changes and they don't know something... they start misstrusting her right away.

What is that saying again: People fear what they do no understand?

Comment

Working...
                    X