Lack of gates in area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of gates in area

There seemed to be a lack of gates in this system meaning that the gate ship broke down somehow. wonder what happened?

Spoiler:
    aliens got on board
    sigpic

Comment

^ what he said

Comment

It doesn't mean that the seeder ship neccesarily broke down, it just means it couldn't find many planets nearby that had a atmosphere suitable for visitation.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What the heck are you guys talking about and why is this in the Aftermath folder?

Comment

It's technically relevant. It is odd that there would be no gates along their immediate path when the last galaxy had a string that could reach about halfway across the galaxy. For there not to be any, either the seeders aren't doing their job or this galaxy is just a hell-hole.

Comment

Oh yeah!

I thought that "no gates" thing was just a plot device to make Rush's decision about stopping the ship harder, but it does work better as a foreshadowing of something screwy happening with the Seeders.

Carry on.

Comment

Space is pretty big. There being no gates in range after 4 hours travel really isn't that surprising.

Comment

Rush's issue is that there weren't any gates in range of the planet. That's a lot further down the road.

Comment

I tell you how big it is!

Think of us as a grain of sand in the universe, now think a million times smaller than that.
                    Were still not close. We are insignificant.
                    Just because the last galaxy had a lot of planets with gates it does not mean that the next one will. Every galaxy has its own stage of development.

Comment

Or perhaps
                      Spoiler:
                      that is why we caught up with it since it seems to be broke down

Comment

Spoiler:
                        It looks like they'll be docking with the seeder ship. So it's not likely to have gotten to work seeding this galaxy. It's probably not the only seeder ship, but still.

Or it could just be a hell hole of a galaxy. So far volcanic hyper rotational atmosphere is the only gated place. And it's gate wasn't even working.

Comment

I don' Know about anyone else but In my opinion I would think that a seeder ship would have to be the same size as destiny or bigger. Unless it is possibly a mining ship which transports raw materials to the seeder ships. It could also be a reconneresence vessel designed soley for collecting information on the rest of the galaxy. It could also be a ship soley designed for ship maintenance, there could be a number of them designed to float between the vessels.

Comment

Why would it need to be bigger than Destiny?

Comment

At least the same size IMO given that it to has to make intergalactic jumps. Plus doing slightly more than just travel along a path. Granted that it probably doesn't have to stop as often, and other design differences.

Spoiler:
                              I always thought that it'd be more of a mothership sending out lots of work drones. Not another Destiny of sorts. But certainly not too different from Destiny. But I guess we'll find out next episode (or later).

Comment

Working...
                              X