This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kull Warrior Hosts

Sorry if this was addressed in other Kull warrior posts, even though I think the point of those threads was different, I'll ask it here for clarification. I understand the Goa'uld symbiote being a blank slate part, but what I must have missed in Season 7's episodes involving the Kulls is what exactly is the host?

When they captured the one, and took it's mask/helmet off, it did not appear human at all. I forgot what the analysis was, but it seemed very unhuman. Does any know what it was and if it was a human, what was done to make it so weird looking?

Thanks!

It's sort of human, IIRC.
    Spoiler:
    The host is massively altered by genetic engineering, resulting in an exceptionally powerful musculature and - presumably - only nominal intelligence. They are grown in tanks to full size, and since they are not really biologically viable, animated by the resurrection device and kept alive by the residual energies and the presence of a symbiote. The weapon which kills them works by nullifying the effect of Telchak's device, at which point the host dies, simply because it can not live.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

thr kull host are grown dead husks that given live by the ancient device.

Basically Anubis grows the bodies in vats like a clone body only dead.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Quite right!

The host itself is grow in a lab. With a modified version of the Ancient healing device, it is given life.

The Goa'uld symbiote inside isn't actually a blank slate.

If you'll remember back to when they had the Kull Warrior upon the table, Jacob was able to talk to it (although it was obviously trained not to talk too much.) With the aid of the Tok'Ra lie detecter thingie, the Kull Warrior even displayed where his home world was in the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen

If you'll remember back to when they had the Kull Warrior upon the table, Jacob was able to talk to it (although it was obviously trained not to talk too much.) With the aid of the Tok'Ra lie detecter thingie, the Kull Warrior even displayed where his home world was in the galaxy.
          That's right! It used the same technique Egeria used, but instead of a blank slate they were all programmed to be Anubis' big ol' stooges.

Comment

well it's blanc as far as memories are concerned and the typpcial goa'uld attidute. And since Speech is a learned behavoir anyway theres no reason to beleive they arn't completely blanc on birth.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

*high five*

1 thing though... The device was actually made by the ancient humans. Telchak made the first sarcophagus.

Comment

*cough* nobody said anythig about Telchak
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

CW... *points up*

Comment

CW... *points up*

Whoops, In the spoiler tags? Anyhoo technically Mr P. only said the device belonged to Tel'chak which it did. Not that it was made by telchak which you nitpicked.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

No, no spoiler tag. I wrote it! Please, spoiler spaces are for those considerate, tacky people.

"1 thing though... The device was actually made by the ancient humans. Telchak made the first sarcophagus. "

Comment

Yes' I know. I assumed you were trying to correct someone else. Which is why I said nobody else had said otherwise. Nevermind!
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

1 thing though... The device was actually made by the ancient humans. Telchak made the first sarcophagus.
                          As CW says, whoever made the device originally, it was in the temple of Telchak. If we assume that Telchak took the standard Goa'uld line that all the stuff in his domain was his, then pretty clearly it was his device.

Of course, we could call it 'the SGC's device' now, but that's so unspecific given their packrattish habits.

Comment

More like the giant plot black hole at Area51's device now
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Quite right!

The host itself is grow in a lab. With a modified version of the Ancient healing device, it is given life.

Do they have intelligence? Or are they like robotic drones?

Comment

Working...
                              X