The Lucian Alliance has A LOT of intel on the Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lucian Alliance has A LOT of intel on the Destiny

The Lucian Alliance knew that the room that Rush and company had sealed themselves into was the hydroponics labs simply by looking at it from the outside. As far as I am aware, the crew hasn't put up signs in any Milky Way language telling people what each room is for from the outside.

So the Lucian Alliance must have a lot of intel on the ship if most of their high ranking officers know where each room is located from memory! "Oh, four corridors down from here is weapons and three corridors up is the mess!".

So, how much intel do you think they have?

They have the intel Telford provided, and the rooms are labeled in Ancient on the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      They have the intel Telford provided, and the rooms are labeled in Ancient on the maps.
      Yes, but the question is: How much intel did Telford provide them?

Also, good point.

Comment

From Telford, they would have information on all the crew and, from the amount of trips Telford took to the Destiny (where he kept wanting to see more), I'd imagine he's passed all of that on. Add to that what the LA may have known from other sources (everyone seems to know more about the Destiny than the crew - save perhaps Rush, who I believe knows a lot more than he's telling)
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think it's as others have said, Telford gave a lot of info to the Alliance. He had details on the ship provided by the crew and even spent time on the ship as well via the stones. He was the perfect person for the Alliance.
          To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
          http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
          http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Depending on how good Telford's memory is he could have even passed on fairly detailed maps and diagrams of destiny.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

they know as much as Telford told them and what they found on planets and stuff, like the magic door openers

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Depending on how good Telford's memory is he could have even passed on fairly detailed maps and diagrams of destiny.
                That he could have done easily.

Comment

There's also a bit of ancient writing on the gear of the door lock. And some rooms have a glass peep hole. It could also be that the keys interface with the ships database and show the information. I still don't think that they got them from Telfords specs. They seem to know more about Destiny, than the current residents. With a few exceptions. Perhaps a bit more info than just an address in a database.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                    There's also a bit of ancient writing on the gear of the door lock. And some rooms have a glass peep hole. It could also be that the keys interface with the ships database and show the information. I still don't think that they got them from Telfords specs. They seem to know more about Destiny, than the current residents. With a few exceptions. Perhaps a bit more info than just an address in a database.
                    This is assuming that the hydroponics lab is Ancient in nature and not just a random room the expedition decided to set up a hydroponics lab in. Could someone go back and analyze the footage of the lab to see if it's Earth or Ancient tech?

Comment

I think we set it up....

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I think we set it up....
                        Then the Ancient writing on the wall is meaningless since even if the Lucian Alliance were all fluent in Ancient, it wouldn't matter if they could read that the sign said "Male Brothel", the room inside would probably contain something else entirely. Which brings us back to "My Goddess, Telford must've relayed a frackload of intel if they know the layout of the ship inside out!".

Comment

Perhaps, but given that you can't exactly take any written notes and other things via stones, that would mean a whole lot of short stone trips to take notes on the other side. Or Telford has an IQ higher than Rush. Plus we never saw Telford do a lot of exploring or spending a lot of time at a terminal. Baring the one ep where they drained the power and tried to dial home via sun power. But that's still a lot of stuff to remember per trip. Kind of like reading a classic novel twice, then being able to recite it word for word, with formatting to include page numbers and chapter titles. Plus ISBN, dewey decimal, and any other technicals. Certainly not impossible to do, but highly unlikely. As I wonder how Eli finds the door that vacuums to space, and the LA didn't.

Comment

Given the limited resources that the expedition brought with them when they boarded Destiny it seems unlikely they were able to construct a fully operational hydroponics lab from scratch. It's far more likely that Destiny was built with a hydroponics lab onboard. Having reviewed several scenes in which we see the lab it appears to be well built with certain aesthetic details that wouldn't be expected if you were hastily constructing said lab out of whatever you could find lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              Then the Ancient writing on the wall is meaningless since even if the Lucian Alliance were all fluent in Ancient, it wouldn't matter if they could read that the sign said "Male Brothel", the room inside would probably contain something else entirely. Which brings us back to "My Goddess, Telford must've relayed a frackload of intel if they know the layout of the ship inside out!".
                              Beig how many seemed to be ok at operating the consoles etc, i don't think reading ancient is an issue.

Or Telford has an IQ higher than Rush. Plus we never saw Telford do a lot of exploring or spending a lot of time at a terminal.
                              Not really. He could just have a damn good memory (photographic like).

Comment

Working...
                              X