No announcement yet.

If the Shuttle is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seeder ships would've had to be pretty far ahead, or they would've noticed the faith star system, as rush states in that episode. Unless that star system was put there when the aliens noticed the destiny got a crew. Still, that means the seeder ships would be a galaxy ahead at least.

Comment

And it is a galaxy ahead. Bear in mind that several unmanned craft were launched before Destiny so this is only one of those things. It may be the only one of that type, but I doubt it. If it is, so much for season 3. Or even season 2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
        I initially assumed that they would have a huge head start like most people I guess. But then I came to thinking why on earth would it be? Ultimately all it needs to do is to stay one lesson ahead of the student so to speak. Just send it a couple years earlier so that "real time" (on a geographical timescale) accurate surveys can be gathered that are acually useable by the Destiny crew and so that they can come across a nice gate on its travels but not too far ahead. Basically the only limiting factor in the window between the seeder ships and the Destiny is how long it takes to collect materials for the gates and to actually manufacture and place them.
        Spoiler:
        Remember Franklyn told Rush that the data from the planet in aftermath was millions of years old.
        thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
          Remember Franklyn told Rush that the data from the planet in aftermath was millions of years old.
          That isn't a spoiler, no need to tag it. Also, that's not what Frankin said. What Franklin said was that the shuttle was millions of years old, and the Rush did not take this into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
            Spoiler:

The spoiler pretty much shows a destiny class ship that it docks with.
            A different spoiler (webisodes) shows a destiny class ship that blows up.
            I guess we'll find out if it's the same ship this season.
            Spoiler:
            The ship it docks with definitely isn't a Destiny class ship, the design is very different.

Comment

I still think it's possible that Destiny did send a subspace transmission to a seeder ship ordering it to await her arrival, perhaps to facilitate repairs or resupply after the significant damage she's taken. While we are assuming that much of that damage is from the BA, some of it may be much older than that. Perhaps the message was sent quite a while ago, and Destiny has been closing the distance for centuries.

Of course, the seeder may also be off-mission, captured, or somehow rendered non-mission-capable.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Spoiler:
                The ship it docks with definitely isn't a Destiny class ship, the design is very different.
                Spoiler:
                By Destiny Class ship, I mean similar shape and similar size. It's certainly no shuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abiron View Post
                  I still think it's possible that Destiny did send a subspace transmission to a seeder ship ordering it to await her arrival, perhaps to facilitate repairs or resupply after the significant damage she's taken. While we are assuming that much of that damage is from the BA, some of it may be much older than that. Perhaps the message was sent quite a while ago, and Destiny has been closing the distance for centuries..
                  Interesting idea.. that the destiny told it to "hold up, i need repairs" 1000 or so years ago and that seeder ship has been sitting there since..

Comment

Working...
                  X